What's the deal with the Monsters HD channel.

I truely love the CHILLER channel as far as content goes. They show the Night Stalker, Friday the 13th the series, Night Gallery, Tales of the Crypt etc. THe video quality is poor though in sd. I just wish they would do the hd version of this channels. So if you want hd quality -Monsters hd, if you want content in sd quality -CHiller . WHy can't we have both content and hd picture quality?

I recently dropped from America's Everything Pack to Top 250,an then once again to the top 200. Also dropped the HD Ultimate to HD essential. I figured once VOOM programming returns to something with more variety (particularly Monsters), then I might reconsider paying for it again. Until Dish and VOOM show more compelling or additional HD programming or channels, they will just get less of my money.

I also am very disappointed in Monsters. The only reason I got E* was for this channel. As many stated on here already it really went down hill starting in November of last year. I emailed them a few times and never got a reply. Their webpage has zero negative comments about their programming so I guess they are monitoring that very closely. Most of the movies they play now are from the 50s/60s and have been played for 10 months already. Some of my favorite movies that I have watched on Monsters (Halloween, F13, The Exorcist, Jaws, The Fog, and many more classics). I have very little interest in Chiller- I like movies so I am hoping they fix this crap asap.

Don't worry about it ,Some people don't like to admit their provider has faults. And anytime he want to compair Any Voom channels to any other 1 Premium,I'll be more then happy to list 24 hours of movies on each channel.
E* has no control over what content is shown on voom

D* has no control over Strech O Vision Either. Or lack of Content on their HD channels that you all aren't missing. But you all blaim D* for it all the time. And if E* has no control over VOOM, why are they considering dumping it into a seperate package. I can't wait to see .

Last edited:
MonstersHD was an EXCELLENT channel and went to hell in a handbasket. It is a commercial free channel and is part of an HD package. People specifically subscribed to Dish HD for that and other Voom channels. They really went downhill.

It is like comparing apples to oranges, comparing Monsters HD to Nick or TLC, or any other basic cable commercial laden channel. No comparison.

Yep, totally agree with your statement. I don't really care about the other Voom channels but Monsters was a really cool channel at one point. I have not Dvr'd a movie on Monsters for a few months. I was hoping that it would fix itself but it is actually getting worse. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done except for sending more emails.

I found an interesting post over at the Fagoria boards. I've also noticed previews for movies such as The Thing and Beyond Re-Animator. Could April get the channel back on track? I'm hoping...

"In any case, I think April will be a big month for Monsters HD for a few reasons. One of them being that someone indicated on their chat board that several titles are coming in April. Also, has anyone noticed that there schedule allows for more time between the movies (meaning that movie that runs 1:30 is in a 1:45 timeslot)? It's been happening all weekend, and they've been running new promos like crazy. Films like Poltergeist, Carrie, Blair Witch 2, The Hidden 2, Audrey Rose and tons more are being promoted. Most exciting in all of this is that a few have been promoted as having "premiere" dates (I haven't seen actual dates in their promos since I've had the channel back in November). Beyond Re-Animator is being promoted for a midnight premiere on April 1st (which basically looks like the new schedule set to come out is going to change, and hopefully for the better) and Evil Dead II on April 26. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled between each and every movie that I can catch to see if more promos are dated.

***** a few minutes later.....

Just saw a few promos in the last few minutes with actual premiere dates in April, including Leviathan and Witchfinder General! Will these be part of a broader schedule, or will they be repeated over and over? The wait is going to kill me!"

Definately looking better for Monsters in April. Several new movies (Omen series) and more variety in the daily schedule. I could only see until like April 6th but the schedule looks much better than the last 5-6 months.

March was a good month for filmfest and WorldCinema. Every night they had new movies on the schedule. On Monsters HD, besides the OMEN triology, they also have The Plane of the Apes festival (all classic movies).

Not true at all. In E*'s agreement with Cablevision it clearly stated how much C* must spend per year to keep the contract alive.

E* did an audit early this year and determined C* was not holding its end of bargain, went to court to complain and expressed its desire to cancel the VOOM contract, C* lately countered with its own lawsuit against E*.

If E* can win the argument with their audit, they can legally cancel the VOOM contract because not enough money was invested in the programming. Trial for both complaints are set sometime in early April.

Do some research before speaking. For example do you even know DISH is a part owner of VOOM?

Last edited:
That is pretty interesting. It seems they were putting in very little $ into programming the last 5 months. Thankfully, things seem to have gotten better. As long as Voom can add programming and have a decent schedule I'll be happy. As long a Voom does this I think it would be a big mistake for E* to remove them.

It does look better, but it also looks like they are stuck in a loop. Seems like they could mix it up a little better.

That is not good enough for me to cancel my D* install. I don't want to see the title GingerSnaps again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts