Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Yup!

d6d634b5db1d1b7dfed267d926ece197.jpg

DTV has a clause somewhere to let one out of the contract if they can't get your system working after 3 tries they will let you go with no EFT'S. the tech i had yesturday redoing my install aked me how i got out of the contract because even he said it's murder to get out of the contract with DTV!!!

i found it amusing when DTV billed the lady that passed on at 102 i think it was and it made the headlines.. i really don't know what the big stink was over it. it's simple just give DTV a copy of the death certificate and they write it off. this is just common practice of all business!!!

i found it amusing when DTV billed the lady that passed on at 102 i think it was and it made the headlines.. i really don't know what the big stink was over it. it's simple just give DTV a copy of the death certificate and they write it off. this is just common practice of all business!!!

Go read the article, the contract was in the name of the lady’s daughter.

Directv had no way of knowing the service was for the grandmother.

If it was in the grandmothers name, the family likely would have thrown the bill away.

So because the family went crying to the news media, Directv let the “Daughter” out of the contract.

It’s nice that Directv did the right thing, but for all intents and purposes the bill is in the daughters name.

I have setup many accounts in nursing homes for Directv. The family if they are smart will always put it in grandmas name so they can get out of the contract if grandma passes away.

I had a sales person once who thought he found a “gold mine” selling dish network to residents of a nursing home.

We did about 10 installs there, until I started to see accounts last about 30-45 days due to customers passing away.

This idiot was selling in a hospice nursing home, where people go to die.

We stopped selling there very quickly, as I had to explain to this kid that I was not in the business of providing free Tv to people who are about ready to pass away. He didn’t know what a hospice nursing home was.

Good thing was I ended up talking to the administrator and we sold the entire facility a private cable system with a nice little package of 24 channels. The facility paid the bill, which worked out for everyone as he was getting tired of people installing dishes all over the place for a few months

And Yes, when my Friend passed away years ago, I had to have his parents get a copy of his Death Certificate to get him out of his D* contract.
Sadly, it goes that that extreme.

And Yes, when my Friend passed away years ago, I had to have his parents get a copy of his Death Certificate to get him out of his D* contract.
that's with anyone they have done business with not just DTV. funny how people cry and complain about companies and places like the dmv wanting a copy of a death cert

Go read the article, the contract was in the name of the lady’s daughter.

Directv had no way of knowing the service was for the grandmother.

If it was in the grandmothers name, the family likely would have thrown the bill away.

So because the family went crying to the news media, Directv let the “Daughter” out of the contract.

It’s nice that Directv did the right thing, but for all intents and purposes the bill is in the daughters name.

I have setup many accounts in nursing homes for Directv. The family if they are smart will always put it in grandmas name so they can get out of the contract if grandma passes away.

I had a sales person once who thought he found a “gold mine” selling dish network to residents of a nursing home.

We did about 10 installs there, until I started to see accounts last about 30-45 days due to customers passing away.

This idiot was selling in a hospice nursing home, where people go to die.

We stopped selling there very quickly, as I had to explain to this kid that I was not in the business of providing free Tv to people who are about ready to pass away. He didn’t know what a hospice nursing home was.

Good thing was I ended up talking to the administrator and we sold the entire facility a private cable system with a nice little package of 24 channels. The facility paid the bill, which worked out for everyone as he was getting tired of people installing dishes all over the place for a few months
i did go back and re read it. i don't feel sorry for the daughter one bit. since she signed up with em then she is legally responsible for the contract!!! you can get out of the contract but there has to be a damm good reason for it. it's not easy but it can be done. but this isn't one of them!!!

Yeh that’s nothing new. When my father in law passed my wife had to provide copies of the death certificate to cancel/close everything under the sun

Reactions: dhpeeple1 and krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)