What's the best universal remote control?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
VewDew said:
I guess I need to connect my harmony again. I have the 688 and it does work on the HD tivo but not very well. There is an extreme delay between me pressing a button and something happening if it does happen. The 688 worked fantastically on my now defunct Voom setup.

Try changing the batteries first. If there is still a problem call support they can help change delays. My 688 worked fine on Voom and the HD-DVR. I just prefer the 880 due to its better display screen

OK, thanks for your recommendations. I've decided to try out a TSU-3000 - it suits my HT better .
I went ahead and just ordered it from RemoteInstaller. I will receive the remote control customized to control my equipment and all this for free. I liked the idea!

Thanks again!

Bad Idea

Being a pronto vet I found them buggy, frequently locking up, inflexible and incapable of being used on larger setups.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We sell more Harmony than any other remote. Personally I think the MX850 from Universal Remote is the best price/performance remote available. Forum members get a 25% discount.

-Robert

Do forum members get a 25% discount on the Harmony 880 as well as the MX850?

AMX Netlinx sytem

Have an AMX Netlinx system with a Viewpoint wireless touch panel. Also have webpages that mimic the touchpanel for control from remote locations. Control my complete A/V system, thermostat, alarm, and lighting. Also look for equipment that is RS232 controllable, much better discrete controls. What fun it is when you know a maintenance person is in your apartment to log in and turn on the TV and lights and change the channels. I can watch the security camera from remote to watch the puzzled looks on their faces!!! My system also E-mails me when someone enters my apartment as well as if there is any alarms. Will also mail me with my current IP address on my home network if it changes. (seeing that cable modem is DHCP and changes a lot).

The absolute BEST universal remote I have found is my IPAQ 2215 with Nevo. Nevo is a program which contains remote codes for just about anything that uses a remote--from Tivo boxes to sharper image fans. It is easy as can be to set up, buttons are fully customisable and additional functions are downloadable from the website. Best remote ever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)