When will it be time to change the name of the site?

LOL!!!

I agree... Re-training regarding the ADA is what I was hoping to hear from the management.
The problem is, those damn kids do not care, handle the issue as fast as possible so they can get back to doing more important things, like watching TikTok videos.

By the way, my first year of retirement in 2019, we were going to the movies a lot for something fun and cheap to do ( early show ) the year before we moved, my wife just started using her Walker instead of her cane, no one said anything, we were going about once to twice a week.

My wife and I with our two daughters tried to enter a local theater to watch Killers of the Flower Moon courtesy of our daughter's employer. I was surprised when we got our tickets and entered the lobby where I was stopped by an usher and told I could not take my walker into the theater. Since I can't walk without it, we asked for the manager. He looked to be about 20 years old, and backed up the usher's edict. Disappointed, we asked for our passes back and left. When I emailed the AMC theaters management about the situation, informing them it was a violation of the ADA. They wrote back and apologized, asking for my address so they could send me a free ticket and coupon for a free popcorn and drink. Sure, that made it all better. :)
I know the feeling and situation all to well. When I am angry enough I reach out to the DOJ!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Indeed, youth is wasted on the young.
Not youth, just how some are raised, for me Army, College ( and working 2 part time jobs to pay for it, GI Bill is not enough), real job, etc.

My kids, College, real life, both have real jobs, son works on teams that designs/updates apps for media companies, daughter does private teaching for the rich moms that claim they homeschool their kids.

Only movie I saw in a theater this year was Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I may go see the new Wonka movie next month as I am a lover of all things Wonka.

There was nothing else I wanted to see.
I'm actually interested in Wonka too. Thinking we will take the kids for the Christmas season. No clue how well that will do, but I felt a real sense of nostalgia with the trailer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNh9bTjXWg

The problem is, those damn kids do not care, handle the issue as fast as possible so they can get back to doing more important things, like watching TikTok videos.

By the way, my first year of retirement in 2019, we were going to the movies a lot for something fun and cheap to do ( early show ) the year before we moved, my wife just started using her Walker instead of her cane, no one said anything, we were going about once to twice a week.
I've since had some folks tell me about another local theater that's very accommodating to the disabled that need to do things a little differently than able bodied folks. We'll try there when the opportunity comes along.

My wife and I with our two daughters tried to enter a local theater to watch Killers of the Flower Moon courtesy of our daughter's employer. I was surprised when we got our tickets and entered the lobby where I was stopped by an usher and told I could not take my walker into the theater. Since I can't walk without it, we asked for the manager. He looked to be about 20 years old, and backed up the usher's edict. Disappointed, we asked for our passes back and left. When I emailed the AMC theaters management about the situation, informing them it was a violation of the ADA. They wrote back and apologized, asking for my address so they could send me a free ticket and coupon for a free popcorn and drink. Sure, that made it all better. :)
What was the reason they gave why you couldn't take your walker inside the theater? I mean theaters have had an isle for wheelchairs to go for years. :rolleyes:

What was the reason they gave why you couldn't take your walker inside the theater? I mean theaters have had an isle for wheelchairs to go for years. :rolleyes:
He said it would be too disruptive for the other patrons. As far as I could tell, that section of the theater couldn't have been more 25% full, so I have no idea who I would be "disrupting". My take is that he's a kid that likes throw his limited "authority" around. The bigger issue is that the young manager backed him up...

He said it would be too disruptive for the other patrons. As far as I could tell, that section of the theater couldn't have been more 25% full, so I have no idea who I would be "disrupting". My take is that he's a kid that likes throw his limited "authority" around. The bigger issue is that the young manager backed him up...
Look at the DOJ website and file a complaint! Its not right.

I'll look, but at this point I'm ready to let it go. I don't need the stress...
I understand. I was disabled at 44. I use a Service Dog. This gets me very angry that people cant wrap their head around being discriminated for nothing you have done. How many other people and excuses have they used? Its not right and not fair!

We have tickets for Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom movie that comes out on 12/22/23. It costed us $43.71 for three tickets to a matinee feature at 9:45am using Fandango. I can't imagine what it would cost for the evening feature.:oops:
Why are you buying tickets with Fandango, it is a matinee, extremely doubtful it will be sold out, buy at the box office, avoid that damn service fee.

I just looked up the theater we always went to back home, State Wayne Theater in Wayne, Michigan, Aquaman 9:45am Friday 12/22 $5 a ticket.

• Wow
Reactions: MikeD-C05
I would have at least caught it on video with with a smartphone, so there is evidence. Also, you can leave a review on Google or Yelp after the fact that the actual theater management are likely to see. People aren't just going to learn this stuff on their own and the world will be a better place. You've got to put their nose in it to get results. But that's just me.

I would have at least caught it on video with with a smartphone, so there is evidence. Also, you can leave a review on Google or Yelp after the fact that the actual theater management are likely to see. People aren't just going to learn this stuff on their own and the world will be a better place. You've got to put their nose in it to get results. But that's just me.
Management is aware of the whole incident. They offered me a free ticket and popcorn. On the other hand, my wife and I went to a new to us restaurant for lunch today, and the young lady seating us had no problem politely asking several people to move their chairs a bit so I could get through easier with my walker and not have to wait for a table closer to the door. No one seemed at all put out and quickly complied. I tried to thank them all as we passed by. There are good people out there...

Management is aware of the whole incident. They offered me a free ticket and popcorn. On the other hand, my wife and I went to a new to us restaurant for lunch today, and the young lady seating us had no problem politely asking several people to move their chairs a bit so I could get through easier with my walker and not have to wait for a table closer to the door. No one seemed at all put out and quickly complied. I tried to thank them all as we passed by. There are good people out there...
And it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!