What's the deal with the Monsters HD channel.

I don't mind if they want to repeat so much, but I don't think it is worth having 15 channels when they could consolidate it into say 5 channels and cut down on the repeats. I think it would be easier for Voom to get distribution deals with fewer channels too.

Voom needs to get it together.

It's bad enough that Monsters is now repeating two or three movies every day...all day. But the quality of the movies suck. We used to get the Hellraiser films, Halloween films, Texas Chainsaw Films and other really good flicks...now it's all cheesy B and C list 50's, 60's and 70's crap. My guess is that they are running these films becuase it would actually cost them some money to run the good films they used to. I realize alot of people could care less about the VOOMHD channels, but I always really liked Monsters. The fact that since Mid November, the lineup has become such a joke is really upsetting. If VOOM is going to keep on like this, then I would agree that it is better for Dish to cancel it and free up the bandwidth for other HD channels.

The only good news is that supposedly Dish will be adding SCIFI HD pretty soon.

I don't mind if they want to repeat so much, but I don't think it is worth having 15 channels when they could consolidate it into say 5 channels and cut down on the repeats. I think it would be easier for Voom to get distribution deals with fewer channels too.

:up Absolutely agree. I do like Voom. I do watch several of these on a regulat basis. If they are going to run 2 or 3 movies, just tie these movie channels together and put them on one channel.

Yup!

Let's take all the Discovery channels and merge them back together again! You know that all 7 of them do not have 24 hour of new programming combined on any given day.

Same goes for the A&E networks. How much new programming is there on all four channels on any given day? Less than 8 hour combined. The rest are repeats and old shows anyway. Combine them into one channel!

Hey, do you realize that on any given week there is less than 10 hours of new programming on any of the Cinemax channels. And most of that was on HBO already. Lets fold Cinemax back to HBO and consolidate all those HBO channels since all they do is repeat the same movies all month long, sometimes more than that! Only one HBO channel is needed.

Le's do the same thing with TMC/Sundance/Flix and Showtime!

Let's do the same thing with Starz and Encore!

Why not? Same thing!

BTW today, Holloween 3 was on Monsters HD. This was one of the movies WestsideHK considered "good"

See ya
Tony

The fact of the matter is - a lot of us changed over to E* in order to receive Monsters. When Monsters makes an abrupt change from the way they do business - from a full lineup of movies, some good, some not so good with a repeat of that lineup once or less in 24 hours, to the state it is in now - 2 or 3 (usually) quite crappy movies repeated over and over in a 24 hour period - they can expect fans to complain. The fact that they refuse to answer email inquiries, and have disabled instant posting on their web site - posts referencing this issue never appear - there is a problem. People pay for this product and the quality has gone down the tubes.

SciFI HD is a great addition, but, I am one viewer who stopped watching SciFi bc of all of the commercials. There is actually now an almost 50/50 ratio of commercials to actual programming. Perhaps I am getting old, but with that many interruptions, interruptions that are anything but momentary, I lose interest in the thread of the movie or show I am trying to watch. Esp. when it is the same damned commercial repeated every time they interrupt!

SciFI HD is a great addition, but, I am one viewer who stopped watching SciFi bc of all of the commercials. There is actually now an almost 50/50 ratio of commercials to actual programming. Perhaps I am getting old, but with that many interruptions, interruptions that are anything but momentary, I lose interest in the thread of the movie or show I am trying to watch. Esp. when it is the same damned commercial repeated every time they interrupt!

I as well HATE commercials. And if it wasn't for a DVR, I wouldn't watch ANY channel with commercials. But with the DVR, I watch a lot of SciFi. I just hate the way SciFi and most other networks run credits. I am one that likes to read the credits and enjoy the closing music or score. In theaters, I am usually the last one sitting there during credits while theater staff picks up garbage around me. But for example, at the end of Tin Man, there was an ABRUPT switch of mood from the ending of the series to an ad about Ghost Hunters while they ran the credits in an impossible to read small window and of course no closing music.:mad::mad::mad:

the programming is ridiculous. 2 movies a day, including ones from the 50's and 60's no one cares about is just completely unacceptable. I kept hoping that this was just a VERY short problem that would change back to the way it was but it seems that that is not the case seeing that its now going on 4 months since Monsters HD has been in this 2 movie repats a day mode.

I'ts now ALl the voom movie channels that this is happening to and not just Monsters which to be honest is the only real reason I want VOOM at all. After reading of the lawsuit that Voom is handing Dish I can see the problem is much worse and a lot deeper than I had hoped.

Anyone know of any other horror only channels on other systems?? I'm thinking of dropping DISH if they don't get their act together and FAST. Not just because of the VOOM debacle, but no SCI FI hd as well. I really love Monsters HD and what it once was.

If it's unacceptable, CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION!

DirecTV has the Chiller Channel in SD.

See ya
Tony

Thanks for the insightful post Tony. You must be one of the few people who thinks that 2 movies repeating over and over is a good thing?

I wouldn't be upset over repeat programming when it comes to movies. I was completely ok with the way Monsters was running before the end of the year. they rotated at LEAST 3 or 4 movies at a time on any given day. But 2 is sad, really, REALLY sad. Sorry to upset you.

Thanks for that Direct TV info though. I may just look into that.

These people complaining about Voom channels must not watch Disney, Nick, TLC to name a few.
Here's a helpful tip to improve your quality of life issue with TV viewing: change channels, diversify your tastes or expand your Netflix subscription to get more DVDs in order for you to fill your need for 5+ hours, daily dose of television.

