What's the deal with the Monsters HD channel.

WestSideHK

Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone know what the deal is with the Monster HD Channel.

There is a message on the VOOM HD network site saying that the schedule is incorrect. But it seems like the Monsters HD schedule is indeed only playing two or three movies a day, and then repeating those same shows the rest of the day.

This has beem happening since mid November, I believe. Monsters had been showing a full days worth of different movies, which would usually repeat the next day, and then they would show another different batch of movies...etc.

I really hope this is a glitch, I didn't pay extra money for Voom to have them decide all of a sudden to play two movies all day long. I know a few of thier channels do that, but up untill now at least the Monsters, and Kung-fu channels showed several different movies per day.

Anyone know anything about this. I contacted VOOM HD, and (big surprise) they have not responded.

how depressing.

Jesus, how depressing. Has Voom become that much of a joke. Great time to dump on your viewers...right when Dish network is getting as much comp from DirectTV as ever.

Well, I sent another E-mail to the VOOMHD losers, which I am sure they will not respond to. I have to admit the strategy of this company escapes me. Monsters HD was the one VOOM channel that had alot of variety and few repeats...now it repeats two movies throughout the day, and they aren't even quality movies. I guess this saves money, but not if loyal customers such as myself cancel.

I hope Dish just pulls the Voom channels,and use the bandwidth to add some real HD !

So far there isn't that much real HD to add, so we should keep Voom even with the limited selection. We even have at least two "HD" channels that are stretching 4:3 SD on a routine basis. It's a good thing I watch more programs on the Voom channels than I do on those two.

I hope Dish just pulls the Voom channels,and use the bandwidth to add some real HD !

Voom is the real HD channels !

The rest just show upconverted SD programming.

There is plenty of new programming on Voom Channels, and if the strike continues, there is probably going to more new real HD programming on Voom than on those "Channels that have HD in their title".

It's clear that at this point the VoomHD channels are nothing more than a numbers card for E*. They basically have them so they can count them in their HD channel count and also have something that D* does not. Because of these two reasons, I don't think E* will drop them.

Disappointing.

It's clear that at this point the VoomHD channels are nothing more than a numbers card for E*. They basically have them so they can count them in their HD channel count and also have something that D* does not. Because of these two reasons, I don't think E* will drop them.

Disappointing.

As much as I hardly watch Voom I disagree with that completely. Dude if anything is a numbers grab its TBS-HD which is the biggest joke of an HD Channel out there. After MLB playoffs ended I haven't seen one ounce of HD on that channel...

Last edited:
Okay, let's watch Discovery Science HD!

Oh... they repeat the same 3 hour of programming all day long? That channel has to go too!

Discovery channel has the same programming on over and over and over all day! That one needs to go.

History Channel repeats their line-up in 4 hour cycles. That one has to go.

Science Fiction Channel shows the same programs all night long over and over. That one has to go! What a joke.

Hey! How many times can we see the same Law & Order reruns! TNT has to go!

Get the connection?

Voom channels show 4 hours of programming a day each. This is what MOST other channels show. If it's not programming you like, WATCH SOMETHING ELSE. Some of us like the programs shown. LIVE WITH IT!

See ya
Tony

Okay, let's watch Discovery Science HD!

Oh... they repeat the same 3 hour of programming all day long? That channel has to go too!

Discovery channel has the same programming on over and over and over all day! That one needs to go.

History Channel repeats their line-up in 4 hour cycles. That one has to go.

Science Fiction Channel shows the same programs all night long over and over. That one has to go! What a joke.

Hey! How many times can we see the same Law & Order reruns! TNT has to go!

Get the connection?

Voom channels show 4 hours of programming a day each. This is what MOST other channels show. If it's not programming you like, WATCH SOMETHING ELSE. Some of us like the programs shown. LIVE WITH IT!

See ya
Tony

My thoughts EXACTLY:up

Hmm I have not noticed any issues with Voom. Overall I really like Voom they have some good stuff on there most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts