What's on AMC 2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
I've been feed hunting this afternoon. Checked out Lyngsat and kind of "checked off" the Ku sats seeing what goodies I might find. So, I manually punched in AMC 2 in my Coolsat since it was already loaded, but after doing a blind scan I found nothing, which could be normal looking at Lyngsat. My dish is slightly offline compared to what USALS thinks it is, so normally I must fine tune using Diseqc 1.2. But, how can I line up AMC 2 without a feed? Anybody know of anything that is regular on there? On one of my backhaul lists, I saw that there was a high school football game on there last night. I found a beacon freq for it, 12198V...can that be of any use to me? Thanks in advance.

AMC2 is basically feeds and thats it

Here in MN its harder to pick up sicne the satellite doesn't cover the whole US (this was the turd that Dish used at 105 for a while)

I would try and blind scan tonight. Or do this. Log a frequency from AMC3 in the box for AMC2 (preferably something strong like Tip TV or that MTA guy) and get a signal. Hit east twice and the bars should go red. There's AMC2 :)
(at least thats what I did to get AMC2 to come in...I fine tuned from there with a feed)

There is a analog feed on Tr 6 on AMC 2 that has color bars mostly 24/7.

Thanks for the tip though. I will try scanning tonight. I would be able to get that analog test screen but I don't have a remote yet for my analog box to swtich it to Ku. Anyways, thanks for the help guys...you also seem to have the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts