Whats in your garden?

ke4est,I tried growing some broccoli last year and it produced pretty well but the dang bugs were a nightmare.Any tips to keep them from getting eaten alive?Really don't want to put any pesticide on my veggies.

For some reason last few years, I have not had a real bad bug problem, and I am not really sure why. But not complaining:D
I don't like putting Seven-Dust on that kind of stuff either.

Cabbage and maters are starting to come in, and as usual I plant way to many peppers. Looks like I will have lots again this year.

Had some spring lettuce and onions but,that's about all.That elevation makes a world of difference.

Yeah guess so, but a few years back bugs were bad....so who knows.

My spring lettuce and onions where gone a few weeks ago.

I'm gonna have to put something on the cabbage,those dang moths that lay the eggs are eating them alive.

Any ideas on what to put on tomatoes, peppers & figs to discourage squirrels?

I have my methods of dealing with squirrels ;), but have always heard mothballs and/or dip rags in vinegar and hang near the plants, re-dip once a week.

All growing,except southern sort. Photo my kitchen-garden.\summer cottage\ Season April-October.
7.jpeg18.jpeg17.jpeg19.jpeg20.jpeg22.jpeg16.jpeg1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg

Last edited:
Friends-fans to a kitchen garden also that on it we will grow up. With a holiday of spring of all. Snow will soon thaw and it is time to work on a kitchen garden.
About vegetables clearly - for each climate the vegetables. Together with berries that at us grow. You know that itself the big berry-it a water-melon.
And what berries grow on your kitchen garden.? And you love what berry more....?
At me on a kitchen garden grows. A strawberry. Wild strawberry. A raspberry early and a raspberry late. A water-melon. The Currant-red and black. A gooseberry. A blackberry. A guelder-rose. A cherry. Plum. Grapes. A mountain ash.
Each berry is tasty on the. And from various illnesses it is good.
But itself that valuable berry-it that grows in wood. It is the Bilberry. A blueberry. A cowberry. A cranberry.
Raspberry wood. Sea-buckthorn berries.
Ягода.jpegЕжевика.jpgКлубника.jpgЧерешнÑ.jpgкр.Ñмор.jpgч.Ñмор.jpgкрыж.jpgОблеп.jpgÑлива.jpgчерн.jpgДача-Д-Ðœ.jpgКлюква.jpgбруÑника.jpgбруÑ.jpg

Getting ready to start mine already have onions and lettuce planted, o and Brussels sprouts.

Friends-fans to a kitchen garden also that on it we will grow up. With a holiday of spring of all. Snow will soon thaw and it is time to work on a kitchen garden.
About vegetables clearly - for each climate the vegetables. Together with berries that at us grow. You know that itself the big berry-it a water-melon.
And what berries grow on your kitchen garden.? And you love what berry more....?
At me on a kitchen garden grows. A strawberry. Wild strawberry. A raspberry early and a raspberry late. A water-melon. The Currant-red and black. A gooseberry. A blackberry. A guelder-rose. A cherry. Plum. Grapes. A mountain ash.
Each berry is tasty on the. And from various illnesses it is good.
But itself that valuable berry-it that grows in wood. It is the Bilberry. A blueberry. A cowberry. A cranberry.
Raspberry wood. Sea-buckthorn berries.
View attachment 85823View attachment 85824View attachment 85825View attachment 85826View attachment 85827View attachment 85828View attachment 85829View attachment 85830View attachment 85831View attachment 85832View attachment 85833View attachment 85834View attachment 85835View attachment 85836

I am SO jealous. And, BTW, my green gooseberries were so small they weren't worth growing anymore.

Getting ready to start mine already have onions and lettuce planted, o and Brussels sprouts.

Brussels sprouts? Are those still legal? ;)

My friend with the terminal cancer, the only vegetable he likes, oddly enough, is Brussels sprouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts