Whats your ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's still not too bad for a full size truck. If I can keep my lead foot off the gas I should be able to stay around 20-21 since the majority of my trip to work is highway.

Wouldn't it be awsome if Pontiac came out and made a G6 GTP an Hybrid model Version... :up :eureka :hungry:

I like the idea, but i'd have a few concerns:

1) The price would probably be pushed beyond what your typical pontiac driver would want to spend.

2) I could see a loss in power which is a big selling point for the GTP version

ok, i have no pics ( until i give the girl a make over), but thought i would chime in,,
i drive a 1984 Mercedes 190D,,now i drive this for 2 reasons
one, i drive this car because of incrediable MPG, even on petroDiesel can easily get in the 40s ( yes even right now on a 20yr old engine with 250K on it) but with second reason i drive this,i drive this car for free on recycled veg/cooking oil, i do this becuase i needed to find a way to save money with the many trips i was making to Childrens Hopsital of Phila with my daughter, but the fact is even with less trips now needed, i love the economy of it,, on this veg oil with no conversion parts yet added, this summer i was clocking about 50-51 miles per gal on recycled veg oil,, and with a 30$ injection line heater kit that i will eventually install, i heard others are clocking over 60 MPG..and biggest bonus is to every one,,, i am not pumping out any dangerous fumes, the exhaust is carbon neutra!oh forgot to mention,,insurance is very affordable being an old car and i get the alternative fuel income tax deduction! just thought i would share

I'll have pics of my brand new ride this weekend.

I would have gotten a diesel, but they are so damned expensive for a truck if you go brand new, which I had no choice.

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. Bought it will 70k miles, currently has 160k. Pretty much stock everything, just a new intake. Theres not really a car out there in my price range (under $50k) that I'd want to trade it in for.

Not the best picture:
0000309.JPG

I like the idea, but i'd have a few concerns:

1) The price would probably be pushed beyond what your typical pontiac driver would want to spend.

2) I could see a loss in power which is a big selling point for the GTP version

Someof the new hybrids out-performe their ICE only counterparts.

I read a little while back that Mitsubishi was looking at hybrid drives for performance reasons. Electric motors make boat-loads of torque.

The price is definately a concern though.

Attached is my new ride. The more I drive it the more I love it!!

The V6 really sounds more like a V8. I'm happy with the way Chevy built it. I'm considering even better, deeper sounding pipes for it though.

Attachments

• New Truck 001.jpg
    New Truck 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 98
  • New Truck 005.jpg
    New Truck 005.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 100
anyone know if Pontiac will still make the G6 GTP version for 2008... ?

The G6 will be around for '08. As for the GTP badge, who knows. I'm sure there will be a comperable trim that has a decent sized V6 and some other sporty options. There is also rumors of a GXP version too. Not sure if it will be using the same body, but it will be in the lineup.

Come '09 there may be a Pontiac G8 which has been rumored to be a 4-door version of the GTO. Yes, the GTO is no longer in production (for now), but the G8 will be RWD and have a nice beefy V8. This will probably end production of the Grand Prix.

The G6 will be around for '08. As for the GTP badge, who knows. I'm sure there will be a comperable trim that has a decent sized V6 and some other sporty options. There is also rumors of a GXP version too. Not sure if it will be using the same body, but it will be in the lineup.

Come '09 there may be a Pontiac G8 which has been rumored to be a 4-door version of the GTO. Yes, the GTO is no longer in production (for now), but the G8 will be RWD and have a nice beefy V8. This will probably end production of the Grand Prix.

Nice to know that... :up

I went to the dealer and they told me that theres "no option for Onstar" on the G6 Convertable... :mad: only on the sedan's

I went to the dealer and they told me that theres "no option for Onstar" on the G6 Convertable... :mad: only on the sedan's

What?! That doesnt make sense, since the OnStar functionality shouldn't matter on body style. The OnStar button should still be in the rearview mirror housing, and the audio through the speakers. Weird....

They probably didnt want to put the OnStar antenna somewhere else.

Maybe they will figure it out and put the antenna(s) in the outside rearview mirrors like they did on Corvette.

Daily is a lowly '03 Corolla automatic. Love it!

Family/outing sedan is a '04 MB E 320

Second family/outing sedan is an '05 Nissan Maxima

My toy/plaything/money pit is a 1993 VW Corrado VR6. Shown here with 2 different sets of wheels:
top_view2.jpg

europlaza_web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts