What's your favorite Scary Movie at Halloween ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I have several but the original Salem's Lot from 1979 scared me . I grew up in New England and the town was like the one I lived in at the time. Didn't think much of the later version with Rob Lowe. I also like the movie called Psychomania about a Motorcycle gang . The critics hated Psychomania but it's really scary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vby7lSQMEn

I love all of the Universal classics: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. The first Poltergeist, Halloween, and Exorcist are at the top of my list. I also liked Salen's Lot. Don't care for most of the new "horror" stuff.

S~

I love all of the Universal classics: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. The first Poltergeist, Halloween, and Exorcist are at the top of my list. I also liked Salen's Lot. Don't care for most of the new "horror" stuff.

S~
Yeah, The Old Universal Movies hold up really well today. Still pretty scary.

I like Scream, the first one was the best. I heard that they are making the fourth one? I thought three was enough. :)

My thing for Halloween is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show, not the movie. I've been rewatching the seasons on Netflix. I'm working to be on the series finale on Halloween. I miss this show so much. :D

The first four from the Hellraiser franchise are my favorite bar none! I also like an obscure one from the 80's, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. I haven't seen it in awhile so I think I'll try to find it somewhere.

For me, it has to be the original Halloween. Most of the others mentioned are just scary movies, but not halloween themed.

The FIRST & classics are > Exorcist, Halloween, Texas chain massacre, The Thing, Aliens ,Childern of corn, Friday the 13th, Jaws, when strangers calls, black Xmas, nightmare on Elm Street (such as remake was SUCKED BIG TIME)
Recent ones I liked so far ..first > Saw, Scream , The grudge , Blair witch project , Orphan/2009( The end was unexpected)
Collector (by saw director) & Eden Lake
All these new Horrors crap is all about flashing lights and loud sounds & making it rated PG-13.
P.S..
I watch most of them in october/halloween month every year :)

Last edited:
Agree on Halloween and Halloween 2. Those were great. Don't get me started on how bad Halloween 3 was...

The scariest movie I have ever seen is Pee-wee's Big Adventure

220px-Peeweebigadventure.jpg

The movie doesn't have to have a Halloween theme. AMC and TCM show some scary movies around Halloween every year that are just as scary but don't have a Halloween theme. The Movie Halloween is a classic. I remember when local stations did a low budget movie show around Halloween . One done in Boston was called Creature Double Feature. Also back years ago you could go to Stephen Kings House in Bangor Maine and he would come out to give out Candy. But it turned into a circus and he stopped it. I have some old 8mm film of when we went to his house just one time . The House is old and looks like something King would live in.

" It" was another scary movie by Stephen King . I also liked Storm of the Century.

Here is the clip of the old Boston Monster Movie show YouTube - Creature Double Feature WLVI TV56

The Shining still does it for me despite repeated viewings. To watch Nicholson go bat**it crazy over the course of 2 and a half hours, after all these years it still holds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)