Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

That's an ULTRA annoying thing about the PSN. Apparently they don't update their games when patches are released, meaning that when you buy a game, you almost ALWAYS have to download patches when you launch, and quite often patches are the entire game updated.

Well Kate Shepard just stomped a mud hole in the collectors asses, so now it's on to Mass Effect 3. Just found out I have about $70 on a Gamestop gift card, so now there's no excuse for me to not finish the mission and apparently be disappointed with the ending.

Funny how history repeats itself..

I was planning on waiting for a price decrease and a bug fixing of ME3 before I picked it up, but then I realized that with my wife's impending due date a mere 2 months away, my free time is going to take a significant hit in the near future. I don't think I'll be able to hold off until things die down to buy the game, so like I did with ME2, I'm going to grind to finish up the game before my child is born. And then I'll probably again do like I did with ME2 and do a first playthrough with a good Shepard and no DLC and then take a break and pick up the game again once more DLC has been released with my evil Shepard.

Well I just beat Mass Effect 3 and here's my thoughts..

To start, there is not as great of a change between ME2 to ME3 as there was from ME to ME2, so people who are familiar with the previous game will have no issues picking up this one. There are a few tweaks here and there but there's nothing drastically different or anything that will take a negligable time picking up. The game continues the time honored tradition of top notch acting and storytelling along with fun, if a little repetitive combat.

One segment that truly sticks out in my mind is
When you must choose which of two warring races must die. Unless you did a LOT of stuff a particular way in the previous games, it is impossible to keep both alive, so it is up to you to decide which must die, and given the fact that you have a member of each race with you when you make the decision does not make it any easier. One race ends up jumping off a cliff in sadness (literally), while the other tries to kill you to ensure you do not end their race, although obviously they do not succeed and it is not done out of anger, but rather to ensure their survival. Neither answer is more "right" than the other, in that one does not give you good vs bad points so neither really has a benefit so it really seems to have more of a personal touch. I ended up seeing both scenarios play out and ended up choosing which I felt was more "good" at the time to coincide with my "heroic" quest, but I was in a legitimate funk for the next few hours after making the decision and continuing with my game.
Bioware is truly in a class by itself in terms of providing a strong narrative that doesn't fall into the Metal Gear scenario of COMPLETELY overtaking the actual gameplay.

Of course, most of the press and attention that Mass Effect 3 has been garnering has not been related to it's gameplay or storytelling, but rather, it's ending. Anger and outcry over Mass Effect's 3 ending has even driven Bioware to pledge to release free DLC that would further explain the game's ending. I personally avoided any news or learning about the ending while playing so I could have as "pure" of an experience as I could. After playing about 40 hours of ME3 from beginning to end, I can certainly understand why people are so pissed. Although to be fair, I would say that the actual game "ending" isn't just the short "WTF just happened?" event that most people are complaining about, but rather a 15+ minute sequence that you do have some control over and have to navigate with no combat or any decisions of any real consequence. In that regard I'd say that the ending is quite intriguing, but there still is no denying the fact that for a story as rich and involving as that of Mass Effect, the amount of questions the game leaves unanswered is beyond staggering.

Hopefully the upcoming DLC will satisfy everyone and ME3 will instead be remembered for what it really is, which is another strong entry in one of the most epic Sci-fi series in gaming history. I can easily recommend this game and like it's predecessor it is a likely candidate for GOTY. I give it an A-

Just finished beating Prototype 2...

I obviously can't speak for others but for me, Prototype 1 probably ranks in my Top 10 favorite games of all time. The series was overshadowed by it's more lauded competitor inFamous, and while I will agree that as an overall package and sum of all parts that the inFamous series was better overall, for me Prototype was more memorable because it was just more fun to play. The wide variety of personal weapons along with the pervertedly inhumane way they were applied to enemies just made the game more satisfying as opposed to just shooting lightening bolts up everyones' butt.

The sequel plays it rather safe by being more of a refinement of the original as opposed to a drastic overhaul. It falls into that common review of "If you liked/disliked the original, you'll like/dislike the sequel," which isn't a bad thing if you liked the original. And since I did very much enjoy the original I also very much enjoyed it's sequel, although I'm not sure if I enjoyed it more. The main draw is the combat and control. You can leap huge distances with a single jump, run up walls, float great distances across the sky, and once you actually need to kill something, oh boy.. Do you pick your "Freddy Kreuger-esque" nails that slice and dice opponents, or do you pick the standard blade arm, or maybe the bladed whip that nicely separates enemy top halves and bottom halves? This is just a small sample of all that you can do, but luckily the gamed doesn't overburden you with killing options. You can almost feel how painful the moves are that you are executing and I (in my own sick way) found that made the game much more personally satisfying.

While various combat mechanics and side quests were improved upon, the actual story and the players involved took a step back in my opinion. For the uninitiated, the basic plot of Prototype revolves around Alex Mercer, a worker at a company called Gentek that releases a virus in Manhattan that basically has the same effect as the viruses that the Umbrella corporation was known for, while also giving Alex incredible powers that he uses to fight the virus creators. While he ends up saving the day in the first game, for the sequel he actually becomes the antagonist in the sequel. The same virus that infected NY in the first game is actually released again in this game, except that it takes out other parts of the metropolitan area besides just Manhattan. Alex also decides to infect a war veteran named Heller in the sequel in hopes of making him some sort of right hand man to help take down those responsible for creating the virus.

As you can tell, this isn't exactly a deep or even very original plot (although I did leave some details out as to not be a spoiler). In addition, as weird as this may sound, the implausability of the plot is a little too much to deal with at times. The game hardly feels the need to even give an explanation at times. New York is basically under the control of a Private Military Corporation that is so over the top evil that you can't even really take it seriously. On maybe 1 or 2 occassions a member of Blackwatch/Gentek would question the ethics of what they were doing to the population, while other times the people are so evil that you start to wonder if they're actually the Daleks in disguise. Why isn't the National Guard here? Where is the support or protest from some of the NYC Neighbors? Beyond just that, the people involved aren't exactly deep or ambiguous. It's not hard to tell who is going to turn on you and who are more than meets the eye.

Still, as I pointed out before, it's the action and gameplay that are the main draw and in that department the game is very successful. I suppose the only real question is if you should play Prototype 1, 2, or both. Well ideally I'd say play both, but if you're stuck with only 1 of them I'd pick the sequel. The upgrades in gameplay and balance more than make up for the downgrades in story and character work. Also, to be fair, it's not as though the story and such in Prototype 1 was that great to begin with. Yes it was better, but as a great game commentator once said, "Better does not equal good." Also, the sequel includes a nice wrap up of the previous game for you to watch that basically sums up all you need to know about what you missed.

In conclusion, Prototype 2 deserves your attention. It's probably the closest you'll ever come to feeling like a super hero, and unlike some heroes, there's no "moral code" holding you back from jumping on a guy and literally beating him to death with fists the size of tires from a monster truck. I give it an A-.

Well I just beat Mass Effect 3 and here's my thoughts..

To start, there is not as great of a change between ME2 to ME3 as there was from ME to ME2, so people who are familiar with the previous game will have no issues picking up this one. There are a few tweaks here and there but there's nothing drastically different or anything that will take a negligable time picking up. The game continues the time honored tradition of top notch acting and storytelling along with fun, if a little repetitive combat.

One segment that truly sticks out in my mind is
When you must choose which of two warring races must die. Unless you did a LOT of stuff a particular way in the previous games, it is impossible to keep both alive, so it is up to you to decide which must die, and given the fact that you have a member of each race with you when you make the decision does not make it any easier. One race ends up jumping off a cliff in sadness (literally), while the other tries to kill you to ensure you do not end their race, although obviously they do not succeed and it is not done out of anger, but rather to ensure their survival. Neither answer is more "right" than the other, in that one does not give you good vs bad points so neither really has a benefit so it really seems to have more of a personal touch. I ended up seeing both scenarios play out and ended up choosing which I felt was more "good" at the time to coincide with my "heroic" quest, but I was in a legitimate funk for the next few hours after making the decision and continuing with my game.
Bioware is truly in a class by itself in terms of providing a strong narrative that doesn't fall into the Metal Gear scenario of COMPLETELY overtaking the actual gameplay.

Of course, most of the press and attention that Mass Effect 3 has been garnering has not been related to it's gameplay or storytelling, but rather, it's ending. Anger and outcry over Mass Effect's 3 ending has even driven Bioware to pledge to release free DLC that would further explain the game's ending. I personally avoided any news or learning about the ending while playing so I could have as "pure" of an experience as I could. After playing about 40 hours of ME3 from beginning to end, I can certainly understand why people are so pissed. Although to be fair, I would say that the actual game "ending" isn't just the short "WTF just happened?" event that most people are complaining about, but rather a 15+ minute sequence that you do have some control over and have to navigate with no combat or any decisions of any real consequence. In that regard I'd say that the ending is quite intriguing, but there still is no denying the fact that for a story as rich and involving as that of Mass Effect, the amount of questions the game leaves unanswered is beyond staggering.

Hopefully the upcoming DLC will satisfy everyone and ME3 will instead be remembered for what it really is, which is another strong entry in one of the most epic Sci-fi series in gaming history. I can easily recommend this game and like it's predecessor it is a likely candidate for GOTY. I give it an A-

I just completed ME3 myself and concur with all your comments. I never played ME1, but ME2 is one of my favorite games and they definitely upped the quality ante in ME3 (graphics are improved, loading times are better, WTF? things like not being able to replenish your medi-gel when you get back to the ship are changed, planet scanning was streamlined and more rewarding, the ability to purchase anything from the Normandy, different strategies for evolving abilities/modding weapons, etc.) The biggest problem I had was with the heavy weapon change. Almost every major combat situation I had to get through it without one (playing on Hardcore difficulty) because I didn't realize there was one, at select times, available to me somewhere on the map. They should have had EDI's voice chime in when there was one saying, "Heavy weapon detected for your use, Commander," so I would at least know to look for one.

Oddly, I didn't recall the decision you explained in the spoiler.
If you are referring to the geth/quarian debacle, I don't recall having to choose one over the other. A dialogue option enabled me to resolve the conflict peacefully. Perhaps your reputation rating wasn't high enough at the time to see the blue/red options in that situation...or maybe you're talking about something entirely different.

As for the ending, as I too was aware of the backlash without knowing specifics, I was prepared for the worst and was actually satisfied, temporarily anyway, until I started looking at the plot holes and reading other people's comments about it. Yes, it was lacking in many ways for such an epic trilogy, but not the huge disappointment I expected. My biggest problem was I didn't know how to make the final choice; only one path seemed available to me (straight ahead for the "green" ending), as I didn't realize I could deviate toward the other two directions. Oh well, it was the choice I would have made anyway.

One final note, though I'm normally not one to play online shooters (mostly because I totally suck and it gets pretty repetitive running around shooting other people in the same maps), I am enjoying the ME3 multiplayer. I love being able to use biotic and tech abilities, so my success isn't based on my non-existent skill of shooting moving targets in the head while running in circles around them. I've now become obsessed with unlocking the different races/classes and getting to play with different sets of abilities (except soldier of course :p)

As I mentioned, in order to not have to choose one or the other you have to fulfill a rather lengthy list of things. I did not save Tali from exile because my rep wasn't high enough at the time and apparently that's a requirement. I do recommend either going back or watching the choices made on YouTube because they are conveyed very well and it is heartbreaking in both scenarios in my opinion.

As far as multiplayer goes I found it to be competent but lacking. It plays fine and overall it is enjoyable but it feels incredibly tacked on and I'm about 99% positive that it is why Mass Effect 3 had that final delay. I'll probably play it again sometime soon but it's definitely not my go to multiplayer experience.

As far as multiplayer goes I found it to be competent but lacking. It plays fine and overall it is enjoyable but it feels incredibly tacked on and I'm about 99% positive that it is why Mass Effect 3 had that final delay. I'll probably play it again sometime soon but it's definitely not my go to multiplayer experience.

As much as I enjoy it as a casual MP player, ME3 multiplayer is the dictionary definition of tacked on. Makes you wonder how much EA pushed them to do it so they could sell online codes for people buying used or renting. I also don't like the idea that it may be partly responsible for the half-assed (rushed) ending and delays for more single-player DLC. It seems Dragon Age III may suffer a similar fate.

As much as I enjoy it as a casual MP player, ME3 multiplayer is the dictionary definition of tacked on. Makes you wonder how much EA pushed them to do it so they could sell online codes for people buying used or renting. I also don't like the idea that it may be partly responsible for the half-assed (rushed) ending and delays for more single-player DLC. It seems Dragon Age III may suffer a similar fate.
Personally I think they did it as good as an online pass can be with the free DLC thy bundled with ME2. Making the Prothean the included DLC would have been awesome and a great way to reward new buyers.

The online pass thing is such a turnoff. I avoided getting Battlefield 3 forever because of the online pass requirement for multiplayer since I play most games on Gamefly. I ended up finally getting the game used from them for $13.81, and it includes the code.

After much delay I finally finished "Arkham City."

