What's happening with the Sat Launch?

We'll wait and hear what E plans to do to correct, and they better come up with something. Lord knows what. I think many people have been patient waiting for today. But people may just give up now.

This is kinda where I am, but I am under contract for a few more months. I guess i'll stick around. I sure was looking forward to Eureka on Sci-Fi in HD this summer.

Did I mention that this sucks?

:mad:

Wow this clinches it.. if HD is your thing you will likely be a D* customer by year end. Once my contract is up I'm gone too.

We'll wait and hear what E plans to do to correct, and they better come up with something. Lord knows what. I think many people have been patient waiting for today. But people may just give up now.

Maybe they'll flip on as many HD channels right away as they can to counter the bad news and give their high $$-paying HD customers something... (wishful thinking...)

Maybe they'll take VOOM off-air too and free up another dozen HD slots.... (even more wishful thinking....)

Maybe they'll flip on as many HD channels right away as they can to counter the bad news and give their high $$-paying HD customers something... (wishful thinking...)

Maybe they'll take VOOM off-air too and free up another dozen HD slots.... (even more wishful thinking....)

I know they won't, but this is their only hope to stay in the national HD race with D* (not talking LEADING the race, but just remaining competitive).

Its one thing to be where they are now and down just a few channels and quite another to be where they will likely be year-end if the sat is lost and be down 20-30 HD channels to D*.

I think if they did, cablevision would sue them as well as rainbow media. How ironic would it be that voom would have to die off twice in order to be sucessfull in the market.

This is extremely unfortunate. They can add a few more HD channels but it's not like they can lease space elsewhere.. They don't have anything they can move into position either.

I think if they did, cablevision would sue them as well as rainbow media. How ironic would it be that voom would have to die off twice in order to be sucessfull in the market.

I wonder which would cost E* more - getting sued by Cablevision, or losing customers to cable and D*? Maybe a lawsuit is the most cost-effective option?

They may be able to sue due to QOS violations. They could potentially argue the voom has not lived up to its obligation under contract to provide quality service.

Repeating the same 2-3 movies each day every day is not quality service. Neither is showing a CFL football game or tennis match from a year ago.

They may be able to sue due to QOS violations. They could potentially argue the voom has not lived up to its obligation under contract to provide quality service.

Repeating the same 2-3 movies each day every day is not quality service. Neither is showing a CFL football game or tennis match from a year ago.

Recycling the same 15 episodes filmed 5 years ago isn't a quality service? lol

You're onto something. Maybe one idea is a force upgrade. HD users must upgrade their receviver to MPEG4 by a date or they will be turned off. That will get you some space from the remaining mpeg2 channels.

He may also want to use this as an opprunity to lock people into brand new 2yr commitments. Hell, he needs it!

I'd put up another dish or something for FSS if need be. The method to get to my house isn't really all that important. I just view it as a problem that this is really going to screw E*'s plans for the rest of the year, even with the other 2 sats.

It also probably means ILS is going to be shutdown for evaluation for a few months at the very least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)