What would you change about our Sports Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that, but I'm just not in here consistently enough. Besides, I REALLY believe that Rey and Cosmo are the best candidates if they want it, and more importantly, if Scott decides to go that route. :)

Then this would make you come here more, Bill...that's a good thing! For us anyway...

Sandra

Scott as staff myself do we really need more moderators? While Ramy is a ok moderator unfortunately he has allowed the inmates to run the asylum. I know you are not here enough but a few mods are (myself included). If another mod removes a post and Ramy doesn't do it the same habitual offenders blow a gasket to the mod who removed it (this seems to mainly be myself and Rocky) and they end up PM'ing Ramy who basically does the same thing to us (blow up). Scott you've seen the proof elsewhere. All other areas of the forum seem to be smooth flowing because the mods do a good job there. This area seems to be the exception. So ya more moderation is needed

I agree with the constant bickering between some people needs to stop...I mean seriously we're not 12 years old anymore on the playground yet some people feel the need to get the last word in....constantly

Also maybe we would have some more folks visit but alot of folks dont because the same people will flame them for their opinion. I've seen it when I post. Yes there are people who are passionate about their team but some folks go beyond that. And thats why folks stay away

Last edited:
maybe we would have some more folks visit but alot of folks dont because the same people will flame them for their opinion.

So true and yes it's usually the same people that jump all over the new posters in this forum.

Maybe you cpuld set up "Private chat rooms" for those who want to argue about NBA Lockout...How great the raiders are..etc

Maybe you cpuld set up "Private chat rooms" for those who want to argue about NBA Lockout...How great the raiders are..etc
well we already have a chat room so we're free to go there anytime :)

I think Ramy is doing a fine job, some people just need to get thicker skin and realize that if someone doesn't like their team doesn't mean that it is a personal attack.

I wouldn't mind adding Rey and Cosmo, I know that they don't take criticism of their teams personally.

EDIT: UNBELIEVABLE. :facepalm

Last edited:

A while ago I suggested here a sports 'War Zone thread', where topics could be debated ad nauseum (like in the Dish-DirecTV area of the site), taking those debates out of the 'regular' sports threads....leaving those threads for normal discussion only.

When I threw that against the proverbial satellite guys wall it didn't stick LOL.

Sandra

Last edited:
I wish I had more time in the day to get on here, but I don't. I have been going out of town a lot lately and with no wifi, I am not going to read all the threads on my cell phone.

A while ago I suggested here a sports 'War Zone thread', where topics could be debated ad nauseum (like in the Dish-DirecTV area of the site), taking those debates out of the 'regular' sports threads....leaving those threads for normal discussion only.

When I threw that against the proverbial satellite guys wall it didn't stick LOL.

Sandra
even in a thread like that, the no flaming or baiting rules would still apply.

I think Ramy is doing a fine job, some people just need to get thicker skin and realize that if someone doesn't like their team doesn't mean that it is a personal attack.

I wouldn't mind adding Rey and Cosmo, I know that they don't take criticism of their teams personally.

EDIT: UNBELIEVABLE. :facepalm
i need to pm you but your inbox is full hart.

Ramy said:
I wish I had more time in the day to get on here, but I don't. I have been going out of town a lot lately and with no wifi, I am not going to read all the threads on my cell phone.

yep... I assumed as much. I had barely seen you around and barely post.

I honestly have not noticed it, but I generally stay in two or three threads in the sports section (the college football and occasionally basketball ones).

Guys and gals, I don't think Scott meant ADD NEW Staff members; just ask existing staff to pay particular attention to this forum, although I myself have made some recommendations on new staff, and for sure, Ice and I are working to make sure things flow well here.

But the bigger issue here is making sure people remain civil in their discussions. Yeah, we all love our teams, but I have seen this forum get out of hand many times over the years. Not so bad in the past month, but it has been a problem, particularly when people get to bickering and dominate the discussion.

The biggest thing people need to remember is that SatGuys is a family of sorts, and while we argue, we need to keep the discourse civil, and refrain from flaming. Oh, its ok to joke; and its ok to pick on people (I mean seriously, if I could not pick on Smith, what would the point be???), but with all things, needs to be in moderation.

I was generally pleased with the way the discussion has gone in high profile threads, like the PSU scandal; and I suspect we'll have some spirited discussion as the NFL season works its way to a conclusion. but if we treat each other in a civil way, it will be better for everyone. :)

Oh, its ok to joke; and its ok to pick on people (I mean seriously, if I could not pick on Smith, what would the point be???), but with all things, needs to be in moderation.
I feel that I was singled out in this discussion, as shown by the post above, and I do not appreciate it.
Scott, something must be done to curb the harassment of out of control mods like Rocky.
I will not stand for it anymore.

msmith198025 said:
I feel that I was singled out in this discussion, as shown by the post above, and I do not appreciate it.
Scott, something must be done to curb the harassment of out of control mods like Rocky.

you deserved it.

Rednecks are the exception to the no harassment rule. :D

Rednecks are the exception to the no harassment rule. :D
I would like to add Ramy to the list of out of control staff members.
Even with his now limited time as a married man, he comes to take a shot at me. He is just mad that I keep winning member of the year.
It has to stop!
Down with the tyranny!

Out of all people I wouldn't have expected RockyMtnHigh and Msmith to become the post whores of this thread and take it off topic. :)

There are some good ideas in this thread and I will talk them over with SatelliteGuys Co Owner tonight to see what she thinks.

Out of all people I wouldn't have expected RockyMtnHigh and Msmith to become the post whores of this thread and take it off topic. :)

There are some good ideas in this thread and I will talk them over with SatelliteGuys Co Owner tonight to see what she thinks.

Post whore? The horror. :eek:

I had a very meaningful post, talked about family, and civility. :D Yeah, I injected some humor into it, but the truth is the truth. :) I just forgot that a certain Auburn fan can't take a joke. LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts