Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
last week I ordered a basic box to add a tv to my kids rooms, and I could not get an install date(online) so I called a few days later and they still cannot get me one.

At this point I just told them to give me money back and screw it. Ill add another basic to my E* account. I do not get that at all, anyone else have any problems?

last week I ordered a basic box to add a tv to my kids rooms, and I could not get an install date(online) so I called a few days later and they still cannot get me one.

At this point I just told them to give me money back and screw it. Ill add another basic to my E* account. I do not get that at all, anyone else have any problems?

I ordered an R15 in november and there not going to install until late jan.

Well, I wont wait that long, I have other options, that is just ridiculous.
If they would make their set up like E* and let you use switches then maybe they would make a little bit easier for us guys that don't do roof tops :~).

Ah well I suppose Ill just cancel it and get me another box from E*

Maybe its the way they treat installers that causes them not to have enough personel. Free Free Free. Somebody has to pay for that. A lot of us have quit doing fulfillment, which leaves D* with their HSP installers. Our local HSP has lots of shiny new vans sitting around in the weeds.

Well, I wont wait that long, I have other options, that is just ridiculous.
If they would make their set up like E* and let you use switches then maybe they would make a little bit easier for us guys that don't do roof tops :~).

Ah well I suppose Ill just cancel it and get me another box from E*

I'll wait that long only because the box, shipping and installation is free.

If I had to pay for any of those things I wouldn't wait that long.

Why not just go down to the local CC or BB and pick one up seeing it's only a standard rec. and be done with it ?

Jimbo

Maybe its the way they treat installers that causes them not to have enough personel. Free Free Free. Somebody has to pay for that. A lot of us have quit doing fulfillment, which leaves D* with their HSP installers. Our local HSP has lots of shiny new vans sitting around in the weeds.

Quit your pissing and moaning about your sorry job in my thread dude.
I paid for a box already, and now i cant get it installed, go cry to someone who gives a crap.

Quit your pissing and moaning about your sorry job in my thread dude.
I paid for a box already, and now i cant get it installed, go cry to someone who gives a crap.

You paid for the box ??
What I understand is, since last year, customer is not own any receiver that order from DTV, and its a lease deal even you pay for the equipment.

I will look someplace else for a replacement or add a room. There is commonly some work orders just set there for month and no taker. I know because I was work there before, not done this for year since health problem.

You paid for the box ??
What I understand is, since last year, customer is not own any receiver that order from DTV, and its a lease deal even you pay for the equipment.

I will look someplace else for a replacement or add a room. There is commonly some work orders just set there for month and no taker. I know because I was work there before, not done this for year since health problem.

Yes they do just lease now, but they charged me 50+ bucks for hte box, and I Still cannot get an install..

I am calling to day to tell them to forget it..

Yes they do just lease now, but they charged me 50+ bucks for hte box, and I Still cannot get an install..

I am calling to day to tell them to forget it..

as I mentioned before, go down to your local BB or CC and buy one and install it in 15 minutes and be done with it...
Make sure you call D* first and cancel your order, they should give you your money back and give you a credit for the amount of the one you are purchasing from local.

Jimbo

as I mentioned before, go down to your local BB or CC and buy one and install it in 15 minutes and be done with it...
Make sure you call D* first and cancel your order, they should give you your money back and give you a credit for the amount of the one you are purchasing from local.

Jimbo

And as I mentioned a few times, I do not know how, or I would have done that already.

With E* its easy, add a switch, connect the dots, be done with it.

With D* you have to go on the roof and run another wire, at least that is what I was told.

And as I mentioned a few times, I do not know how, or I would have done that already.

With E* its easy, add a switch, connect the dots, be done with it.

With D* you have to go on the roof and run another wire, at least that is what I was told.

Do you have a multiswitch, if so and there's an open connection just run a line from there.

No switch as I was told I could not use a switch for D*, but if i had a place to buy, I would certainly do that. Then again, as long as I dont have to go to the roof and run wire from teh dish, I can do it.

That's an expensive switch. If he looks around, I'm sure he can find a cheaper one. Sadoun, Solid Signal, Value Electronics, etc. He can get both the switch and receiver from them.

I thought he wanted it now, he didn't want to wait for shipping.

But you have a good point.

So I can just pick up one of those boxes at CC or BB without needing to open up some account or do I have to prove i have one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts