Whats up with Monsters HD programming?

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
For that past 2 days their programming appears to be all screwed up. The guide states one movie is on but they are showing another. Did I miss something? Is this still Monsters HD?

VOOM seems to go through periodic bouts of this. It will probably iron itself out next week.

The program listings on their site may (or may not) be more up-to-date.

It's not just MONSTERS, it seems like all of Voom's movie channels are doing the same thing. MONSTERS has even changed their schedule: the entire second half of November is set to be like this.

Personally, if this is how it's going to be from now on, I'd just as soon get another service.

There's another thread about this that's already gotten quite a few responses:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/114585-program-guide-voom-problem.html

:eek: This may be a little stating of the obvious, but someone should let Voom know, in no uncertain terms, that this is literally the bass-ackwards, exact opposite of what many of us had wanted. I can't even imagine what's going through their heads continuing to air this kind of schedule.

Their line-up was already pretty repetitive, but the same two movies running over and over again for 24 hours? Running back-to-back no less...6:40? 8:10? 9:25? What kind of starting times are those?

This is easily the worst move they could have made.

Inspector...although Monsters was never that bad, the other Voom movie channels always used to be on a 2 movie a day schedule.

Actually, back before they were on Dish, weren't they on a ONE movie a day schedule? (But there were 10 channels.) Monsters was the only exception- or maybe one other. Any old Voomers around?

I wouldn't mind them going to some kind of "Drive-in double feature" format. Realisticly, am I ever going to watch more than 2 horror movies in a day? Just make sure that the ones on THIS Saturday aren't the same ones on NEXT Saturday. :)

At least they are doing "Thanksgiving Day Of The Dead". There's at least 7 movies listed, with one- just called "Undead"- that doesn't look familiar.

I hear ya. All I'm saying is, every time I turn on Monsters, it's RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Take a look at the schedule, it's literally the one movie that seems to be scheduled to come on every other day of the week.

Only having it for three months has really spoiled me. I'm home a lot and I dug being able to turn it on to find something fun. That impulse has pretty much gone away.

If this is now "the way things are," they had me but they lost me.

UNDEAD is an overrated, Australian zombie movie from three or four years back.

It almost seems like they're just doing the Thanksgiving Day thing because they've been advertising it for a while now. (And, interestingly enough, DAY OF THE DEAD and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD are in there -- two of the movies they've already been playing and re-playing in this new "repetition roster" mode since Thursday.)

Repeating only two is bad enough but what they're repeating is largely crap. (I'm watching a POS called Curse of the Living Corpse right now--only interesting for a 1964 Roy Scheider role). Might be ok if they worked it in with others (I like obscure old junk now and then) but a marathon of this??? The movies they're showing are the type that I don't really CARE if they're in HD or not. This channel was the tipping point for me staying and not going w V***zon fiber optic. That may change.
Looks like Voom may not have been profitable but it's going to be less so if they're showing stuff that no one watches.

Good grief, they've gone from remastered Hitchcock to this.

I wish they would give me..

Ginger Snaps Back.. A New Beginning :eek:

The sole reason why I jumped onto E* was because of Monsters. My wife and I are fanatics when it comes to horror, and this channel was on 24/7. Since last Thursday I can’t even tell you how disappointed we are. At first it was funny. Return of the living dead every two hours??? We laughed because we thought it was a technical glitch.

Granted it’s always been repetitive but they were doing 8-9 movies – rinse – repeat – etc. Not a big deal… but this 2- movies – rinse – repeat is not worth my money. Gone are the Gruesome Twosomes – gone are any signs of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm street, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Grudge, Ginger Snaps, Night of the Demons.

I’m hoping I wake up and it was all a bad dream.

Sounds to me like VOOM is being killed slowly

Lost viewership caused by this, then justifies dropping the channels

I don't think they took off as well as they thought they would

If they had, they would be on ALL systems by now

There is too much HD coming in the wings, look at DTV to see where it is all heading in a year or less.

Hey, I loved Flipper and Thunderbirds on Family Room, but HD is finally coming of age on its own!

hey go to the monsters hd store, they are also selling off everything... got a good deal on the chucky 3 pack for my daughter for christmas! :)

Sounds about right. I feel for everyone that does appreciate Voom including myself.

Not to mention that it sucks for Cablevision subscribers too!!!

Is this just happening on Monsters HD or all the other movie channels as well? Two movies per day is that the case?
It looks like it's the other channels as well. Not sure how many. Definitely Film Fest, World Cinema and Kung Fu, but I'm also hearing some of the sports channels as well...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)