Whats up with Monsters HD programming?

Take your own advise Fitz! Review the link to the PDF schedule in this thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/114585-program-guide-voom-problem-2.html

Compare 11/1-11/14 with 11/15 thru 11/30 and let me know if "anything has really changed"

Not to mention that they pulled several movies from their original schedule to boot along with the nightly"Gruesome Twosomes"

I have looked at the PDF, and the EPG before adding my post. The PDF and EPG match.

Again, there are 8 distinct movies on MonstersHD in the less than 24 hour period I quoted. Those who are whining about only 2 movies per day are "dead" wrong. :)

I have looked at the PDF, and the EPG before adding my post. The PDF and EPG match.

Again, there are 8 distinct movies on MonstersHD in the less than 24 hour period I quoted. Those who are whining about only 2 movies per day are "dead" wrong. :)

Not sure who's complaining about 2 movies per day. The point of this thread is to discuss the programming. The fact is that there was a drastic change in content as of 11/15 and nobody at Voom or Rainbow Media cares to explain it to their customers. Sure there are 8 movies on over the course of 24 hour period but it doesn’t negate the fact that something went down that caused such a drastic change.

As paying customers I feel that it’s our right to complain about it until we have answers. It doesn’t take a genius to compare the first half of the months schedule with the last half and figure out that something went wrong especially considering that the last half of the schedule didn’t look like that on November 1st when I viewed it originally.

Does anybody happen to have an “original” Monsters schedule from November? :confused:

re-read the entire thread. perceived crappy quality of the movies, that there are only 2 diff movies per day and that Voom should be consolidated to just a couple of channels are the main topics.

i agree that if one is not happy that they should voice their dissatisfaction. i am not happy with the stretch-o-vision of the A&E Television Networks, so i contacted them to voice my opinion.

Not sure who's complaining about 2 movies per day. The point of this thread is to discuss the programming. The fact is that there was a drastic change in content as of 11/15 and nobody at Voom or Rainbow Media cares to explain it to their customers. Sure there are 8 movies on over the course of 24 hour period but it doesn’t negate the fact that something went down that caused such a drastic change.

As paying customers I feel that it’s our right to complain about it until we have answers. It doesn’t take a genius to compare the first half of the months schedule with the last half and figure out that something went wrong especially considering that the last half of the schedule didn’t look like that on November 1st when I viewed it originally.

Does anybody happen to have an “original” Monsters schedule from November? :confused:

Here's the original schedule, and the newer schedule:
Big difference

Attachments

• monstershd_NOVschedule.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 504
  • monstershd_NEWERNOVschedule.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 436
Tomorrow is a "marathon" on MonstersHD, so yes, there are more than 2 movies that day. Page through the program guide after that and you will see that MOST days are 2 movies for every 24 hour period starting about 7PM CST.

It is NOT just the 2 movies thing, but the fact that they pulled pretty much everything that most people would even care to watch.

FilmFest, World and Kung Fu are doing the same thing. I could care less about Kung Fu, but I know there are many fans of martial arts movies.

I had thought the same thing about consolidating the channels if they are going to limit the offerings this way. It would only make sense.

I think more people are upset about the fact that there was no warning or announcement and the companies will not communicate the situation. BUT, that is the way major corporations work. I have been employed with a few of them, so I have a little experience with their lack of communications with the consumers and employees.
I am sure there are still some good companies. I just didn't happened to work for them! :(

I was very excited about the VOOM movie channels when I first signed up, but found after about 2 or 3 months, you had watched everything they had in their library. You get repetition on ANY movie channel, but not to this severity.

I just have to hope for better things in the future with E* as I called D* and they want around 400 bucks to hook me back up since I was a previous customer. Previous customers don't seem to be valuable to either service, even if you always paid your bill. The same goes for broadband and cable companies, so it's not limited to satellite providers.

Guess we'll just have to wait for those new birds next year! ;)

I love this channel, I've always been a sci-fi horror fan and it's been great to see films like the Godzilla movies in hd. Of course, not all of their movies are really high def but they are much cleaner than some of the dvd releases, that's for sure. Love the graphics too, they use the lettering from the old Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine, which I grew up with.

Has anyone else noticed that Monsters and the other Voom movie channels seem to be going back to "normal" on December 1st?

I was just going to write about the same thing: the Dec. schedule isn't up, but if you use your onscreen guide to toggle through the next week, it looks like their programming is going back to normal right on December 1st.

Are things going to improve? Or does Dish merely have Monsters' old, intended December schedule plugged in to the guide? (The way they had the wrong guide schedule up for a week earlier this month.)

I don't want to get my hopes up here, but then again, I don't want my Monsters HD choices to be BLOOD OF DRACULA and LEPRECHAUN 3 for a 24-hour period again...

I was just going to write about the same thing: the Dec. schedule isn't up, but if you use your onscreen guide to toggle through the next week, it looks like their programming is going back to normal right on December 1st.

Are things going to improve? Or does Dish merely have Monsters' old, intended December schedule plugged in to the guide? (The way they had the wrong guide schedule up for a week earlier this month.)

I don't want to get my hopes up here, but then again, I don't want my Monsters HD choices to be BLOOD OF DRACULA and LEPRECHAUN 3 for a 24-hour period again...

I feel the same. I won't be satisfied until I see the PDF on thier site. However, it is giving me a bit of hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts