What would you aim at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have picked up another starchoice dish with two lnbs 4 degrees apart and can't make up my mind on where to point it.

I'm currently pointed at 72, 74, 79, 87, 101, 105, 123, and 127 west for linear sats. Five linear LNBs are on my T90, one on a 40" dish, and two starchoice 75E dishes with two LNBs 4 degrees apart. I've got a view of 30W through 129W. Hooked up to a DVB card and a Viewsat SD box. I use the DVB card for HD stuff.

So, my question is, if you had 10 Ku LNBs to point at anything what would you aim them at and why? I'd really appreciate the suggestions.

what are the rules? 10 LNB's no matter how close or 10 on the T90?

Sats I would pick would be

far as I can go on a T90

now to answer trhe question which dish would you do for 4 degrees and you already have this
I'm currently pointed at 72, 74, 79, 87, 101, 105, 123, and 127 west for linear sats. Five linear LNBs are on my T90, one on a 40" dish, and two starchoice 75E dishes with two LNBs 4 degrees apart.
I would say 93/97 if you want some of the stuff on 97 or maybe 89/93 for feeds...only issue is with 93 crapping out the feeds arent as much there

I use to have this on the T90]
72 74 79 85 89 93 97 101 107 111 (last 2 for SC sub)

Rules...Hrm. Got my BEV sub on the 90 at 82 and 91. Which is why I thought maybe I'd set up the new dish at 87/91 for Galaxy 11. Then move the LNB from AMC3 at 87 somewhere else on the T90. But then where. I have space between 91 and 101 on the T90 now.

I haven't been able to get 72 on the T90 because I wanted 74.

I also thought I could set up the new dish at 93 and 97 like you said but then with 93 being semi-dead I discounted that.

Then I was thinking that I could set up the new dish at 97 and 101, and then move the LNB from 101 to 99 on the T90.

But then I really would like to get WhiteSprings back. So I thought I could stick the new dish at 125/129W, to get that and PBS on AMC-21 when it's up in the fall/winter and save freezing my ass off then.

But then I would like to get Galaxy 11 for more feeds. But then, I can't miss what I haven't had. I could take the LNB from the 40" and stick it into a holder on the 90, put up the 20" again for my sub, ditch the 40" which the wife would love. But then that was the point I made to her about getting the T90: fewer dishes.

Maybe I should have got a motor. :)

97/101 has the glorystar stuff if you're interested in that plus a bunch of other foreign channels such as russia today, aljazeera english and press tv (iran). great for getting news from a non-us perspective (or the enemy's perspective depending on your point of view)

Don't have C band. Wish I did though. Outside of putting one on my roof out of my wife's sight, it's just never going to happen. In fact, I don't even ask. I had one before that I was told was a 6', but turned out to be a 10' by the time it was put together. Seriously, she was going to leave until it was gone. It went. *sigh*

There's a guy at the end of my street that has one mounted on his roof. Never moves from about 130w. At least, I've never seen it in any other position in the last six years that I've lived here. Almost knocked on the door once to ask about it. :)

My wife hasn't said anything about this new dish I have. I haven't said anything either. It's sitting below the clothes line so I know she knows it's around, and what's coming. But, this will be it for quite a while. Guess that's why I'm wondering what to point it at.

I've got a friend that will take my T90 off my hands and I could get a 1.2M dish and motor and have a bit of cash left over, and then I could aim at anything at any time. Only watch TV in the living room so that wouldn't cause issues with a second receiver. Maybe that's my solution? Then one could say, "Well, you're considering a 50" dish, why not dual C/Ku?" That would be cool. Get a diseqc box to drive the actuator and off I go. But that would have to be on the roof. Frightened of heights. Damn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts