When you add programing from dish's website how long does it take to be added?

VaDavid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
If i add a channel on dish's website or add HBO to my account online how long does it take to go into affect?

VaDavid said:
If i add a channel on dish's website or add HBO to my account online how long does it take to go into affect?
I added HBO that way 3 months ago to take advantage of $25 refund, it came on instantly. As soon as I got off order screen and went to ch. 300 it was there.

SORRY I misread your post I ordered from channel 100 .

VaDavid said:

It should be immediate. Although, I've tried adding programming over the past several weeks via the website and get an error message every time. If you do it, post whether or not it works.

I did it last week and the first time it did not go through. I kept waiting and then went to the site once more and saw that nothing was added. I re-add the programming and it worked.

I've never used the website, but after the HBO free preview was over, I added it via their interactive phone service and it was active by the time I hung up and went to check my Guide.

SimpleSimon said:
You have to remember that their website programmers are the guys that aren't good enough to work on DVRs. :rolleyes:

I know that's right. More than a week after my address became eligible for a SV channel, I still can't actually get it. In fact, no one in my area that I've talked to has yet been able to get it. We didn't just get it automatically with our existing local package; we have to upgrade to the new local package that has it which has thus far proven to be entirely impossible. Excellent work, DISH!

SimpleSimon said:
You have to remember that their website programmers are the guys that aren't good enough to work on DVRs. :rolleyes:
Which is probably why you can get more than 2 distances via the website (I love my Mini-Sunday Ticket) :D

Derwin0 said:
Which is probably why you can get more than 2 distances via the website (I love my Mini-Sunday Ticket) :D

Same here mini-Sunday ticket rulez :p too bad we can only get CBSHD E&W, we need FOXHD now :smug .

chaddux said:
It should be immediate. Although, I've tried adding programming over the past several weeks via the website and get an error message every time. If you do it, post whether or not it works.

Make sure you disable any pop-up blocker, or allow popups from dishnetwork.com.

Derwin0 said:
you can add all five distant cities just select 2 at time via website add em then select 2 more cities add them then add your final city
gotta love dish's inept website crew
thanks charlie for the glitch in the website

JPointerWI said:
Make sure you disable any pop-up blocker, or allow popups from dishnetwork.com.

That has nothing to do with it. DISH's add programming function doesn't use pop-ups. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing a pop-up from DISH's website. Looking at my log, I don't see a single pop-up kill from dishnetwork.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)