Picture 032.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 159
Daily and only driver now is my 96 dodge grand caravan LE model with the canadian gauge cluster.

My past cars I regret not having anymore.

1977 black on black Chevy Camaro, last year of the circular turn signals in the nose.

1986 gold on tan Pontia Fiero that I bought in 1993 with 19,000 miles on it and a year to the week later it caught on fire after the plug wires melted due to a lack of proper airflow to the engine comparment.

1966 Dark blood red on two tone burgundy Chrysler Newyorker my baby that I had such big plans for. Bought it off a guy on Ebay and took a bus from Detroit to Pasco washington to drive it back, was asured by the guy it was rode ready and after going over the car when I got there I paid him the money and off I went. Got to Spokane and changed the transfluid, marveled at the original split bolt exhuast and off I went. Made it to Kellog Idaho and did a tune up there and checked the antifreeze only to find it went from nice clean green to nestleys hot chocolate. Flushed the system and refilled, checked the oil and it was good with no film or froth, flushed it again in Sturgis and cruised down 80 all the way across south dakota livin life grand. Next day in Madison its cold and rainy and the overheat lights on, flushed it again with no luck, swapped the thermo and no luck so I took it out and on my way I went.

So I made it to Chicago and hit stop and go and sure enough the overheat comes on and I get off at what I would call big mexico. 20 mins later I get back on and sit in stop and go and the light goes off, stayed that way the rest of the way home. I replaced the water pump and a week later at the dream cruise it goes to overheat so its off to the house and while taking a break I read about a person with a similiar issue and replace the radiator cap and no more overheat, 4 months later the engine locks up.

hdtvtechno said:
Hey Quick question, when you want to test drive a car at a dealer, does the dealer agent, has to go test drive with you ? or is it an option...

Every time I have done one an agent of the car company had to go along and they got a copy of my license.

RedWings said:
Just bought this in July. '06 Pontiac G6 GTP
Tint1.jpg

When I travel, I always ask for the G6... Now that they have a GTP version it will go well with my T/A WS6 and my old Grand Prix GTP.

Just completing a vehicle upgrade this week.

leaving my beloved 1990 dodge caravan with aboiut 400,000 miles on it. I regret to see it go but I guess its time, like losing a member of the family:(

Had a existing 1992 dodge caravan with about a 100,000 miles bought a similiar 1994 voyager with 95,000 miles.

I use one for hauling stuff for my business, the other for everyday work. I fix laminators and drive all over the tri state area

my vehicles are working ones and I go in the inner city bad neighborhoods, older vehicles are less of a target.

my wife drives a 2005 chevy cobalt its been great, amazing no troubles at all:) Too bad all GM vehicles arent this good!

Did buy a garmin street pilot this week, it should make finding new customers much easier!

1999 Chevy S10

Owned since new

Wait for it.............

369500+ miles on original engine and tranny, currently on the 5th fuel pump (3rd this year---screw autozone.) The third picture is a about $1000 worth of new front suspension parts. I also have a nice 84 S10, but its a donor truck. I stole it---for $2800. It has a 350 and a built up tranny. My cousin was pissed because he had to replace the motor in his full size chevy---a 302, and it cost him $2100.

Attachments

• S5036740_1.JPG
    S5036740_1.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 118
  • S5036740.JPG
    S5036740.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 152
  • S5036739.JPG
    S5036739.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 107
hdtvtechno said:
Hey Quick question, when you want to test drive a car at a dealer, does the dealer agent, has to go test drive with you ? or is it an option...

When we test drove my wife's car, I almost made her and the salesman sh*t a brick. I was like "relax, I have insurance." Besides, it was the easiest sale that guy ever made. It's a 2000 celica. We were gonna get a white GT-S, but the one that my wife liked was $24,000. We were waiting on the sales guy to come back from a test drive with somebody else, when my wife made a snap decision. "I like the silver one better." It was at a different dealership, it was the GM's car (the salesman's dad), and it was $6,000 cheaper. No arguments here. She loves that car. Ask her if she wants "one of them (insert new car here)", and she says nope. Awesome. :D

kenny911 said:
Ok, who has no car payments on their ride? :)

My 1963 Studebaker is LONG paid for. My 2001 Sonoma has ONE! payment left on it. I am working on a 1957 Packard (Studebaker) wagon that I hope to have done by the time the snow flies here in CT. The pix of the wagon are right after it came out of the body shop. (Right near you Scott! Just up the street from the Berlin Fair grounds.)

Attachments

• 63Cruiserfront.jpg
    63Cruiserfront.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 63Cruiserside.jpg
    63Cruiserside.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 250
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 140
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 129
hdtvtechno said:
excuse my stupidity question..

but what does a ENGINE BLOCK HEATER do... ?

It warms the engine (and oil) making it easier to crank with a down on power cold battery in the dead of winter.

As a battery gets colder, it's ability to deliver power (amps and voltage) decreases. As an engine gets colder so does it's oil. As oil gets colder, it gets thicker and requires more power to pump. As the oil gets thicker, the oil film in the bearings causes more drag on the adjoining surfaces. This results in a cold engine needs more power to turn over. Bad situation for both scenarios when one wants to start a cold engine.

In the case of a cold diesel engine, in addition to the above mentioned factors, the block can be so cold that the needed heat for fuel ignition resulting from the high compresion ratios is not achieved. Thus the need for block heaters and starting fluid (ether) in diesel engines. Diesel fuel will also tend to gel if it isn't formulated for the low temperatures expected. When trucks are stalled in the winter, gelled fuel is a likely reason.

Last edited:
1999 Chevy S10

Owned since new

Wait for it.............

369500+ miles on original engine and tranny, currently on the 5th fuel pump (3rd this year---screw autozone.) The third picture is a about $1000 worth of new front suspension parts. I also have a nice 84 S10, but its a donor truck. I stole it---for $2800. It has a 350 and a built up tranny. My cousin was pissed because he had to replace the motor in his full size chevy---a 302, and it cost him $2100.

HEY a high mileage guy few of us around:( My van got replaced recently it had about 400,000 miles on it.

fuel pumps last longer if you keep your gas tank full, gasoline is the pumps coolant......

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

I recently sold my 1985 MB 300D Turbo and 2002 Blazer, and bought the Jeep Liberty CRD. It was kind of a way for me to combine the two (diesel engine and SUV). The Jeep is getting just over 30mpg on the highway....better than expected.

I use a blend of bio-diesel and dino-diesel. The warranty only supports up to a 5% blend, but I have used up to about a 70% blend. I ran 100% bio-diesel in the Mercedes. Around here, it is usually made from soybeans, although a bio-diesel plant is opening up nearby that will make it from yellow grease.

I know of at least one guy here at work running WVO in his VW TDI. He collects the used fat from a chinese restaurant. He strains it into a 55 gal drum in his garage. The VW has a two tank setup, the WVO tank is heated by the engine cooling system.

I'm considering trading in my 2002 Chevy Tracker 4dr base model automatic for a 2007 Silverado Classic Reg Cab WT with auto.

I get on average 21-22 MPG with the Tracker. It's a 4-cyl mind you.

The truck will have a 6-cyl. What kind of MPG can I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.