What's with all the baseball threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I don't normally watch baseball so pardon my ignorance but why all of sudden we now seem to have a separate thread for each MLB division? If we're going to discuss baseball that way, then what's the point of having the main MLB thread in the sticky section for?

Beats me. I don't understand it either.

I guess Mets82 got bored because there was a "AL Central" thread which has been around for a few years and figured "well we need one for each division" even though it really isn't needed

If we're going to have all these baseball threads then there's no sense in having an MLB thread. You guys give me your input on this and I'll make a decision.

Perhaps a MLB thread, a NL thread and an AL thread at most. This is a mess right now I need to fix. I await your feedback :)

Perhaps a MLB thread, a NL thread and an AL thread at most. This is a mess right now I need to fix. I await your feedback :)

Rey, I don't want to step on any toes and I'm certainly not the "thread police" but I prefer to post in the general MLB thread. Even though I don't post much in there, I've always enjoyed reading the AL Central thread (I think because there's many contributors to that particular thread). However, I think a thread for EVERY division is excessive, but as always I will respect any decision you make. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming. This to me is like if we were to have a thread for a division or every division in the NFL. Wouldn't make sense. We have an MLB thread and I believe baseball discussions, unless it's something out of the ordinary, should be had in there. Having said that, I still want to hear more feedback from the rest of you.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming. This to me is like if we were to have a thread for a division or every division in the NFL. Wouldn't make sense. We have an MLB thread and I believe baseball discussions, unless it's something out of the ordinary, should be had in there. Having said that, I still want to hear more feedback from the rest of you.

Agreed Rey, but I'm all for at least keeping the AL Central thread. Like I said, the core members there have a done a great job with their discussions.

This makes the most since to me. One main thread, one for the Braves and one for the AL folks.

Agreed Rey, but I'm all for at least keeping the AL Central thread. Like I said, the core members there have a done a great job with their discussions.
Yes you're right and realize it's been this way for a bit and I'm ok with that. If an MLB, NL, and AL thread isn't something most of you want or think is necessary then going back to an MLB and AL central is what we're going to do. I'm ok with allowing the AL central veterans around here to continue having their thread but that's it as far as division threads go.

Yes, I know that, but we have never done that before. Most of them will just go away.

...all except the AL Central thread. :)

This is what I figured will happen over time ...
However, as Jim said, the Original AL Central thread will stick around because there are a number of AL Central fans to keep it going. :)

Yes you're right and realize it's been this way for a bit and I'm ok with that. If an MLB, NL, and AL thread isn't something most of you want or think is necessary then going back to an MLB and AL central is what we're going to do. I'm ok with allowing the AL central veterans around here to continue having their thread but that's it as far as division threads go.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I really think this is the most logical way to go. Keep the AL Central thread (they were the pioneers for this) and merge the rest with the MLB thread. I vote for that. :)

Yes, I know that, but we have never done that before. Most of them will just go away.

I think the thread should evolve around how much activity is there.
The MLB thread always has lots of posts because everyone other than AL Central fans post there.
The AL Central thread has been going for about 4-5 years now with plenty of activity.

The AL East thread looks like it's getting use as well ...

I think the threads that are not active will drop off on thier own.

jmo.

I wouldn't mind having separate threads for AL and NL, but it's no big deal if they are combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts