What would happen if DISH drops Viacom?

They do. Every time you tune to a channel, and have your box connected to the phone or Internet. Based on those numbers they have their equations.

Did Viacom even offer a log-on service for pay tv providers at the time? I highly doubt they would of banned those if they did. Thats a contract killer..

To my knowledge they still don't offer a way for users to log into their providers. I don't think they participate in "TV everywhere" At least I couldn't find the option on Spike TVs website.

and to actually answer scotts topic question....Viacom would go under or get bought out. They have been dropped by too many providers and their stock has been tanking for quite sometime. Ratings across all of their channels are down so if Dish does come to an agreement, Dish should get a hell of a deal way better than Direct TV got 2 years ago. Since Dish did Re-Sign Epix in Feb. of this year for their sling service i think that will probably benefit Dish and getting a deal done since the DTV deal did NOT include Epix on their service.

Viacom CEO: "There Is Never Enough Good Original Content" http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-ceo-is-never-good-823343
At an industry conference, Philippe Dauman discussed FX chief John Landgraf's suggestion that there is too much TV and the role of the BBC.Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman on Wednesday touted his company's increased spending on original programming, the continued value of the pay TV bundle and his team's success in Britain.During a keynote appearance at a TV industry convention in Cambridge, England, about a year after Viacom acquired Britain's Channel 5, he said the broadcaster would increase by a double-digit percentage its content spending budget in the 2015/2016 fiscal year, while emphasizing that the number "far exceeded" its news commitment.Asked about FX Networks CEO John Landgraf's recent suggestion that there was too much TV, Dauman said "there is never enough good original content," saying cultural hits are "a very special thing to accomplish," even though there are more originals. "You have to try a lot of new things," he said. The CEO also emphasized that Viacom likes originals for being "brand-defining" and said "there are always new uses for great content" thanks to new technology and new international markets. Concluded Dauman: There is not too much TV, but companies have to be "smart [about] where to allocate money."He said he would rather spend money on eight different shows and do a few episodes each and then focus on the one hit and end the others, rather than spending all money on one huge new show.

Malone's Vision for Media Deals May Start With AMC Networks and Starz http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...media-deals-may-start-with-amc-networks-starz
John Malone could finally be getting his wish: a new round of media consolidation sparked by merger talks between AMC Networks Inc. and Starz.The cable TV billionaire, who’s the largest individual shareholder of both Starz and Discovery Communications Inc., has been calling for companies that produce TV shows and own the networks to merge if they want to successfully navigate the current turbulence in the U.S. pay-TV market.The potential marriage of AMC Networks and Starz, two smaller players in the pay-TV business, is about bargaining power, according to analysts. A combination would put a larger number of channels and shows under one roof, giving the company a stronger hand when negotiating for fees from cable and satellite operators. That business has been going through its own round of dealmaking, with AT&T Inc. buying DirecTV and Charter Communications Inc. scooping up Time Warner Cable Inc.“This is just the beginning of media content M&A,” said Paul Sweeney, an analyst with Bloomberg Intelligence. “In this case, we have two smaller players looking to gain scale in a world where the distributors are rapidly consolidating.”Viewer losses and sluggish advertising sales have led some analysts and investors to conclude that decades of growth are coming to an end in cable television, threatening more than $110 billion in ad revenue and subscriber fees. Younger consumers are spending more time streaming videos online from Netflix, YouTube, Snapchat and Facebook. That’s siphoning viewers and dollars away from broadcast and pay TV.
Please move in wrong place and I apologize!! :)

Malone's Vision for Media Deals May Start With AMC Networks and Starz http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...media-deals-may-start-with-amc-networks-starz

I saw that, and it is a coincidence Starz is no longer listed as one of the benefits of a new subscriber?
http://www.dish.com/introductory-savings-offer/
http://www.dish.com/35th-anniversary-special-offer/

And in the terms of the agreement;
"Premium Channels:
After 3 months you will be billed $45/mo for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and DISH Movie Pack unless you call to cancel."

And... conspicuously missing on the Premiums page;
http://www.dish.com/premium-movies/

If AMC Networks buys Starz I can see a lot of consolidation happening.

AMC (AMC and SundanceTV)
IFC (IFC and Starz Comedy)
BBC America
WeTV
Starz (Starz and Encore)
Starz Cinema (Starz Cinema and indieplex)
Starz Classics (Encore Classic and movieplex)
Starz Retro (retroplex)
Starz Action and Suspense (Encore Action and Encore Suspense)
Starz Family (Starz Kids & Family and Encore Family)
Starz InBlack (Starz InBlack and Encore Black)
Starz Edge
Starz Westerns (Encore Westerns)

AMC would also add a lot of westerns inventory for Saturday's in the move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they merge, could they please move all non-UK content off BBC America to one of their other dozen networks? I'd like BBCA to return to showing almost exclusively UK produced content.

If AMC Networks buys Starz I can see a lot of consolidation happening.

AMC (AMC and SundanceTV)
IFC (IFC and Starz Comedy)
BBC America
WeTV
Starz (Starz and Encore)
Starz Cinema (Starz Cinema and indieplex)
Starz Classics (Encore Classic and movieplex)
Starz Retro (retroplex)
Starz Action and Suspense (Encore Action and Encore Suspense)
Starz Family (Starz Kids & Family and Encore Family)
Starz InBlack (Starz InBlack and Encore Black)
Starz Edge
Starz Westerns (Encore Westerns)

AMC would also add a lot of westerns inventory for Saturday's in the move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Starz and encore already are the same company

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts