What's for dinner ?

You guys are going to die from clogged arteries :)

Why? We have both lost weight, and I use good hamburger. I thought taco's were healthier if I made them at home, especially when we load them up with lots of lettuce. HiFi doesn't like his with tomatoes, but I do, and I like a lot of them. Are they really unhealthy?:confused: On the very rare occasion, I also like to put celery on mine to add an extra crunch, but I have to really be in the mood for that.

Why? We have both lost weight, and I use good hamburger. I thought taco's were healthier if I made them at home, especially when we load them up with lots of lettuce. HiFi doesn't like his with tomatoes, but I do, and I like a lot of them. Are they really unhealthy?:confused: On the very rare occasion, I also like to put celery on mine to add an extra crunch, but I have to really be in the mood for that.

Beef in itself is not healthy no matter what cut of beef you get.

Well I don't want to turn this into a health thread but why not try ground turkey breast? I use that for my manwich and its really good. Obviously you don't get the taste of beef but I try not to eat beef more than a couple times a week.

The wife whipped up a fresh salad....

Consisted of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, fresh dill and toasted pita bread over a homemade vinaigrette dressing. Also had a grilled boneless chicken breast on the side.

Very fresh and refreshing meal that worked perfectly on a hot summer night. Everything in the meal came from either ours or our neighbors garden (we share).

Might have some left over from today's Pastrami Sandwich.. those guys packed the meat like crazy.. can easily make 2 good sandwiches

Baked Lemon, Garlic, Pepper Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts - my kids wanted seconds! Too bad HiFi doesn't like chicken, I'd make this more often. It's something I make when he's out of town.

OMG, everything tastes like chicken. No wonder your menus seem to lean toward tacos....:D

I could make you a list of everything HIFI doesn't like and it would be like three pages, but the stuff he does like would be a half a page. However, he did get some good news from his doctor on Friday. He is no longer diabetic and if he keeps doing as well as he has been, the doc might take him off of his other meds as well. He's lost over 50 lbs and the doctor said that all his numbers have improved drastically. The doctor was impressed. So I'm happy to make him taco's whenever he wants them.:D

What's For Lunch?

Whats for breakfast?