when switching to game mode, other TV2 changes channel by itself

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
I have 3 TV's hooked up to one 722 DVR. TV2 is in my son's room as well as my bedroom. When he plays XBox, he switches his TV to the game mode. When that happens, my TV shows the floating icon that says to change it to SAT. When I do that, my TV immediately changes it's channel to 23 (it's on ch 60 for SAT). When I manually change it back to 60 with the Dish remote, the icon reappears and it starts all over again.

I can get it to finally work when I use my original TV remote to change it back to ch 60.

Anyone else have this problem?

When your son changes his TV to view the XBox, does he use the Dish remote to do so?

Make sure to read last sentence-this should help.

SAT Auto-Tune

The SAT Auto-Tune feature allows you to program the remote to always tune to the correct channel used for watching DISH Network programming when the SAT mode button is pressed. This feature is most usefol for TV2.

Press and hold the TV mode button. All four mode buttons will light up.

Press and release the STAR (*) button. The TV mode button will light up.

Using the number pad, enter the TV channel required for viewing DISH Network programming. The TV mode button will light up.

Press and release the POUND (#) button. The TV mode button will flash three times.

Press and release the SAT mode button. The SAT mode button will light up.

SAT Auto-Tune is now active on your remote.

To remove the SAT Auto-Tune channel, enter "00" for the channel in Step 3.

Ok, so what they're trying to say is that your son goes into TV mode on his remote to switch the input on his TV. Pushing SAT mode will fix that, but not yet. The other problem you're having is that the remote is set to automatically change your TV channel when you hit SAT mode. Like with the previous instructions, hold TV mode until all modes are lit, press * 0 0 #

Setting auto-tune correctly has it's own rewards. But turning off auto-tune on 3 remotes and also hitting the sat button on at least one of them every time this happens is harder than avoiding the problem in the first place by having the OP's son use the TV's remote to switch inputs to his Xbox.

If you use auto tune, you need to put in a 3 digit code. So for channel, you would enter "060".

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)