Whats your ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
charper1 said:
I am kind of shocked by the posting of all the marketing & web D/L photos as opposed to real photos of real autos.

I havent had time to take photos of the real cars yet. :) It rained all weekend! (and is raining now)

I just bought a 2006 Toyota Highlander (picture below) and the wife drives a 2003 Toyota Camry.

Attachments

• Highlander 2.jpg
    Highlander 2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 124
1991 Ford Ranger with 133K
No AC or Heat

It's the truck I proposed in, and got when I was 17, now 30.

Also a 1987 Ford F150 with 87k
No AC, but heater does work

Those 108 degree days are a pain...

Neutron said:
What do you guys think of the Ford Fusion?
It isn't a bad car. When I was shopping for my replacement for my Ford Contour, and looking at the Ford Five Hundred, the saleman steered me to the Fusion which had just come out at the time.

I liked the car but decided to stick with the larger car I was originally looking at.

If you do drive and like the Fusion, be sure to check out the Mercury Milan or even the Lincoln Zepher. The latter will cost slightly more but little things make it 'worth it' to me.

I eventually ended up buying my Mercury Montego (Mercury flavor of the Five Hundred) over a Fusion because it was a much larger car inside, better safety ratings, cost about the same, and the milage was the same as the v6 Fusion.

Last edited:
My wife's new car is a 2006 Pontiac G6 (the color is Granite)

and mine is a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL; both paid for.

Last edited:
Foxbat said:
My wife's new car is a 2006 Pontiac G6 (the color is Granite)

and mine is a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL; both paid for.

I wish I could say the same. Maybe one day I'll be able to buy a brand new car outright. :)

bradmicescape.jpg

Bought this 2001 Ford Escape brand new in Feb 01 and still have it. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Tons of torque, great gas mileage, 72,000 miles and have never had to take it into the shop for anything.

ta_front.jpg

Don't own this anymore but my wife had this when we got married. Her parents bought it brand new from Pontiac.

9da6scd.jpg

This is my 2004 F-150 work truck. The company I work for pays for it.

Ok, this is to keep Chuck happy.:D
1939 Dodge sedan (named Sweetpea). Photo taken in 1966 about a month before I got drafted. Both me and the car look a little different now but it's the only photo I had in my computer. The 'ol girl was missing 1st & reverse but back then we made do. It made up for it by all the room it had in the back seat :)
Walt in SweetPea 1966.jpg

waltinvt said:
Ok, this is to keep Chuck happy.:D
1939 Dodge sedan (named Sweetpea). Photo taken in 1966 about a month before I got drafted. Both me and the car look a little different now but it's the only photo I had in my computer. The 'ol girl was missing 1st & reverse but back then we made do. It made up for it by all the room it had in the back seat :)
View attachment 11648

Jerry Lee; is that you?

Neutron said:
I wish I could say the same. Maybe one day I'll be able to buy a brand new car outright. :)
My wife's a CPA :rolleyes: so I have to make "financially prudent" decisions now.

If you can afford to keep your current car(s) and "pretend" to purchase another vehicle (in other words, save the car payment in a savings or money-market account for 36-60 months) you should have enough to buy the car and have the interest you earned instead of paying it to the bank/finance company. Barring financial emergencies, once you can pull this off, you can keep it up for the rest of your car-owning experiences.

My brother (another CPA, I'm surrounded!) refuses to buy a new car and thus avoids the 15-35% hit a new car's value takes driving it off the lot.

Hey guys,

Below is my ride :rolleyes:

Although people talk about how great it is to have the freedom to go wherever you want with your own vehicle, I'm content riding the transit. I takes me from my apartment to campus and almost anywhere else I need to go.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 138
My ride.

This is my current ride. I'm selling it now, for something more reliable, and more economical :D
'98 VW Passat 1.8T with a lot of mods :)

My wife has a '93 Nissan Sentra, that also will be replaced in the near future

Attachments

• Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)