When will it be time to change the name of the site?

I dont think those numbers can be close. I have Direct, but get MLB season ticket from T-Mobile,I have NFL ticket, have Netflix, and get Prime with Amazon. Now one house, has 4 services.

How do those numbers get crunched?
I did it, look under Jimbo’s post.

Interesting opinion piece on Disney and their latest SEC filings.

"Further, consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands.”

In other words, "we're gonna push our agendas whether the consumer likes it or not."

Sounds like a warning to investors.

More bad news for streaming, at least as far as Disney is concerned-

Looks like it's not quite time to turn out the lights on this site after all ;)
All movies are doing bad right now, compared to pre covid, for example Thanksgiving 4 day weekend 2019 was well over $250 Million.

This year, $120 Million.

And for those that criticize streaming, give me one piece of good news that Cable/Satellite is stopping the exodus, they just lost another 1.7 Million in the 3rd quarter.

Lastly, these same studios that produce for streaming, also produce shows for Paid Live TV.

Box Office being way down is bad for all, not just streaming.

All movies are doing bad right now, compared to pre covid, for example Thanksgiving 4 day weekend 2019 was well over $250 Million.

This year, $120 Million.

And for those that criticize streaming, give me one piece of good news that Cable/Satellite is stopping the exodus, they just lost another 1.7 Million in the 3rd quarter.

Lastly, these same studios that produce for streaming, also produce shows for Paid Live TV.

Box Office being way down is bad for all, not just streaming.

Post #42 should be a clear warning for Disney investors. They come right out and warn that they're alienating audiences. That's not a winning business strategy.

Reactions: dhpeeple1
Post #42 should be a clear warning for Disney investors. They come right out and warn that they're alienating audiences. That's not a winning business strategy.
I work for Disney.

First, they are still a profitable company, in the billions.

Second, what issues they are having, all of the studios are having.

One thing that is affecting all of them, their Broadcast/Cable Channels have lost 30 Million per sub fees due to Cord Cutting/Nevers/Dying, that is billions of dollars they are no longer getting.

As far as movie Box Office goes, the first Hunger Games made $248 Million in it’s first two weeks, this new one that opened 2 weeks ago, $98 Million in the same amount of time, actually had a better slot, Thanksgiving, then the 1st movie, which was in March 2012.

That is made by Lionsgate, but everyone wants to bash Disney.

Reactions: mackie99
All the more reason to rethink their strategy and stop trying to force woke agendas down people's throats.
Not sure Disney's content is any more or less woke than it has been for a long time, so I assume you are referring to their political stances in the real world. I've just find most of their recent content pretty bland and/or repetitive, aside from Andor and Moon Knight.

Last edited:
Reactions: comfortably_numb
I don't recall seeing any other recent SEC filings that point to a wanton disregard for large portions of a company's audience, other than Disney.
1) SEC filings contain warnings of ALL sorts. They literally have to because that's the whole point of the exercise. They will list ANYTHING that could affect them, up to acts of God.
2) Large portions of the company's audience is kids. Kids don't care about politics.
3) No other company has ever been systematically targeted by a government agency to the point that their business bears significant risk of repercussions from that.

Regardless of your political affiliation, the above items are incontrovertible facts. Anything else you want to take from the SEC filing is editorializing.

No other company has ever been systematically targeted by a government agency to the point that their business bears significant risk of repercussions from that.

This is a joke, right? Like no business or non-profit wasn't targeted by gov't during covid?

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Disney.

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF

As far as all movies doing poorly, that isn't really true. Oppenheimer and Barbie (actually released the same day this year from different studios) both did waaaaay above expectations $950 million and 1.38 billion, respectively. I think the real problem is that most movies right now are bad and/or not interesting enough for people to feel an immediate need to go see them so they just wait until they are released at home.