Whats up with Monsters HD programming?

BLOCKED at work! Can someone paste if true?

Advisory: VOOM & Monsters HD scheduling issues

Please be advised that VOOM is aware of the current scheduling issues. VOOM is addressing the scheduling and is working to correct this matter as soon as possible. Please be assured that VOOM will provide updates as the situation is resolved

Advisory: VOOM & Monsters HD scheduling issues

Please be advised that VOOM is aware of the current scheduling issues. VOOM is addressing the scheduling and is working to correct this matter as soon as possible. Please be assured that VOOM will provide updates as the situation is resolved

Intersting, but I'm suspect considering that the PDF schedule on their site physically changed to reflect the content that's on now.

Maybe there was a disgruntle employee that hacked them before he or she left last week!! :eek:

Voom issued a statement (i think)

Monsters HD

All that means is that the PG doesn't reflect the new reality.

How disgraceful. E* is becoming more embarrassing by the minute. I've had E* since 2000 and I can't wait until my commitment is up so I can cruise out of Losertown. It is just one thing after another after another, every week it seems.

Retire already, Charlie--it is obvious you don't give a damn any more.

E* and Charlie have nothing to do with program guide information.

If incorrect information was given to Tribune Media by the provider (Voom) then it is not Tribune Media's client's (E*/Charlie) fault.

Dishnetwork could have been more forthcoming about their HD plans but if it upsets you so much that you lash out at everyone, perhaps you need a timeout.

I too will consider switching to DirecTV when my committment is up, but ONLY if it makes sense, not on arbitrary emotional grounds that have nothing to do with DishNetworks actual performance.

Of course they should fix the program guide but I'm less concerned about the guide than about the quality of the movies themselves. If it's junk, I don't care when it's on. And it looks like Voom has severely downgraded the quality of the stuff they're broadcasting. Very frustrating.

Of course they should fix the program guide but I'm less concerned about the guide than about the quality of the movies themselves. If it's junk, I don't care when it's on. And it looks like Voom has severely downgraded the quality of the stuff they're broadcasting. Very frustrating.

Exactly! As of now the guide is nothing more than a tease. It shows me what I COULD be watching, or what my 622 SHOULD be recording. Instead I flip on Monsters and see the same Hammer film over, and over again.

Nonetheless, an explanation on why the content has been changed is a must in my book considering people are paying hard earned dollars for this service.

I reloaded my program guide and it looks like it is pretty accurate for the most part now.

Looks like VOOM has really went low budget as the 2 or 3 movies per day seems to be the norm now for the movie oriented channels. It all seems to be low royalty or rights payments programming also. Guess they figured they could save a bunch of money by going to content that does not cost them much to broadcast.

I switched to E* because of the VOOM channels and am very disappointed. I called D* and they won't make me a deal to come back because I am a previous customer.

There is not much choice in my area as there is no fiber and the cable company has the worst picture quality in the country and no plans for any HD channels.

A little bummed to say the least!

Yep in Henryetta you are screwed and stuck with either Dish or Directv, unless you are in one of the Suddenlink area's that are getting some upgrades. But those systems are so small they will never outlay the cash to upgrade to a lot of HD.

I love Hammer films, BUT all the ones they are showing are available on DVD and in this case, they don't really look better in HD, especially since they started compressing the heck out of everything.

I wish we could get a few thousand people to complain because it would take a LOT of complaints to get them to change anything.

Personally, the HD package is no longer worth $20 to me at this time.

I love Hammer films, BUT all the ones they are showing are available on DVD and in this case, they don't really look better in HD, especially since they started compressing the heck out of everything.

I wish we could get a few thousand people to complain because it would take a LOT of complaints to get them to change anything.

Personally, the HD package is no longer worth $20 to me at this time.

Found these posts over at Fangoria.com. I sent a quick complaint. You never know..

"Voom email:

findoutmore@voomhd.com

Rainbow Contact:

Rainbow Media

Thanks and lets hope they listen to their fans!"

Someone else posted this also...

"I spoke to someone who got a little information on the issue over the weekend, but not much. I was not given any specifics, but was given the impression that the new schedule will not be permanent.

Again, I don't know any specifics and can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure things will be back to normal. It just doesn't make sense that the programming would be drastically changed (permanently) after the recent wave of advertising we've seen for the channel. Besides, they're promoting a bunch of spots for films that are "coming soon," like House of 1,000 Corpses, Gappa, among others.

In addition, all of the previews are still in the "clips" section - so they seem to have plenty of programming available."

Well, it looks like the program guide is beginning to converge with what is actually on. The start/stop times are still off a bit but the guide shows what is actually on.

Right now "Tombs of the Blind Dead" is on, again, and again, and again

Well, it looks like the program guide is beginning to converge with what is actually on. The start/stop times are still off a bit but the guide shows what is actually on.

Right now "Tombs of the Blind Dead" is on, again, and again, and again

It's sad... Fearnet and Thriller are now better than the "1st and only Horror Channel"

I have sent a comment to the Voom programmers but I have not received a response. This new policy of two movies per day per channel is not cutting it. It is quite annoying that Voom should go backwards instead of forward.

Here is an idea for the Voom folks. If you are going to cut the movies to two per day, why not just create one Movie channel that offers two from each channel. This way we will have two monsters movies, two filmfest movies, two kungfu movies, two family hd movies and two world cinema movies. This will give more plenty of bandwith to E* to add other channels.

Two movies per channel sends a bad message two viewers. It is not even in the same platform as the competition anymore. I do not want to watch one movie repeated 5-7 times in a 24 hour period. It does not makes any sense* and whomever come up with the idea should be really re-think what VOOM is/was (depending on how you want to look at it).

P.S. * most HD subs have DVRs. This what DVRs are all about. Repeating the movie does not make sense in this way. If this continues, I will have to level these channels as WOBA.

I agree SEAN. This is not good programming and is definately a step backwards . It is time to consolidate the movie channels into one and make more room for more hd channels that people want NOW.

I agree SEAN. This is not good programming and is definately a step backwards . It is time to consolidate the movie channels into one and make more room for more hd channels that people want NOW.

It sucks. I’m a huge fan of horror and always pushed Dish onto others like myself. If it had always been this way maybe I wouldn’t mind it so much, but the sudden and abbrupt change is a huge step in the wrong direction. I feel bad for not only E* people like us, but also for all of the cablevision subscribers that Voom was just made available to a few months back.

I dont know that anything has really changed.

In the 24 hour period from right now (12:45pm EST) till 11am EST tomorrow (Thanksgiving), there are 8 different movies on MonstersHD.

Tombs of the Blind Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Frankenstein Must be Destroyed
Teenage Caveman
Gappa, the Triphibian Monster
Day of the Dead
Dead Alive
Evil Dead

In comparison, HDNET Movies has 9 different movies in the same timeframe (barely, as the 9th movie starts at 10:45am EST - so only 15 mins of the 9th movies really counts).

Review statements for facts before complaining.

I dont know that anything has really changed.

In the 24 hour period from right now (12:45pm EST) till 11am EST tomorrow (Thanksgiving), there are 8 different movies on MonstersHD.

Tombs of the Blind Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Frankenstein Must be Destroyed
Teenage Caveman
Gappa, the Triphibian Monster
Day of the Dead
Dead Alive
Evil Dead

In comparison, HDNET Movies has 9 different movies in the same timeframe (barely, as the 9th movie starts at 10:45am EST - so only 15 mins of the 9th movies really counts).

Review statements for facts before complaining.

Take your own advise Fitz! Review the link to the PDF schedule in this thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/114585-program-guide-voom-problem-2.html

Compare 11/1-11/14 with 11/15 thru 11/30 and let me know if "anything has really changed"

Not to mention that they pulled several movies from their original schedule to boot along with the nightly"Gruesome Twosomes"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts