A new year. Anything changed OTA in your market?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Lets have some fun since its a new year :)
What (if any) changes station wise have happened in your market in the last week? Please post them with the market.

Lets not clutter it with discussion or things that happened 6 months ago. Lets keep it current with changes

In the last month or so:

Dayton:
METV added to Dayton 7.2
GetTV added to Dayton 22.2
Grit TV added to Dayton 22.3 (Yesterday)
Bounce added to Dayton 26.2 (Not sure when it was actually added, I have spotty reception on this channel)

Cincinnati:
Get TV added to Cincinnati 64.2
Daystar went HD (720p) on LP channel 36.1
Heartland added to Cincinnati 25.5 (replacing A1)
SonLife added to Cincinnati 25.6 (Replacing Tuff TV)

Still TBD:
Grit TV shows as "coming soon" to Cincinnati 19.3, but speaking to a news photog, he had not heard a word about adding another sub-channel from the engineering team.
LiveWell will be leaving 9.3 in two weeks but no replacement has been announced.

Lets have some fun since its a new year :)
What (if any) changes station wise have happened in your market in the last week? Please post them with the market.

Lets not clutter it with discussion or things that happened 6 months ago. Lets keep it current with changes

Dish just put up a notice (today 1-1-15) that KWSD-TV (Sioux Falls, SD ) elected not to renew it's carriage on Dish. Golden West (SD telephone/cable coop) has a splash that KWSD has technical problems. Upper Midwest Broadcasting has a notice that KWSD has transmitter problems. Dunno what is going on. They have apparently been off the air for a month or so and notified the FCC about it.

Just trying to get used to the changes on METV, going to miss Adam 12 and Dragnet.
Did they move to COZI?

Seattle Market: KBCB/24.1, the station that FOX thought of acquiring as an O&O, is now showing Evangelist J. Swaggart's SBN. It now occupies one channel in widescreen HD and another in SD, just as former "tenant" ShopHQ did.

I just noticed that WTWC NBC 40 is now carrying WTLH Fox 49 on 40.2 now. This is in the Tallahassee market. Funny thing is I thought those 2 stations were owned by different broadcasting companies.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just noticed that WTWC NBC 40 is now carrying WTLH Fox 49 on 40.2 now. This is in the Tallahassee market. Funny thing is I thought those 2 stations were owned by different broadcasting companies.
technically they are. Sinclair wanted to buy 49 but the FCC cracked down on that (Sinclair owns 40 & runs 24 already). So what they did (Sinclair and Gray has done this in other markets) is they buy EVERYTHING but the license and then moves the programming to a subchannel they already own. So the existing owner of 49 will find someone else to buy it.

The good part about this is the tv40 signal is stronger here than 49 so I was glad to find this for Fox NFL football! The main NBC and the Fox subchannel are both in HD too! :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Mr Tony
one of the biggest changes happened in Indy today

WISH 8 lost the CBS affiliate (after 57 years) to Tribunes WTTV 4/WTTK 29 (one station covers north of Indy, one covers south). But in a strange twist, Tribune sold the CW rights to WISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)