Come on you cant compare any of those channels to what voom movie channels have become. True they all repeat, some worse than others, but voom has become terrible.. MUCH worse than those channels. I wont complain much cuz I didnt watched voom then, wont watch it now.

One of the main reasons I left Dish as my secondary service was the fact that Monsters HD (and the rest of Voom for that matter) went WAAAAAAY downhill in mid-November. This Tony guy is just trying to start trouble and is playing Devil's advocate when he compares non-existent repeats on Discovery and the other channels. It is NOT nearly as bad as he is talking about and he isn't understanding what the OP is saying. Monsters went from having a minimum of 5-10 horror movies I would DVR and or watch a week and that I really desired to see (again or for the first time) to repeating mostly crappy movies over and over again two or three in a row loops. There was a MAJOR shift in programming and anybody who watches the channel knows exactly what the OP is talking about. Again, Tony is stirring the pot and is not a Monsters HD fan if he even jokingly posts the way he has. For some of us, it is a sick reality, watching a good thing flushed away, but to Tony, it may just be somebody bitching about something unimportant once again on a satelliteguys.us thread. He clearly doesn't understand.

When I signed onto Dish in early 2007, without a contract I might add, my cable provider (BHN) had only a handful of HD channels. I never got rid of BHN, rather, I carried both providers until Feb of 2008. I paid over $200 a month for both cable and Dish (not including Internet or phone), with all the premiums between the two (Starz on Dish, the rest with cable)

Here is what I liked and disliked about Dish....

Pros-
-DVR was wonderful
-DVR external drive was wonderful
-Monsters HD was the best thing since sliced bread until Nov 2007
-Starz offers HD version and all the multichannels (even the two or so not offered by my cable provider)

Cons-
-Monsters HD went down the toilet in Nov 2007
-haviing my cable company match all HD channels I watch except Voom, left nothing special about having Dish
-having to pay $40 to use external storage with the DVR
-having to buy $125 device to be able to record from the DVR to a DVD-R as my own personal archive when the box filled up and before external storage became available (copy protection restrictions which are not a problem with cable)
-having to buy the expensive package just to get NatGeo HD, Science Channel HD, Animal Planet HD, even though I paid for an HD package, they weren't part of AT100 so I didn't get the HD versions.
-summer lightning/thunderstorms in FL caused almost daily outages of satellite
-They don't offer my HD locals (not that I even subscribed to the locals)

That was my short list of cons.... I could come up with more if I gave it more thought. SERIOUSLY, between my cable company matched the HD channels on Dec 12, and the downward spiral of Monsters HD, that is what put me over the top and finally pushed me to leave Dish.

These people complaining about Voom channels must not watch Disney, Nick, TLC to name a few.
Here's a helpful tip to improve your quality of life issue with TV viewing: change channels, diversify your tastes or expand your Netflix subscription to get more DVDs in order for you to fill your need for 5+ hours, daily dose of television.

You too are totally missing the OP's point.

MonstersHD was an EXCELLENT channel and went to hell in a handbasket. It is a commercial free channel and is part of an HD package. People specifically subscribed to Dish HD for that and other Voom channels. They really went downhill.

It is like comparing apples to oranges, comparing Monsters HD to Nick or TLC, or any other basic cable commercial laden channel. No comparison.

You too are totally missing the OP's point.

MonstersHD was an EXCELLENT channel and went to hell in a handbasket. It is a commercial free channel and is part of an HD package. People specifically subscribed to Dish HD for that and other Voom channels. They really went downhill.

It is like comparing apples to oranges, comparing Monsters HD to Nick or TLC, or any other basic cable commercial laden channel. No comparison.

THANK YOU.. thats my point exactly. If MONSTERS HD had always been like it currently is.. well OK.

I might be miffed but I wouldn't complain. The fact that it had been what I consider a great HD movie channel with many different horror offerings throughot the day and week, then ABRUPTLY and without any explanation went to what it is now drives me crazy.

BTW I just checked the chiller tv channel and it's pretty bad too as far as programming goes . I'll keep my hopes up and continue with VOOM for a bit more but all I was asking was WHY what when..

the programming is ridiculous. 2 movies a day, including ones from the 50's and 60's no one cares about is just completely unacceptable. I kept hoping that this was just a VERY short problem that would change back to the way it was but it seems that that is not the case seeing that its now going on 4 months since Monsters HD has been in this 2 movie repats a day mode.

I'ts now ALl the voom movie channels that this is happening to and not just Monsters which to be honest is the only real reason I want VOOM at all. After reading of the lawsuit that Voom is handing Dish I can see the problem is much worse and a lot deeper than I had hoped.

Anyone know of any other horror only channels on other systems?? I'm thinking of dropping DISH if they don't get their act together and FAST. Not just because of the VOOM debacle, but no SCI FI hd as well. I really love Monsters HD and what it once was.
I agree

Thanks for the insightful post Tony. You must be one of the few people who thinks that 2 movies repeating over and over is a good thing?

I wouldn't be upset over repeat programming when it comes to movies. I was completely ok with the way Monsters was running before the end of the year. they rotated at LEAST 3 or 4 movies at a time on any given day. But 2 is sad, really, REALLY sad. Sorry to upset you.

Thanks for that Direct TV info though. I may just look into that.
Don't worry about it ,Some people don't like to admit their provider has faults. And anytime he want to compair Any Voom channels to any other 1 Premium,I'll be more then happy to list 24 hours of movies on each channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)