Pretty much the best way to describe AC is to say that it is like Arkham Asylum, but only bigger since it is more of a sandbox game than AA was. But bigger isn't always better, which I feel is the case with this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun and it gets my full recommendation but I feel that AA was better than AC if only because it was more focused and more enjoyable in that regard. The game has numerous villians from the Batman mythos, but since there are so many they all have to share screen time and most of them are reduced to near cameo levels as opposed to having a significant impact. Also, I'm not sure who decided that Joker HAD to be the main villain again. At least this is helped by Mark Hamill and his awesome performance as the Joker, and all the actors of characters in general do a good job. Still I preferred the focused plot of AA with it's 3 main antagonists as opposed to the schizophrenic focus of AC. Oh, and while the inclusion of Catwoman was a nice perk for new game buyers, it is by no means a crucial part of the game and can easily be avoided if cost is a big issue, although the game will likely have a GOTY release in the near future.

Overall this is a very good game that anyone who enjoyed the original must experience. My complaints about story and focus do not override the solid controls and gameplay the game has. I give it a B+.

AOh, and while the inclusion of Catwoman was a nice perk for new game buyers, it is by no means a crucial part of the game and can easily be avoided if cost is a big issue, although the game will likely have a GOTY release in the near future.

The GOTY actually releases on Tuesday (May 29) and will include all previous DLC as well as Harley Quinn's Revenge, a new story-based DLC that will be available for purchase on May 29 on the PSN and I assume Live.

From Amazon's listing:
The Game of the Year Edition includes Harley Quinn's Revenge. Now more dangerous than ever and leading a homicidal gang of her own, she is hell-bent on taking revenge against the Dark Knight.
Bonus content includes: Catwoman Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Arkham City Skins Pack and Challenge Map Pack
Download Batman Year One movie from PlayStation Network
Harley Quinn's Revenge contains over 2 hours of content, new storyline and enemies, play as both Batman and Robin, new environments and new collectables

Not bad for $50. I paid $60 in October and only got the Catwoman Pack.

I just completed ME3 myself and concur with all your comments. I never played ME1, but ME2 is one of my favorite games and they definitely upped the quality ante in ME3 (graphics are improved, loading times are better, WTF? things like not being able to replenish your medi-gel when you get back to the ship are changed, planet scanning was streamlined and more rewarding, the ability to purchase anything from the Normandy, different strategies for evolving abilities/modding weapons, etc.) The biggest problem I had was with the heavy weapon change. Almost every major combat situation I had to get through it without one (playing on Hardcore difficulty) because I didn't realize there was one, at select times, available to me somewhere on the map. They should have had EDI's voice chime in when there was one saying, "Heavy weapon detected for your use, Commander," so I would at least know to look for one.

Oddly, I didn't recall the decision you explained in the spoiler.
If you are referring to the geth/quarian debacle, I don't recall having to choose one over the other. A dialogue option enabled me to resolve the conflict peacefully. Perhaps your reputation rating wasn't high enough at the time to see the blue/red options in that situation...or maybe you're talking about something entirely different.

As for the ending, as I too was aware of the backlash without knowing specifics, I was prepared for the worst and was actually satisfied, temporarily anyway, until I started looking at the plot holes and reading other people's comments about it. Yes, it was lacking in many ways for such an epic trilogy, but not the huge disappointment I expected. My biggest problem was I didn't know how to make the final choice; only one path seemed available to me (straight ahead for the "green" ending), as I didn't realize I could deviate toward the other two directions. Oh well, it was the choice I would have made anyway.

One final note, though I'm normally not one to play online shooters (mostly because I totally suck and it gets pretty repetitive running around shooting other people in the same maps), I am enjoying the ME3 multiplayer. I love being able to use biotic and tech abilities, so my success isn't based on my non-existent skill of shooting moving targets in the head while running in circles around them. I've now become obsessed with unlocking the different races/classes and getting to play with different sets of abilities (except soldier of course :p)
Looks like we'll have a reason to fire up the game again..

Expanded Mass Effect 3 Ending Coming On June 26

Looks like we'll have a reason to fire up the game again..

Expanded Mass Effect 3 Ending Coming On June 26

I don't know that I'll replay my current save from the Cerberus Base attack again to get the expanded ending; instead, I will likely start a new playthrough on Insanity using new game plus or importing my fem shep. I wish they would let you see the new ending either by importing your existing completed ME3 save or just restarting the last very last mission where you make the final decision.

I don't know that I'll replay my current save from the Cerberus Base attack again to get the expanded ending; instead, I will likely start a new playthrough on Insanity using new game plus or importing my fem shep. I wish they would let you see the new ending either by importing your existing completed ME3 save or just restarting the last very last mission where you make the final decision.
Yeah the fact that I need to go back that far is rather annoying. I figured they would have you go back from when you get sucked into that destroyer or whatever. Now I need to go back like 2+ hours. I'll likely reload my male Shepard and then play through with my fem shep.

Yeah the fact that I need to go back that far is rather annoying. I figured they would have you go back from when you get sucked into that destroyer or whatever. Now I need to go back like 2+ hours. I'll likely reload my male Shepard and then play through with my fem shep.

OK, I just found that you can simply restart the final mission, that includes the ending, from the load menu to see the new endings without restarting from the Cerberus Base mission (provided you haven't done any other missions since seeing the original ending the first time).
Just select Restart Mission>Citadel: The Return, and it puts you at that point you mention of getting sucked into the Citadel.

Now that I've redone my synthesis ending with the new DLC installed, I'm a little underwhelmed about what this DLC added given the amount of time and 1.8 GB that went into it. Nonetheless, it did resolve some of the plotholes for me, which was my main issue with the original ending. I definitely feel a bit more closure and feel I got the ending I should have gotten originally.

I decided to get the full experience and restarted back on the Cerberus assault. Haven't had much time to play (surprisingly my 2 daughters haven't been sympathetic and allowed me to do so) but also I don't have much else to play for the time being, although Lollypop Chainsaw should be arriving today. Always look forward to another Suda 51 "Trip"..

Just beat Lollipop Chainsaw..

This game has a unique distinction of having it's lead creative designers be Suda 51 and the director of the Scooby Doo movie. Honestly, that's what the game feels like as well, not that that's necessarily a bad thing depending on your tastes, but like a bitter liquor, this game will likely appeal to a small audience and leave a weird taste in others' mouths.

The game doesn't have much of a plot. A cheerleader named Juliet Starling is a zombie hunter who has the unfortunate circumstance of having a zombie outbreak occur on, of all days, her birthday. It's up to her, her boyfriend's decapitated head and the other zombie hunters in her family to save the day.

Gameplay wise it's a standard 3rd person hack and slash somewhat akin to No More Heroes, although the combat engine is more in depth somewhat akin to God of War (although not nearly as fast and fluid.) Combos are key to success as well as for getting the most "cash" which is used at various stores in the levels to upgrade your character and add even more combos/special attacks.

The combat can get addicting at times, where finesse and powerful attacks can carve up zombies like a Thanksgiving turkey. You are also rewarded for good skills at the end of the level with grades that can unlock various things in the game as well, and unlike previous Suda 51 games where there was no "Game+" mode, you keep your powers and can go back and replay various levels to build up your stats, as well as compete in score/time trials against other people worldwide. One other thing I want to mention is that, as with previous Suda games, the bosses in the game are very original and add a lot to the personality of the game. They're not particularly hard, but they are over the top in terms of style and character and help you get more invested in the battle. The humor and style of the game is hit or miss. If you've played other Suda games then the style will be familiar (albeit more tame than in previous games) so if you didn't like it before you won't like it now. Still, compared to previous works like Killer 7, No More Heroes and even Shadows of the Damned, this one is definitely the weakest in terms of wit and humor.

Speaking of what's weak with this game, there's quite a few things. For one, the control scheme is somewhat unintuitive. I don't understand why now in 2012 we don't have games that always allow for you to customize the controls. It's hard to explain, but for some reason I kept getting confused with the square and X buttons and as a result my combos would mess up, or because I had to think more about them they weren't pulled off as efficiently. Also, at one point you get a gun attachment to your chainsaw. You have to hold down L2 to get into firing "mode" and then hit R2 to actually fire. R2 though, when not in that mode, acts as your method of triggering your "Special" mode (Think Rage of the God/Titans from God of War games.) On a number of occasions I apparently hit L2 and R2 too closely, so while I'd be lining up to hit a target from a distance, all of a sudden I'd kick into my special mode, which, UNlike GoW, you can't turn off and instead have to let it wear off. The game is also rather short, lasting about 5-7 hours, but it can still feel long because you only have about 6 levels that seem to go on and on. The game tries to extend itself by encouraging people to replay levels and get more rewards, but if you're not into that, then it's hard to justify this game as a purchase (at least not for $60) as you can basically finish the game within a weekend. On that note, one protip: Make sure you save all the people in every level, because if you don't you get the "Bad" ending. It's easier to go back to checkpoints within the level than it is to have to go back after you beat the game and replay the levels in their entirety (trust me, I speak from experience.)

To sum up, I had fun with Lollipop Chainsaw but I don't think that everyone else will. As I said, Suda 51's games are an acquired taste, and even having said that, this is basically the weakest of his games. It doesn't mean it's bad, but it's hard to recommend this as a first game into his realm. It would be like recommending someone who never saw a Kevin Smith movie to see Jersey Girl or Chasing Amy first as opposed to Clerks or Dogma. It's worth checking out as a rental or as a budget title (which it will definitely become soon and honestly should have been in the first place) but remember to go into it with those expectations.

Based on a recommendation I decided to try out "Spec Ops: The Line", and I have to say that I am very happy that I did.

You play as a marine named Walker who is sent into Dubai after a distress signal comes basically saying things are f-ed and help is needed. You and 2 sidekicks go about trying to help the citizens who are being oppressed by the last group of soldiers that went in known as the 33rd. It's a standard Gears of War style 3rd person shooter where you'll have your back to various chest high walls, shooting anything that isn't your mates, and leaving a trail of bodies akin to that of a Rambo movie.

From this, you may be wondering why I liked this game or why any person would bother playing when they could get a similar experience simply getting Gears of War from the local bargain bin. The reason is that unlike most recent "Modern Warfare" games that exist, the single player campaign is actually pretty damn good. In fact it's one of the best I've experienced in a long time and definitely would get a medal in the FPS story olympics. All the characters are portrayed well and the vocal work is quite good. At the very beginning I was turned off when I discovered the main character was voiced by Nolan North, the same guy who voiced Desmond Miles and Nathan Drake, along with about a million other parts in videogames. I have to say though that this is probably one of, if not his best vocal work.

The real bright spot here is the story as I mentioned beforehand. What starts off as a simple "Get in get out" mission morphs into a crazy mess that pits Walker and his crew in the middle of a crazy fight between an American army platoon gone berzerk, another platoon gone in to clean up THAT mess, and the innocent civilians caught in the middle.
Things really pick up around halfway through when Walker and his sidekicks create a colossal boo boo and their mood and demeanor spirals downhill, truly changing how they are all perceived by not only the other characters, but more than likely also the player.
It's also one of those rare games that has multiple endings, with each one being dramatically different. I strongly recommend playing to see each ending, as it is easy to do since the ending is determined by what you do in the final chapter.

Still, the game isn't perfect. At the end of the day, this is another one of those "Story over gameplay" scenarios where if it weren't for the story and set pieces, this really would be nothing more than what should be a budget 3rd person shooter. The shooting mechanics are solid but far from polished, the AI is so-so, and your teammates just barely pass as competent. That's not to say that they are dumb, but it can be frustrating when you tell them to take down a guy who has you pinned down and they take an insufferable amount of time to get their stuff together and take the guy out. Finally, whoever thought it was a good idea to by default set the "assign command" button to the 3rd mouse button should have understood that not everyone in the world owns a basic MS mouse with rubber button. I truly think I messed up my mouse's scrolling capabilities as a result of this game.

The issues with gameplay luckily do not overshadow the shining points of this game's story and character development. If you're in the market for a game that plays with your emotions and pulls at your heartstrings, then Spec Ops: The Line is a solid bet. Honestly, even if you don't want to play the game, it's worth looking it up on Youtube to see some gameplay and the cutscenes, as they are worth watching, although really you should just play the damn thing if you can. I give it a B+

Folks I need advice as my Sony HDTV is dying it appears. It's just cutting off and the screen is pulsing before it goes poof.

It's one of the last tube 34 inch HDTVs i believe and was about as good as they got when it came out.

But now with so many thin TVs ( not 200lb ones and it is 200 lbs ) what's a good option ?

I use DISH for TV but I use that TV MOST of the time for xbox gaming and i have no idea what TV to look into

A 42 inch, WHAT ? LCD, plasma, what's out there for a good price and good quality

Opinions please?

Tiger

Nowadays Plasma or LCD/LED are fine options. Just look online for reviews. Generally Samsung and Panasonic are solid brands, Vizio can be hit or miss, Toshiba is decent, and I would probably stray away from the "store brands." Odds are though you can find something you like at your local Costco or WalMart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)