What's for dinner ?

I have some nice, thick, bone-in pork loin chops brining at home. I got the brine recipe from a new cookbook I received for X-Mas (ad hoc at home by Thomas Keller).

The brine recipe consists of water, Kosher salt, honey, black peppercorn, crushed garlic cloves, fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves. It smelled wonderful. Can't wait to grill these up tonight!

Finally got around to pulling the Christmas Eve smoked goose pictures of my data card.
We got snowed in Christmas day and I made goose cacciatore with the leftovers.

It was cold enough outside that I finished the goose with a half hour in the oven, but it came out great.

Attachments

• smoked goose-1.jpg
    smoked goose-1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 81
  • smoked goose-2.jpg
    smoked goose-2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 96
Finally got around to pulling the Christmas Eve smoked goose pictures of my data card.
We got snowed in Christmas day and I made goose cacciatore with the leftovers.

It was cold enough outside that I finished the goose with a half hour in the oven, but it came out great.
Do not come around my lake!! :D

Last Night: Eye of the Round Roast- seasoned, seared, then in a 225°F oven until the center reached 125°F for medium rare. Made a pan gravy with the drippings and served with a side of celery root puree.

Tonight: Beet Salad

Lobster Rav's in a white wine truffle sauce.....

Purchased a pack of pre-made fresh Lobster Ravioli's from Trader Joe's for $2.99. I had all of the ingredients for the homemade sauce to go with it. Here's the sauce recipe....

1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
2 ounces white truffle butter*
Dash lemon juice
Dash hot pepper sauce
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

*I didn't have truffles or truffle butter in the house, so I just used regular butter.

Directions:

Heat the wine and chicken stock together. Bring to a boil, then reduce until almost dry (about 1/4 cup). Add heavy cream, reduce by 1/2 then add the truffle butter with a whisk until well incorporated. Finish with a dash of lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to use.

Mallard duck, marinated in a honey/ginger/red wine vinegar marinade (with a dash of cayenne), and slow roasted. Accompanied by an inexpensive, but palatable, Zinfandel.

Mallard duck, marinated in a honey/ginger/red wine vinegar marinade (with a dash of cayenne), and slow roasted. Accompanied by an inexpensive, but palatable, Zinfandel.
I haven't had duck in awhile.....mmmm....Does it smoke up the whole house when you slow roast it? I made it last year the Alton Brown way. It was real good, but REAL smokey.

Pan Roasted Salmon with Sherry Vinegar Honey Glaze and Spicy Tomato Relish and Broccoli Slaw

cimg2291.jpg

I've also started a new blog for anyone who's interested. The idea is to document recipes so I can go back and reference them from time to time. Kind of like an interactive cookbook I'm creating. I just started it 3 days ago, but for each meal, I'd like to update it. Check it out if interested....

Cooking With Matthew

I haven't had duck in awhile.....mmmm....Does it smoke up the whole house when you slow roast it? I made it last year the Alton Brown way. It was real good, but REAL smokey.

No smoke issues, but cooling it for hours certainly fills the house with a pleasant aroma.
The question makes me think of firing up the smoker (it has almost been warm enough outside to do it) for some Quacker Q from Smoke & Spice!

Pan Roasted Salmon with Sherry Vinegar Honey Glaze and Spicy Tomato Relish and Broccoli Slaw

I've also started a new blog for anyone who's interested. The idea is to document recipes so I can go back and reference them from time to time. Kind of like an interactive cookbook I'm creating. I just started it 3 days ago, but for each meal, I'd like to update it. Check it out if interested....

Cooking With Matthew

Very nice. Curious, is the plate upside down in the picture? The salmon looks fantastic!