Does adding a second DVR reset E* comitment time?

LT9000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
If you add a second DVR or reciever at a later date (after original sign up deal) with E*, does it reset your comitment time? I've heard with DTV it does.

I want to be able to add another DVR if I want it without having to go back to 18 0r 24 months on the commitment.

If you add a second DVR or reciever at a later date (after original sign up deal) with E*, does it reset your comitment time? I've heard with DTV it does.

I want to be able to add another DVR if I want it without having to go back to 18 0r 24 months on the commitment.

If you get another receiver from Dish then you restart your commitment time. I upgrade to a second DVR and it was clear that I was starting a new commitment by customer service.

Hope this helps.

If you buy your DVR, it doesn't affect your contract.

The commitment extension/renewal is tied to the "Dish 'N It Up" upgrade program. So yes, if you add a receiver by lease, you have to agree to another 24 months of Dish.

You can outright purchase a receiver without another committment.

Thats why you go onto ebay and get a new one for less than a third of their cost. Dont want it anymore? Sell it later.

Ebay...there are great deals on 721s on ebay right now. And when you find out you can't activate said 721 the person you bought it from will gladly give you your money back and even pay your shipping cost. :rolleyes:

I just had a 3rd ( 1- 622, 1- 612 1- 525 ) dvr added yesterday, all leased. No new contract signed. Installer couldn't believe they didn't make me sign a new agreement. They head end said it was impossible to activate another receiver on my account. But it did.That echostar email is gold.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts