What's Better a S9 or S10?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I'm still just sitting back and waiting to see what happens. Right now my next one will be either the Manhattan or the Azbox Me......I'm just going to wait a couple of months to let the bugs get worked out..:D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of the upcoming firmware and the Universal LNB 5150 / 10750 works on my LNB. I am now getting C/KU from my dish for the first time!

You are joking about this being included in the public firmware release, right? 5150/10750 is the switch fix for motorized systems? So this "fix" only supports a 22khz switch with one C-band and one Standard KU-band LNBF?

The reason that the blind scan is taking so long is that the receiver is being fooled into scanning 950-2150 with 22khz on then a second scan of 950-2150 with 22khz off. The actual IF frequencies that need to be scanned on either LNB is about half of that bandwidth.

Combining C and Ku in a blind scan does not make any sense to me either. If I am understanding this right is this the "fix" for lack of switch control? With a motorized system some sats have only Ku, are you going to sit there while it scans C-band tp's that aren't even there! I hope this is still a work in progress and we get the motor, switch, and scan options we have enjoyed for years from other FTA receivers.

If you have a motorized setup you can use a Diseqc 1.0 or 1.1 switch and it has the settings. Right now there is no 22k option in the motorized so this is the "workaround". The only drawback is it would scan both C and KU Band under the same satellite.

I guess its better than nothing ;)

The reason that the blind scan is taking so long is that the receiver is being fooled into scanning 950-2150 with 22khz on then a second scan of 950-2150 with 22khz off. The actual IF frequencies that need to be scanned on either LNB is about half of that bandwidth.

huh? you are confused
It scans twice...once for C-Band and once for KU. I know the Manhattan (and the SSO's for that matter) scan 950-2150 regardless of LNB LO but its only scanning one band at a time

huh? you are confused
It scans twice...once for C-Band and once for KU. I know the Manhattan (and the SSO's for that matter) scan 950-2150 regardless of LNB LO but its only scanning one band at a time

HUH??? No confusion here..... Correct, it is scanning only one band at a time, BUT.......

It scans 22khz - OFF for C-band (950 - 2150mhz) and again 22khz - ON for KU-band (950 - 2150mhz). This is just fooling the receiver into thinking that the LNB type selected is Universal with the built-in 22khz switch. :eek:

HUH??? No confusion here..... Correct, it is scanning only one band at a time, BUT.......

It scans 22khz - OFF for C-band (950 - 2150mhz) and again 22khz - ON for KU-band (950 - 2150mhz). This is just fooling the receiver into thinking that the LNB type selected is Universal with the built-in 22khz switch. :eek:

and other than the fact if you scan say 91W you'll have both C-Band and KU Band under one satellite whats the issue?

Is this switch setting available to be individually assigned to only specific satellite positions which have C-band and KU-band or will apply to all satellites? From what I understand about this "fix" is that each satellite will have to blind scan both C-band and KU-band, even if one or the other band is not active?

What do mean when I say "Fooling"? The background on the Universal (automatic hi/low band) switching in the motorized mode is that this configuration is the default LNB setting all ALI chipsets. All that was done was that the LO frequencies were changed from 9750 / 10600 to 5150 / 10750 and set to automatic band switching..

I am glad to hear that it works for your specific configuration, but I certainly wouldn't refer to activating the default universal mode automatic 22khz switching as a fix for 22khz switch control.

How do you scan only the C-band or only KU-band through the 22khz switch?

C-Band would be moot. Set the satellite for 5150 and scan. It will only scan C-Band
KU only I do not know of a workaround with the 22k switch and motor. I havent looked at the specs in the menus latelly

Note if you used fixed mode there is a 22k option you can turn on and off at will...so this works fine if you slave it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts