When do the Christmas Channels Go Live?

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
I can't remember what the date or channel #'s from last year for Christmas Music

It's getting so stupid now.. It's to the point where the stores have Back to School stuff set up in May/June.. Before the kids are even OUT of school!! You walk into stores in July/August and see Halloween, and in September it's all Christmas, then at the beginning of December you already see Valentines day crap. UGH!!!

And this year I noticed it wasn't even just holiday.. Just regualr seasonal stuff is out earlier - I went into Home Depot beginning of September, when it was 105 degrees, and saw the snowblowers sitting out on display. :eek:

I also remember when I was a kid, the radio stations played a Christmas tune like every 4th or 5th song, then all-Christmas on the night of the 24th and all day the 25th. This whole wall-to-wall 2 months of Christmas music is insane.... :rolleyes: :rant:

So ttue on the Christmas stuff so early...now the Black riday is earlier here in Florida and probably all around thecountry.....have no money anyways..LOL

I'd take year-round Christmas music to celebrate the birth of my Lord -- I just want variety, not the same songs by different (and often bad) artists each hour.
Give me creative and catchy new songs like "His Favorite Christmas Story" by Capitol Lights (which still makes me cry every time I hear it) or "Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

I always listen to my old radio airchecks from the 1970's and 80's. I miss the old disc jockeys and loved the Christmas eve and Christmas day radio broadcast. I recorded some with an old Radio Shack recorder as a kid . WBZ would play the old Christmas Carol Radio Broadcast etc. Our local station had a call in show to talk to Santa Claus etc. I don't know if anyone does that anymore. My kids like listening to it.

I am looking forward to the launch of Holly next week, sure its early, but with the snow storm last week and the contest we got going I am in the holiday mood. :)

Too bad the new SiriusXM Lynx is not out yet, would be fun to give one of those away too... (although I want one to replace my Pioneer Inno) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts