What's happening with the Sat Launch?

It appears to me that the contributers to the current topic of interest, seem to think that unless "charlie" adds 25-100 more HD channels to the mix, that doom is upon us. I've been involved with satellite tv since 1981. My experience with HD today, reminds me of the early days on "c" band. We were all eager to see the channel line up expand. The largest market today is not in HD. Sure, HD is the newest kid on the block. It brings back the excitement of satellite tv like the very expensive, crudely designed "c" band systems did. Believe me, the race for who offers the best, most reasonable cost per channel is going to be the pick of the masses. Go "D"

It appears to me that the contributers to the current topic of interest, seem to think that unless "charlie" adds 25-100 more HD channels to the mix, that doom is upon us. I've been involved with satellite tv since 1981. My experience with HD today, reminds me of the early days on "c" band. We were all eager to see the channel line up expand. The largest market today is not in HD. Sure, HD is the newest kid on the block. It brings back the excitement of satellite tv like the very expensive, crudely designed "c" band systems did. Believe me, the race for who offers the best, most reasonable cost per channel is going to be the pick of the masses. Go "D"

Not me. I could care less who has the most HD. I am for quality. I am sticking with Dish.

REF: previous comment...."D" did not mean Direct. I gave up trying to support Direct in 1998. To me the only correct symbol for Echostar in the eyes of the consumer is "D" stands for Dish Network...Most customers, today, don't associate ECHO with DN. Hope that clarifies my comment..

REF: previous comment...."D" did not mean Direct. I gave up trying to support Direct in 1998. To me the only correct symbol for Echostar in the eyes of the consumer is "D" stands for Dish Network...Most customers, today, don't associate ECHO with DN. Hope that clarifies my comment..

Understand, thanks

I understood what you meant, but I appreciate your clarification. Usually E* means Echostar (Dish Network) and D* means DirecTV. :)

I think they were a littlemore focused on Bear Stearns' issues.....

Now THERE is a meltdown in value to gasp at.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts