What's on Your FTA Christmas List?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I got my Christmas present early.

I have been waiting a long time, but finally got it. It ain't the most expensive HDTV they were selling, but I love it.

Westinghouse 32" Wide Screen LCD TV. Model LCD SK-32H510S

This is my first HDTV, and I didn't have a clue how to adjust it, but got some suggestions from the HDTV forum here, and have now got it pretty much dialed in. I was having a problem getting the SD FTA signals dialed in.

I thought the OTA HD was awesome until I hooked up the computer and SkyStar2 card that has been languishing for lack of a big screen to put it on, and all I can say is WOW!!!

So what is on your FTA Christmas wish list?

Fred

fred i was wondering are you pushing the 4dtv or just regular analog to it. both those pictures are both very clean....

your skystar allows you to push it to a external monitor ( tv)

I'm trying to talk Santa into bringing me one of those EMP - Centauri 17x8 Powered Switches. Santa says I haven't been Good enough! Wish me luck?

Al

i was wondering are you pushing the 4dtv or just regular analog to it. both those pictures are both very clean....
The regular analog actually looks better than the digicipher digital does, but after a lot of time researching what I am doing, and making adjustments, it is coming along nicely. The good part about it is, and it took me a while to figure out. Each input can be adjusted separately for the source that it comes from. That has helped me a lot.

Good Luck Al!

I can't think of anything this year for my FTA list. I bought the 6ft dish early and lucked out on the free 4DTV 920. I am good for awhile.

I pretty much have my Christmas presents: two 3ABN dishes, a SG-2100 motor and a Visionsat IV-200. I am satisfied for now. :up

Although, I may pick up some switches and cables at the SatelliteAV Black Friday sale. :D

I don’t want to be greedy but here goes.

1. A nice Pansat receiver to replace the crummy Viewsat VS PRO that’s been giving me fits from day 1.

2. A satellite meter that has signal and quality measuring capability for tweaks up on the roof.

3. A BUD of any size to compliment my 90 cm motorized Ku antenna.

a house with a big backyard and no trees (for a great LOS) :D

Hey, Iceberg, I would not mind having you as a neighbor. There are a couple more 20 acre lots over here, no trees for 1500 feet and the closest ones are two to three hundred feet lower than the building sites - of course, power lines are $18,000 west of my property ($900 a foot) and down where there are still lots for sale, there is no power line "right of way", yet. Each owner can grant right of way to next owner, and if they get power, they have a great incentive to grant it. There is right of way next to my property and the next 665 feet but after that ----.

Oh, and for the neighbors to quit coming up to me when I'm working on my dishes and asking me if I can "do that thing to their cards to get free channels" or "can ya talk to aliens with that thing?"

That would be the best Christmas gift.

whadda ya get . . .

What do you get when you cross a Discover card with SatelliteAV? - :confused:

Why, a big early Xmas present, while still in November, that's what! - :D

. . . switches, cables, brackets, Ku LNBs, C & Ku LNB, PVR receiver . . . :cool:

And that still leaves December for more shopping! - :eureka

2) T90 and all the stuff needed to see everything :)
4 EMp switches 8x1
Too Many 4x4
A lot of 22K's
Miles of cable
Bucket load of zip ties

New C band dish for the roof when the other half goes on shopping trip ;) and isn't looking I will get it installed before she gets home!!!

New bed set for the extra bedroom that I will be sleeping in after I put C Band on roof.

I got the HDTV last year so I will wait a year or two before I tell the wife I need upgrade :D.

That should be about it Santa
If you need help unloading, the 2 wheeler is in the garage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)