What's the best way to add 4:2:2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
I'd like to add a card or external receiver to my PC (Dell, Pentium III, Windows XP, 600 Mhz, 384 MB RAM, 51 GB of Hard Drive free space, 32 MB graphics card and USB 2.0) to watch digital 4:2:2 feeds, but I certainly don't want to spend $700 on the Quali-TV QS1080IR Receiver. Have heard good things about the DVB World USB FTA Receiver and also the Twinhan 102G DVB PCI Card (actually, looks like the minimum system requirement for the Twinhan is a PC with 600 Mhz, which I just barely have). Also, is there any special/required third party software that's needed to run along with the above choices or any other brand or is everything already included inside the box in which the product is shipped? The last thing I want to do is install one of these receivers/cards and have to put other applications on my desktop to get it to work. And the only other thing I'd have to do to complete the installation is run some RG6 from the Loop Out on my Fortec Mercury II Receiver into one of these products? Thanks for your help!

I use the DVB World USB receiver for 4:2:2 (and HD) (see review area)

Does not get much easier than plugging into a free USB port!

Plug and Play in the true sense of the word!

satcustomer said:
Everthing's ready to go from the box with no third-party software required?

EXACTLY

PLUG AND PLAY! :)

Comes with a little mini dish for all the software you need! I have NEVER added any kind of other software to my PC.

Too busy watching HD and 4:2:2

Excellent. Sounds like this might be the best way to go. Found a place online that sells it for $109.95 (comes with a remote) plus $12 for shipping. Know of any websites that sell any cheaper?

satcustomer said:
Excellent. Sounds like this might be the best way to go. Found a place online that sells it for $109.95 (comes with a remote) plus $12 for shipping. Know of any websites that sell any cheaper?

YES! I know of one that has it for $105 SHIPPED with remote!

But you will have to guess what web site :D as I will NOT mention it here at SatelliteGuys.US

Last edited:
PSB said:
EXACTLY

PLUG AND PLAY! :)

Comes with a little mini dish for all the software you need! I have NEVER added any kind of other software to my PC.

Too busy watching HD and 4:2:2

Let me get this straight. I buy this DVB World USB receiver for just over $100 and hook it up to my PC and I'm assuming my existing C and KU setup and I can watch any free to air HD feeds that happen to be up there. Am I missing something?

Yes, I simply slave it from my Traxis DBS 3500 receiver with a short run of RG6 coax!

Yes the dish has to be hooked up to the box (or if you slave it from another box, then hook the loop out of the other box to this one) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)