What's this unusual LNB configuration called?

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
I have a Dish install I'm parting out on eBay (we've gone OTA / HTPC), and I need some help identifying the LNB. I'm not quite sure how to best describe it in the title. Most of the LNB's for sale on there have a model/configuration name (for example, "Dish Network 500+ LNBF assembly") and list the applicable satellites, so I would like to do the same.

This LNB was used for our installation that had Brazilian international channels. I've checked current and completed listings on eBay, but haven't been able to find this exact LNB configuration. I see some with the large center LNB, and one on the side, but not with one on each side.

In case it helps, the wing LNB's are labeled AKH1-DPS Lot W803 and AKH1-DPS Lot W903.

Thanks for any help!

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

3s.jpg

110W 118W 119W 129W I bought one for a Superdish 121. It's was labeled a 118 Repoint Kit. Use with a DPP44 Switch
Also fits a 105 Superdish

This is, as Dah-Henny suggests, one version of the Dish 1000+ LNB assembly.

Don't forget about dishuser:

http://dishuser.org/plusdish.php

The models pictured there all feature DPP duals as opposed to the singles the TS shows.
The pictures in the first post look like the LNBs on my Dish 1000+. It originally came with single output LNBs for 110 and 129, but I swapped them out with duals to give me more options for hooking it up, such as using it as a wing dish with my EA setup.

There is one on eBay for $12.99.

Yeah, plus $18 shipping, lol. Even so, seems to be a good deal if somebody needs that particular item.

I've listed all of my Dish stuff on eBay for what I think are fair prices based on looking at completed listings, but if anybody on here is interested in buying multiple items, price is negotiable. Here's a link to my eBay items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_ssn=turbomission&_sop=10

And thanks for the quick assistance in identifying the LNB. This place is great!

I have a Dish install I'm parting out on eBay (we've gone OTA / HTPC), and I need some help identifying the LNB. I'm not quite sure how to best describe it in the title. Most of the LNB's for sale on there have a model/configuration name (for example, "Dish Network 500+ LNBF assembly") and list the applicable satellites, so I would like to do the same.

This LNB was used for our installation that had Brazilian international channels. I've checked current and completed listings on eBay, but haven't been able to find this exact LNB configuration. I see some with the large center LNB, and one on the side, but not with one on each side.

In case it helps, the wing LNB's are labeled AKH1-DPS Lot W803 and AKH1-DPS Lot W903.

Thanks for any help!

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

3s.jpg
DIsh 1000 Plus....Looks at 118.7/119/129..BTW, the feedhorn cap/cover in the center is missing.

Yeah it's an older model lnb for a 1000+ dish, I used to have this on my dish I changed it to a newer model.
There's the 2 single lnb's along with the 129 lnb bracket and then the 118/119 lnb. Can be used on a 1000+ or 500+ dish.

P1000131.JPG

This is the modern version of this lnb. the arm for 129 attaches to the left side of this lnb. 110 reception much improved when I swapped out my old lnb on my 1000+ dish.

It's not so much a cap, but it's a clear piece of glass that covers it

Mine has the glass on it. I was just careful to position my lights so that I wasn't getting reflections off the glass. But the first pictures I took, the glass was all white due to reflections.

Reactions: Magic Static
P1000131.JPG

This is the modern version of this lnb. the arm for 129 attaches to the left side of this lnb. 110 reception much improved when I swapped out my old lnb on my 1000+ dish.

I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I see that the LNB you showed has three outputs, and my older one has four? Does that have any bearing on anything? All four of mine were connected, so what would happen with the fourth line if someone swapped in the model you're showing?

Each of the outputs on your older model represents outputs for each of the four received satellites (110/118/119/129) to feed individually into a separate required dpp44 switch. The dpp44 switch combines all four of those satellites and feeds to combined four satellite signals to a maximum of four receivers. Hence the "44" in dpp44. Four sat signals in, out to four receivers.

The newer model does not require the separate dpp44 switch because it is now integrated into the new lnb. Individual lines from the receivers can now be connected to the lnb without need for a separate switch. The lnb will pass signal from 110/118/119 together from any of the first three outputs on the left to a receiver. An additional lnb can be attached to the left hand side of the main component to receive signal from 129. A small jumper is connected from the output of the single add-on lnb to the fourth output (the one on the far right) of the main component. Together, all four satellite can now be delivered together to a maximum of three receivers.

Overall, it is a much easier piece of equipment to install with fewer points of failure (no dpp44 switch), and far fewer cables and fittings. You do lose the output for the fourth receiver, though. To answer your question....the number of cables from the dish would match the number of receivers you have in the house. If you have two rcvrs, you'd only need two cables. Three rcvrs, three cables. More than that and you would need the dpp44 switch. This is all based on your current Western Arc setup. Eastern Arc setups are even easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)