What would you ask Chase Carey?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When are you going to make "Caddyshack 3"?

Oh, wait, I might have him confused with someone else. Although DirecTV has gotten pretty comical lately. :D

-JustBob

vurbano said:
How do you sleep at night you dirty SOB?

Id ask him if he thinks we're all retarted...

Just for the record Vurbano, ESPN and ESPN2HD on D* are both HDLite..

No ifs, ands, or buts about it..

Last edited:
guffy1 said:
Id ask him if hese retarted...

Just for the record Vurbano, ESPN and ESPN2HD on D* are both HDLite..

No ifs, ands, or buts about it..

ESPNHD1 and 2 are 1280x720p. Not downrezzed as far as I know.

im going out on a limb here. BUT.. i hear directv may.....may be in talks with tivo to swallow them whole.

and NO you cant have the source.

dragon002 said:
im going out on a limb here. BUT.. i hear directv may.....may be in talks with tivo to swallow them whole.
Given their problems with their own in-house DVR and the new 2Q delay (That is a delay 2Q long, not until the 2Q) for the HD DVR, it would not suprise me in the least.

I it is true, I think D* can tinker with the interface to make it more D* like:rolleyes: , but use the TiVo engine.

hdtvtechno said:
ESPN is in the green zone
with bitrate of 16.5

Yes, I know..This is where I get my bit rate info...It was at 16.5 for those events that were used to calcualte it..It was alot lower for some other events both at ESPNHD and ESPN2HD.. 16.5 is not the constant bit rate, as shown on those charts..

And even if 16.5 was the constant bit rate its still HDLite....

Not to sound like a jerk, but do you have a point you are trying to make?...Just curious really. Im really confused as to what you are getting at here :D

What I wonder about those numbers is on the movie channels since the orginal is film at 24fps how much that 3:2 conversion process affects the bitrate as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts