When are the new HD channels launching?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

solidsnakeiv

Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Marianna, FL
I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that directv is advertising an increase to over 200 hd channels "soon", does anybody have any idea what channels will be added and when this will happen?

I hope they don't add any channel now. Picture quality is clearly getting worse recently. The new bird will allow many new channels without sacrificing quality. 2nd quarter 2010 is when I expect new channels.

The commercials actually state that they'll soon have the CAPACITY for over 200 HD channels. It doesn't mean they'll actually have 200 soon. It's somewhat trying to mislead you.

What channels have you noticed a decrease in PQ on? Everything has held steady here.

The commercials actually state that they'll soon have the CAPACITY for over 200 HD channels. It doesn't mean they'll actually have 200 soon. It's somewhat trying to mislead you.
Trying to mislead? I dont agree. I have not seen the ad you guys are talking about but if it says capacity, I wouldnt say that is misleading. JMO

The 2nd biggest satellite system trolls once again putting their 2 cents when they feel a threat LOL, gotta love it with Directv

is the new satellite going to launch in 09 or beginning of 10....i noticed the boeing site is still saying a 09 launch.

YES.....

Only D* knows for sure and even at that, they can be delayed by the launch company.

As for channels, only one that knows that is D* themselves, not the employees.

Actually, I have noticed increased picture quality lately. There seems to be less pixilation during action scenes with explosions and the like.

I hope they don't add any channel now. Picture quality is clearly getting worse recently. The new bird will allow many new channels without sacrificing quality. 2nd quarter 2010 is when I expect new channels.

I am pissed at D* right now,but PQ is NOT one of my issues,its the one bright spot.but quality over quantity should be the policy.

My HD channels look great. Some shows that are shoot in Sd don't look to impresive but most of the time I don't think the channel quality is bad. I got a Sony LCD and upconvert the regular channels pretty good too.

They actually have the capacity and do have 200 HD channels carried now. Many of them are PPVs and RSNs (which are still on CONUS).

The 2nd biggest satellite system trolls once again putting their 2 cents when they feel a threat LOL, gotta love it with Directv

Kind of ironic, you calling other people trolls. BTW, what is the largest satellite system?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts