What's with all the Direct TV negative reviews?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was with for 9 years before I change over to Direc. I been with D for 8 years . I like D better .

No matter what company it is nobody is going to be satisfied with that company whoever their with imo everyone has their good or bad opinions on that company
Exactly, all have pluses and minuses, there is only one reason I am a DTV customer, PQ and that's all I care about. Picture quality on DTV hands down beats the others and having a few 4K channels which puts the icing on the cake. Yes there are a few off-shot options for decent PQ I know that but as an overall provider DTV wins the PQ race. Equipment is another story which DTV is getting even more bad press with the latest GUI. The customers who have been pushed the new GUI are all beta testers (not by our doing) as not until recent have we had a fairly stable environment. AT&T customer service is like the rest of them, only company I have been impressed with is Optimum, customer service is really good and with no hassles, however hardware sucks for them, not sure about the new Altice One setup.

We have had D* for 20 years except for a 6 month break about 10 years ago to try that service that had all the HD channels and went out of business. We had Dish for about 3 days and had them come get it because the picture quality was so bad we couldn't watch it. The only complaint is the Genie only has 4 tuners so we have 2 more DVR's for the bedrooms so we have 9 tuners. We have only turned off our Genie a couple of times and I think that is why we have never had a problem with it. All my systems are on Stand-By 24-7. Also I hate the 200$ + bill for so many years. But that's the price of getting old and having nothing else to do at night.

We have had D* for 20 years except for a 6 month break about 10 years ago to try that service that had all the HD channels and went out of business. We had Dish for about 3 days and had them come get it because the picture quality was so bad we couldn't watch it. The only complaint is the Genie only has 4 tuners so we have 2 more DVR's for the bedrooms so we have 9 tuners. We have only turned off our Genie a couple of times and I think that is why we have never had a problem with it. All my systems are on Stand-By 24-7. Also I hate the 200$ + bill for so many years. But that's the price of getting old and having nothing else to do at night.
FYI, the Genies have 5 tuners. I'm sure that's a typo on your part since you know you have 9 total along with the two dvrs.

If Sunday Ticket and certain RSNs are important to you go with DirecTV. If not, you absolutely can't beat the Hopper3 at Dish, 16+ tuners (PTAT and available 2 OTA), 4k and PIP from the box and external HD archiving tied to the account, plus 4k clients. Still have caller ID. Scott, who runs this forum has both and has said that picture quality is virtually a non issue.

Most folks say today PQ is a non issue. If it is, something is not set up right.

Sunday ticket is a biggie, though. If you want that, your choice is made.

I hate the rising prices. When there's a billing mistake or over-charge (which I've had the past 2 years for some reason), the customer service is horrible. I agree with everybody who has mentioned it has gone WAY down hill since AT&T bought out DirecTV. I never seem to get anybody that speaks English very well, and they don't always understand what I'm saying.
I do like the programming and the technology; only very heavy thunderstorms or snowstorms cause picture loss. I'm just so pissed when it comes to their customer service.

I was with dish for 10yrs and switched to Directv, it was the best thing I ever done , dish is still caveman technology as far as I’m concerned, just my opinion :)

I assume you are comparing it to DirecTV's technology when referring to DISH's "caveman technology". IMO, from an installation standpoint, DTV systems were, and to some degree, still are, easier to install than DISH systems. From a user standpoint though, what exactly do you mean by "caveman technology"?

I hate the rising prices. When there's a billing mistake or over-charge (which I've had the past 2 years for some reason), the customer service is horrible. I agree with everybody who has mentioned it has gone WAY down hill since AT&T bought out DirecTV. I never seem to get anybody that speaks English very well, and they don't always understand what I'm saying.
I do like the programming and the technology; only very heavy thunderstorms or snowstorms cause picture loss. I'm just so pissed when it comes to their customer service.
Customer Service was Poor long before ATT took over.

Reactions: xterra
Customer Service was Poor long before ATT took over.
But at least you got US based reps, not the overseas stuff you get now that have no idea what you’re talking about since they don’t have DIRECTV, just reading scripts.

Reactions: Jillian2
But at least you got US based reps, not the overseas stuff you get now that have no idea what you’re talking about since they don’t have DIRECTV, just reading scripts.
There was a time frame before that you could get a US rep and after that time, you would get out of the States ....
Now its unknown.

Even when I'm talking to my own company people IN the USA, some I can hardly understand.
Others, no big deal.

Personally, whenever I call D*, I will ask where they are located.
90% of the time its in the USA.

There was a time frame before that you could get a US rep and after that time, you would get out of the States ....
Now its unknown.

Even when I'm talking to my own company people IN the USA, some I can hardly understand.
Others, no big deal.

Personally, whenever I call D*, I will ask where they are located.
90% of the time its in the USA.
Whenever I call for tech support 90 percent of the time it’s off shore folks.

Reactions: Jillian2
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts