Where are my locals in "The List"

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I have EA. Today, I started losing signal on some of my locals. I went to a personal spreadsheet that I used to use to keep track of signal stengths. I haven't looked at in a year. Given the signal loss today, I started comparing signal strengths. There are transponders that formerly had readings, but today they do not. I assume there have just been changes to 61.5 since I last looked, and frankly I haven't kept up with those sorts of things on the forum.

So, to narrow down my search for which transponder my locals were on, I first first went to one of the locals that's giving me trouble this morning and went to menu-->6-->1-->1. Previously, this would bring up the sat and transponder where that channel was located. I noticed it took a good 30 seconds or more to find the satellite, but when it did, it said I had a strength of 61 (decent for EA). This is being called a spotbeam 24 on 61.5.

There's some cloud cover, but since I've gotten EA a few years ago, it's taken a lot more than that to lose signal.

Why can't I find my locals under EA on "The List"? I'm in the Dallas, TX DMA and one of the channels of concern is KXAS (6385 mapped to 05).

Why can't I find my locals under EA on "The List"? I'm in the Dallas, TX DMA and one of the channels of concern is KXAS (6385 mapped to 05).

ever since they launched the new satellite the spotbeam numbers have been weird on thelist. I thought Digiblur was fixing that

Thanks for the feedback. Given there have probably been many changes since I last looked at my personal log of signal strengths, I need some guidance. In the past, there was a list of select transponders with average signal strengths that one could compare to see if they're getting roughly what other folks are getting. I assume that list is no longer valid. Can I get a rough idea of which transponders I should check and what signal strengths I should be getting? (I have DISH 1000.4).

I lost Houston locals( 61.5 on eastern arc dish) this morning around 10:00 am or so. They did come back eventually, but the regular sat channels stayed on and so did ota. Just the sat locals went off and the sign popped up :We are sorry , no need to call, we are working on the problem....

I noticed my Houston locals had moved from transponder 13 on spotbeam and now are on transponder 23 spotbeam. I tested by using the signal strength /check switch menu. Beaumont Texas locals are also not showing and they are not mentioned on the list anymore as to what transponder that they are on, or spotbeam. Just a ? mark in the total Texas list of dmas. I also noticed that for some reason all the 77 satellite signal strengths have gone up now into the mid 60s to upper 70s on all transponders except 14 & 26 which showed 0. Did they finally replace the old 77 satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)