What would MPEG4 get me???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gordonkearse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Fairfax, SC
I've been trying to patiently wait for new options. And I see others making the jump to HD receivers. But I can't understand from reading lyngsat if the transition is worth it. Is MPEG4 the way fta is headed or is it probably a dead end?

I'm presently running standard definition fta receivers and get both c and ku band fta. I'm looking forward to freedbs. I'm sure the rest of you are, too.:cool:

Some receivers are relatively cheap -- like the Sonicview 8000. Others are a lot higher -- like the Pansat 9200. And the Pansat TC-1000 would be a great receiver if it scanned more than 1,000 channels. I'm seeing where the khub is making the SV8000 a little more attractive as an option, but the iks software is still poor for Sonicview.

Would someone be willing to tell me how much programming it would add to the line-up?

Lots of people say don't do it, but I don't know whether the ones telling me that have the information or the knowledge to be saying it. I don't have other friends or neighbors from which to get this information.

Any info would be appreciated.

I have the SV-HD8000 and like it

I picked up a SV-HD8000 from CraigsList and really have gotten a lot of fun out of it.

I did have a learning curve with this box - - - but I was surprised the number of feeds that are 720p and 1080i (I'm currently KU Band only)

Of course the SV-HD8000 does not do S2 or 4:2:2 but if you can find one cheaply you will still get quite a bit of High Def. mainly in feeds.

I know this does not completely answer your question - - - this is just my experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts