What's the deal with the Monsters HD channel.

That is not good enough for me to cancel my D* install. I don't want to see the title GingerSnaps again.

Its definately a step in the right direction. So much potential for this channel for horror fans. I'm happy if they add 5 or so new movies to the schedule and rotate their other stuff often. Being uncut/no commercials/ and hd is what makes this channel special. They do have movies they play often- Blind Dead movies or whatever they are called. They seem to have lost a few gems that I never got to see (My Bloody Valentine, The Burning) I hope they rotate those back in.

Its definately a step in the right direction. So much potential for this channel for horror fans. I'm happy if they add 5 or so new movies to the schedule and rotate their other stuff often. Being uncut/no commercials/ and hd is what makes this channel special. They do have movies they play often- Blind Dead movies or whatever they are called. They seem to have lost a few gems that I never got to see (My Bloody Valentine, The Burning) I hope they rotate those back in.

So true. This was a good channel and still has great potential. It is such a shame as this seems to me to be a pissing contest between Voom and E* and we suffer.

I could be wrong though.

I wonder what Voom channel is the most liked? I see posts that state a persons main reason for subscribing to E* is for Monsters. Can't say that I see posts like that with other Voom channels. I switched from D* to E* for that reason amoung others.

Monsters for me. But untill I see some great improvement, I can do without it!

I think we are probably asking too much. Their schedule is improved and they have added new movies. What % does E* own in Voom. Why doesn't E* put some $ to improve these channels? Seems to me if these channels were at their potential E* would have a great hd lineup. Definately comparable to D* maybe even better.

There's a massive amount of new material and people are still complaining? Granted Nov-Mar sucked but if you look at the schedule and watch the channel you'll notice the changes that are being made.

These are all new and as far as I know never been broadcast in HD. Personally I'm looking forward to the upcoming months.

Beyond Re-Animator
The Thing
Planet of the Ape 1-5
The Beast Within
Witch Master General
The Fury
Omen 1-2
Motel Hell
Leviathan
Evil Dead 2

Back are Gruesome Twosomes and Monstermania plus the rotaion looks likes it's around 6-7 movies per 24 hours. Hell I'm happy they're adding NEW movies. Personally I was just hoping it would go back to a less repeatative rotation.

I'm a little happier. Since April 1st, Monsters feels a little more like it's pre-November self again. New movies -- blocks of three and even four movies -- Monsterama -- sensible scheduling (movies don't start at ridiculous times like 8:35 or 2:10 like they were for the last five months) -- Gruesome Twosomes --

It's not quite back to its former glory, but there's definitely been a deliberate shift in the right direction.

I, for one, will try to enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm pretty sure it's the 1982 version. I'm very pleased with this months schedule and hope it continues.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still", the sci-fi CLASSIC that is the standard bearer for this genre is coming to Monsters HD in MAY!!!! Woohoo!!!!

AFAIK, this movie has never been shown in OAR in HD EVER anywhere!

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed "Planet of the Apes" last night. Monsterama, not so much.
Looking forward to "Beneath PotA" tonight. :)

See ya
Tony

"The Day the Earth Stood Still", the sci-fi CLASSIC that is the standard bearer for this genre is coming to Monsters HD in MAY!!!! Woohoo!!!!

They need to run this as a triple feature with "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" and "Target Earth". The Giant (Plastic) Robot trilogy. Seriously, this really is a classic. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed "Planet of the Apes" last night. Monsterama, not so much.
Looking forward to "Beneath PotA" tonight. :)

See ya
Tony

Could not agree more. One more for archiving. :hungry:

The 1982 movie is quite one that I want to watch in HD. I do not think it has ever aired in HD or has it. When is it showing? It is not in the April schedule.

The Thing, like anything else, looks great in HD.

I don't know if it has ever aired either in HD on television but I own it on the now "dead" HD-DVD format. Amazing how a format "dies" and the prices drop. I have been picking up movies for $7-$15 on Amazon and Bestbuy.com even had some deals. I noticed Circuit City and Best Buy no longer have any HD-DVD in store in my area. They have expanded their bluray to cover the entire space. Even if both of my HD-DVD players die, I am sure HD-DVD players will be available on Ebay for decades to come. My collection is over 50 movies. I liked The Thing so well that I bought it on HD-DVD even though I own it on SD DVD. Good movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)