Whats for breakfast?

Southwestern trashcan scrambled eggs

Can feed 3 - 6 depending on age and appetite.

Dozen eggs
Milk 1 - 1/4 cup
Pimento 2tbsp
Diced onio 1 bulb
Brown Rice 1 cup ( before cooking )
Black Beans 1 can
Bacon crumbles 1/2 cup ( best to make fresh )
Shredded Fiesta Cheese 1 bag

With the onions I ran them through a mini blender and they became pulverized like mash potatoes so it actually made the eggs better than trying to add diced and hope they stuck together. With the bacon you can go traditional or old school with the thick bacon or a bit healthier with turkey or tofu.

Combine eggs and milk in blender and let run on high for 20 seconds to introduce air into the mix. Add pimento onion and brown rice into the blender then pulse a few times to mix up, you can add the bacon to mix as well but not the beans. Pour mix into a tall rimmed frying pan treated with grease or butter or pam then add beans, at this point you can add what ever spices you want but I didn't add any because my daughter is recovering from strep that wasn't nice to her tummy.

At this point your basically making scrambled eggs so do as you normally would and scramble them up, once done spoon onto plates quickly and top with fiesta cheese, you can go with a shredded taco blend that includes seasoning for added zest or something like pepper jack or one of the helluva good cheeses that you will have to grade yourself which is actually a better way to get graded cheese because its cheaper that way than buying preshredded cheese.

Just had this this morning and it was great, nothin like gettin in the kitchen and letting off some steam by making something new so that makes this another original recipe.

Working midnights my breakfast tends to be a cold dinner plate warmed up in the micro at work on my first break so any chance I get to have a real breakfast in the morning is a big thing right now.

Picked up 8lbs of Fresh Pasta from Ohio City Pasta.

Tried the rosemary flavored fettuccine in a garlic and olive oil sauce. With fresh pasta, you only boil it for 2 minutes. Turned out very good. Perfectly al' dente. Fresh pasta is such a vast improvement over the boxed stuff.

Picked up 8lbs of Fresh Pasta from Ohio City Pasta.

Tried the rosemary flavored fettuccine in a garlic and olive oil sauce. With fresh pasta, you only boil it for 2 minutes. Turned out very good. Perfectly al' dente. Fresh pasta is such a vast improvement over the boxed stuff.

I love fresh pasta, but you must have an iron stomach eating that for breakfast...

Never had potato pancakes. My mom used to make cornbread pancakes when I was a kid.

Snacks...