What's up with WFNHD and Nimiq 4 ?

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
I was just channel surfing and noticed that ILS coverage of Nimiq 4 was being broadcast on WFN HD channel 394. Really weird. It keeps switching back and forth from ILS to WFN.

Well, I guess the spacecraft is in the blackout period, with wfn at normal programming. It just kinda shocked me a little to see ILS video with a WFN HD bug in the corner of the screen. :D

Well, I guess the spacecraft is in the blackout period, with wfn at normal programming. It just kinda shocked me a little to see ILS video with a WFN HD bug in the corner of the screen. :D

So far it looks good. One more burn and separation to go. Was it in true HD on WFN HD or upconverted? I watched the analog feed on Anik F2 Cband.

Astra 1M is next, then Ciel-2 (for ILS at least). I don't think Nimiq 5 (which will be used by Dish at 72.7) is too far behind, also on Proton/Breeze. Plus, Echostar 14, which I've heard little about aside from the 119 destination, I think is for 2009 or early 2010 (I'm not really sure) and may be on Proton.

Launch officially successful:

We have had a successful mission with the Proton M Breeze M rocket, carrying the Nimiq 4 satellite built by EADS Astrium for Telesat. We have had confirmation that the satellite separated from the vehicle on schedule at 3:00 am Eastern time, or 7:00 am GMT, 9 hours and 11 minutes after liftoff.
Nimiq 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)