What's going on with ch 2 (KJWP) Delaware?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I have 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 (KJWP) locked on my HomeworX HW-150PVR. Last week Justice was on 2.4 but somewhere over the weekend they messed up the channels. MeTV is now on 2.1 and 2.4 even though the info and graphics still show "Justice" on 2.4. What has accompanied this change is a bad hitch in the picture. Every few seconds the image freezes for both MeTV channels but not the other 2. Anybody else notice this? Rabbitears is still showing Justice on 2.4.

I'm not sure they could answer my question about whether other folks are experiencing the freezing issue with the picture.

There's been a change. Within the last couple of hours the picture on 2.1 is no longer freezing but 2.4 has gone dark, although the guide info is still available using the Info button and still banners as "Justice". Looks like some issues at the source. If it stays fixed that means my gear isn't the cause of the problems, thank goodness.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Yep, Justice showed up on 2.4 again about 3 this afternoon so it seems everything is back to normal. For a while I was concerned the HomeworX HW-150PVR might be acting up but it seems all's well.

This is getting to be fun. It appears all 4 channels now have their image problems corrected but not the guide info. Grit's info that should be on 2.2 is now showing up on 2.4 (Justice). 2.1 (MeTV) and 2.3 (Escape) have no info at all. But, we're making headway. :)

Spoke too soon, there are still momentary hitches in the video on 2.1 and today 2.1 and 2.2 have no guide data but 2.3 has the data for 2.1 and 2.4 has the data for 2.2. Looks like the high school interns are engineering this one. ;)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yeah, I know, and I hate to hammer on folks but how difficult would it be for someone at the station to simply take a TV and scan in their own channels to see if everything is as it should be. I had this same issue with a local PBS station when they went digital a few years back. I called them a couple of times to tell them the guide info was swapped and each time they insisted everything looked OK on their end. Finally I got the station manager and suggested they stop looking at their end and go outside and look at someone else's TV. The next day it was finally corrected. It's kinda like tuning up someone's car and then not bothering to take it on a road test to see if it runs OK simply because the computer said everything was correct. Seems like a no-brainer but apparently not.

Reactions: Mr Tony and FTA4PA
Wow, it's actually getting worse rather than better. Take a look at Emergency! that was just on 2.1. I finally just went to something else. It's becoming unwatchable.

MeTV-1.jpg

Prior to retirement I worked as an engineer at a local station and we found we had to get a consumer TV from Best Buy to actually see how our signal was performing. The receiver for our off the air monitor showed everything to be right even when the PSIP information or aspect ratio were not right. As Jeepguy said, using a consumer TV to monitor your signal you actually see what the viewers are seeing.

We have several stations here in the San Francisco/Sacramento area that are still transmitting the wrong aspect ratio. I hate it when they stretch a 4:3 picture to 16:9... and some are still doing that.

I recently worked with the owner/CE of a new local low power station that's offering 9 sub-channels on channel 3. The aspect ratios were wrong on a number of the channels. Some were stretched, some that should be 16:9 were 4:3 so everyone was real skinny, some were OK. He said they all looked good on his monitor, but he let me tell him what the aspect ratio should be and he adjusted each channel accordingly. They all have the correct aspect ratio now! They still look good to him, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)