What's for dinner ?

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Did tacos on Saturday. Yesterday I had some taco meat leftover so I scrambled a couple of eggs with it and had it for lunch. Didn't look very appetizing but yummo, as Rachael Rae is fond of saying!
I do that all the time... ;) I didn't have Green Enchilada Sauce so used a can of Mushroom soup and a 7 oz can of Herdez Salsa Verde... needless to say the Enchiladas had heat with the 2 Hatch Green Chiles that were diced and added to the meat... ;)

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
My taco meat was Ground Chuck, one can of diced Hatch Green Chilis and one 7 oz can of Herdez hot Salsa Casera. It had a little heat too. :)

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Almost Homeade Pizza

Ingredients:

• fresh pizza dough
  • olive oil
  • garlic
  • Italian seasonings
  • fresh basil
  • pepperoni
  • sausage
  • Parmesan
  • mozzarella
Instructions:

• Let dough come to room temperature for 1 hour. Sprinkle with flour
  • Put pizza stone in oven and warm to 450°F for at least 30 minutes
  • Spread dough into even circle, pressing out any air bubbles
  • Spread olive oil and freshly minced garlic as a base
  • Top with fresh basil leaves, pepperoni, sausage and then Parmesan, Italian seasoning and mozzarella
  • Make sure to sprinkle a light dusting of cornmeal on the bottom of the working surface and the pizza stone to ensure a smooth transfer from pizza paddle to pizza stone in oven
  • Bake at 450°F for 10-15 minutes.

Turned out excellent! The only thing I'd do next time is make my own dough from scratch instead of buying the dough from the store.

Pictures:

Attachments

• pizza1.jpg
    pizza1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 82
  • pizza2.jpg
    pizza2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 77

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I love homemade pizza. We usually do it once a week. Where did you get your dough? I always get all of my supplies from Alesci's.....love the dough.

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
Baked haddock filet with chedder cheese, dinner rolls, baked potato with sour cream, carrots, peas and coleslaw. It was too much for me to eat but I ate it anyway:) This was at a restaurant in the city where I am working, they serve up some really great home cooked style meals.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Put a 2 pound chuck roast in the Crock Pot a couple of hours ago with 4 oz. Apple Cider mixed with Brown Gravy mix and a little minced garlic and diced onions...
Pulled this at 7 with intentions of draining juice and shredding meat to make Burritos... the Apple Cider gave it a sweet and very good flavor... didn't make Burritos ;) next time might lose the Brown Gravy Mix...

tigerprowler

SatelliteGuys Master
May 23, 2009
Mallory's World
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hifi's Plate and my plate with ranch!!! YYYYYUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!:D

Attachments

• hifistacos.jpg
    hifistacos.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 77
  • mytacos.jpg
    mytacos.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 80

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Flank Steak seared on a Cast Iron Skillet heated to over 500°F.

Served with a few Heirloom Tomato slices, seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper. Topped with ranch dressing.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Sausage and Roasted Peppers in a Red Wine/ San Marzano Sauce

I finally replaced my Lithium Ion Battery on my Camera! I can take food pictures once again, hooray!

Ingredients

• 1 red onion, minced
  • 2 red peppers, roasted and cut 1/2-inch slices
  • 2 yellow peppers, roasted and cut 1/2-inch slices
  • 1 dried ancho chile
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
  • 2 pounds hot Italian sausage
  • 2 cups dry red wine
  • 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
Directions

-Saute onions, peppers and chile in olive oil until onions are brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in garlic and basil. Add oregano. Hold aside.

-Prick sausage all over with a fork. Saute in skillet over medium heat until brown. Add enough wine to cover about 2/3 of the sausage. Add Sauteed vegetables, tomatoes and any liquid. Simmer gently, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Remove sausage and slice into 1-inch pieces. Can be served on pasta or with bread.

Pictures

Attachments

• CIMG2208.JPG
    CIMG2208.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 65
  • CIMG2215.JPG
    CIMG2215.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 81