When Selling a Reciever...

babyj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Houston, TX
My parents needed to watch 2 international channels. so i ordered dish for them. I got the superdish and 2 301 recievers. They put one in my room. other than the time the installer turned it on..i havent touched that thing. so i was wondering if i can get rid of it on ebay or something. but heres my question..do i call dish to tell them that i am selling it? do i include the acess card? is it safe to sell one reciever while the account is still active..

thanks.

babyj said:
My parents needed to watch 2 international channels. so i ordered dish for them. I got the superdish and 2 301 recievers. They put one in my room. other than the time the installer turned it on..i havent touched that thing. so i was wondering if i can get rid of it on ebay or something. but heres my question..do i call dish to tell them that i am selling it? do i include the acess card? is it safe to sell one reciever while the account is still active..

thanks.

you need to deactive you card before you sell but you will have to sell the card with the receiver so the new buy can trade the card for a new one cause they will not give them a new card if they don't have the old one or if there is money owed on that account.

babyj said:

thanks.
You also should check with DISH to be sure you own the receivers. DISH is leasing a lot of their equipment instead of selling it to the customer and you can't sell their property. :) :) :)

Just call

I just called and deactivated the receiver from my account. Never heard of trading the card in though.

Here's another good reason to de-activate it. Whoever buys it could easily order PPV's and then as soon as they connect it to the phone line it would add those PPV's to your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts