When Blindscanning Are New Tp's Automatically Scanned in?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
When I did a Vertical Blindscan on 99.0W it said: Found Tp = 19, New =19. Then my Premium + AZbox scans in the channels and asks for a Save. Do those 19 New Tp's get Automatically scanned in for Channels, or do I have to Manually put / scan them in?

Thanks Stargaze and Beano_face. I knew that Azbox was saving the Found Tp's but I was wondering if it was saving the New Tp's that were found during the BlindScan.

I noticed that while blindscanning, there is a Total: and New:.
My understanding from watching the scam is that it will show the total that was found and how many new TPs were added.
When I add a new satellite and its settings, I would just input one active TP, go to DiSEqC 1.2, find satellite and fine tune. After saving the satellite, then I blindscan that satellite for the TPs.
It is that stage I notice how the Tps are accounted for during the scan. Say overall I scanned in 17 TPs. The Total: will show 17, and the New: would be 16. It showed the one I inputed and show the others that was scanned.
If you blindscan on the satellite that us already programmed in the receiver, then the Total: will reflect over all TPs scanned, and the New: will show how many of it is new TPs. The programmed satellites have its programmed TPs set by the company who made the receivers.
I like that.

Here is a nice trick (for a BLIND SCAN capable receiver):

If you have your satellite dish and motor aligned perfectly so that you may use USALS, then you may enter a new satellite through the ADD/EDIT SAT/TP menu and fill in the appropriate blanks for the satellite information, your switch and motor information, etc.

Then add in ONE TP: 11700 MHz, (H or V), with any arbitrary SR at your choosing, leave the FEC as AUTO and then go to the USALS menu and command the dish to "GO TO POSITION". When the dish stops moving, go to the blind scan menu and let it roll!

In other words, if you trust your dish alignment and don't need to use DiSEqC 1.2 motor control to actually line up the signal, then you DON'T require an active TP at all. Just dial in to the sat orbital location using USALS and BLIND SCAN for what is there.

You must enter one TP irregardless (to satisfy your reciever's logic - since it cannot have a totally blank slate to start), but if you don't know which TP is active, just pick the lowest TP frequency that is possible on the totem pole and enter that as your starting point. Actually, any TP frequency, as long as it is in the proper range will work. It's just easier for me to remember the lowest part of the band or the highest and it doesn't matter what you enter, as long as there is ONE TP recorded, active or not.

It works really well and very simply since you don't have to know what an active TP on that sat is. You just make something up that falls within the rules of the that sat's TPs availabilities and in accordance with your equipment. Then, you just program the sat position to use USALS, command it to go there, then tell it to blind scan.

Thought you might like to know one of the unseen benefits of having a properly aligned dish/motor and USALS motor positioning.

RADAR

The programmed satellites have its programmed TPs set by the company who made the receivers.
I like that.

If you look at them closer you will find that they included many of them that are DigiCipher channels which the receiver can not pick up.
Another reason I like to delete all but one tp that the company set up for N/A.

Radars post is spot on with respect that the receiver does need at least one TP under each satellite or it does not know how to perform its duties properly.

One more item I have seen over and over again is that after you delete the TP's on a satellite and then do a FTA Only blind scan, (in my case one polarity at a time), the receiver will not always add the frequencies it finds the first time around. It will save the newly scanned TP's in but even if you have a FTA channel it may not always add them to the channel list, a manual scan or a second blind-scan is all it takes at that time to have them added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts