What would you change about our Sports Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See me beinig a sports idiot I would think that Auburn was the persons hair color. :D

Yup... and the entire sports forum is calling for an intervention so he will admit his true passion... the whole Roll Tide Roll thing is really just a cry for help; a cry of a guy who can't admit his true love.

mdonnelly said:
I know, let's make Insider and Jimbo the moderators. Then they can spend all day deleting each others posts while we go on with our lives. :)

Nope, I would not remove a post because its about a team I don't care for, just not the way I would roll.
The majority of the time Insider and I get into sme good conversations, look forward to many more with him now that Urban is here !

As for my opinion as to who to alow to Moderate, don't the existing mods also look over other areas that they may participte in ?
While I have no problem if Scott wants to add someone, but, Ice is an avid sports fan and a Mod already here, if he chose to, I would suggest him to help out.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

juan said:
Maybe you cpuld set up "Private chat rooms" for those who want to argue about NBA Lockout...How great the raiders are..etc

I mentioned that type of thing several years ago ....

Hart5150 said:
I think Ramy is doing a fine job, some people just need to get thicker skin and realize that if someone doesn't like their team doesn't mean that it is a personal attack.

I wouldn't mind adding Rey and Cosmo, I know that they don't take criticism of their teams personally.

EDIT: UNBELIEVABLE. :facepalm

Its one thing to defend your team and quite another to consistantly bash someone elses team so you can bait them into an arguement.

Its one thing to defend your team and quite another to consistantly bash someone elses team so you can bait them into an arguement
And that is the issue...

People want to talk sports not be baited into a fight... thats what I want to fix here. :)

Its one thing to defend your team and quite another to consistantly bash someone elses team so you can bait them into an arguement.

And this is where I chime in. All of my posts that I have gotten dinged for have been reactionary. (Not saying I couldn't have reacted better ;), but that is the situation)

I, hopefully, have taken a few extra moments in the more recent past to reflect on what I have written, and edited those appropriately.

A. People write things that may not call another person names, but is just as bad and inflammatory, yet they feel they are OK, and yet, when they get a hard reaction back, they cry, bitch and moan. "He said I was stupid,", "I feel insulted", etc., etc., and yet they taunted until the breaking point.

B. What is OK and not OK? Can you say, "That's a stupid/idiotic statement?", because believe me there are some of those around here. (Smith)!? ;):D

C. That's not calling names, but stating the "thought" is not well thought out, shall we say. Some people take that personally (see A)

IF you are going to start infractions in here, there needs to be a better system than the harsh one used in the rest of the site. You get infractions that last way too long, and banned for what we would call banter here in the Sports Forum, but would be different in other forums. The Denver Broncos Message Board has a decent infraction system that is gradual, and the infractions don't last 3 months, but 30 days. And maybe, infractions/bans only affect your Sports Forum status/posting abilities.

I wrote in a post how I feel about the Sports Forum - (not saying that others will agree)

I like to think of this as a group of friends hanging out at a bar, shooting the bull. We give each other crap sometimes, but in the end we keep coming back to have more beers together. We may disagree vehemently at times, but most are mature enough to know this is a discussion, and will come back again. And sometimes we might even agree.

I won't write anything that I wouldn't say to a persons face, sitting at the bar next to me. If I think what you're saying is stupid, I'll tell you that. It is MY opinion, that's all. Just as you and everyone else here are entitled to your and their own.

I usually only post in the Football threads, so I don't if it's better or worse in the others, but that's my 11 cents worth. ANd I haven't really seen any newbies get chased off from here. This is a pretty close group that knows each other, so maybe it's just hard for some to break in to the "clique" and feel a part of the group.

P.S. I think we have done a pretty good job of taking care of each other in here, and while there are flareups, they don't last long, and things eventually smooth to normal again, and we all are still here.

So, to sum it all up, I don't think we really need to change anything. (I guess I could have just written that.)

Last edited:
B. What is OK and not OK? Can you say, "That's a stupid/idiotic statement?", because believe me there are a LOT of those around here. (Smith)!? ;):D
What is this? Gang up on Smith day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Gosh gee wiz it all

Hey, hey....language!!!

;)
Sorry, sometimes I get carried away and the words just come out.
Based on my stress level from the harassment that I have been getting, I think a little leniency in regards to my language is appropriate. Dang nab it to heck!

I'll be honest, I think this is a great site. I think its nice that we all can have different opinions on different things. Hell, I talk to you guys more than I talk to supposed "friends" and Ive never even met any of you!!

You can say that if you read a post or thread that you may find offensive or mean-spirited to say something about it and oversee things like that but the only thing is that what you may seem as mean-spirited might seem as a joke to everyone else and vice versa. I think we all are on our best behavior and we should take the forums as what they are. There a place to vent or to bs with other passionate sports fans. Nothing more, nothing less. I think for the most part this site is an escape from "The Real World".

I agree with hart in that people need to get some thicker skin when it comes to others talking bad about "their team". If someone says hey team Y sucks because blah blah blah there is no need to take it as some personal insult to yourself and get all bent out of shape. Really I mean its just a team its not like someone is talking about your family.

I mean when OSU was hot and FLA were hot I was certainly guilty of giving jimbo and the osu fans hell about there team and got it dished back as well. But I dont think either of us took it personal and we have good conversations on other topic

dvrexpander probably gets beat up the most here being one of the only ACC fans (aside from salsa) certainly the only VTech fan. But he certainly does not wine and cry here in the forum and takes it and dishes it right back.

The people who are complaining unless they are complaining about someone specifically attacking them or constantly going after them personally just needs to get over it. I mean people are constantly going after the SEC teams and the "SEC Biased" etc but I dont recall ever getting mad over it.

The software this website uses has a great feature that allows you to IGNORE people. If someone bothers you they can disappear with a few clicks of the mouse and you can get on with your day. Remember it is only the internet. When you close your web browser it goes away. So don't take it to heart or let it ruin your day.

To answer the thread title as to what I would change..

We need more SEC fans here. The forum is certainly lacking in SEC fans so maybe we could do massive advertising around the SEC world to get more SEC fans.

Just saying....

We need more SEC fans here. The forum is certainly lacking in SEC fans so maybe we could do massive advertising around the SEC world to get more SEC fans.

Just saying....

Yeah, that's all we need.......................................................................................

:p

Just saying....

You nailed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.