Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

Assuming everything works properly and you can get the price down to $300 it wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't pay what he is asking though. With the price he is asking it doesn't surprise me that it has been listed for 2 months. You can build a new gaming PC with updated, more powerful hardware for not much more than that. You could also put together something with similar power brand new for the same or less money than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he paid nearly double that price when he put it together but those parts are a few years old at this point.

I wouldn't pay anything over $400 for a used PC unless maybe it was originally $1200 and only a year old and in great shape. If it's going to be around $500 it just makes more sense to build it myself. I may send a text to the guy and see if he still has it for sale.

I realize that in this day and age, Nintendo and Sega characters being together is about as common and accepted as Japan and America being allies, but as a guy who grew up during the "Bit Wars," seeing this trailer is like seeing something out of the Twilight Zone: Hyrule used in a Sonic game. If you had told me 15 years ago that this would be a "thing" I would have told you you were nuts. And yes the fact that I said "15 years" shows that I should just get over this, but man this will always feel weird to me..

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/26/sonic-lost-world-the-legend-of-zelda-zone-trailer

On the plus side I think I have my next game picked out after I finish up with NSMBU

I don't think I like it. It makes me feel dirty for some reason. That's Link's world man, stay off his turf.

I finished up inFamous 2 last night. I'm glad to say it improved on inFamous 1 in pretty much every aspect. The story was better, the acting and character models were much better, and most importantly it was just more fun to play. It would have been nice if I didn't already know the ending before I even started playing but I guess that's what happens when you wait 3 years after release to play a game.

In news more relevant to current games, I played the first hour or so of inFamous Second Son too. It's too early to make any judgements about the game but I will say it looks great from a graphics standpoint. The facial animations are right up there with Ryse: Son of Rome for the best I have ever seen.

Coming straight from the all-powerful Cole at the end of inFamous 2 into the beginning of Second Son I felt a little limited. That's probably a product of me playing those games back to back more than anything else. You learn one ability at a time so starting fresh there isn't that much you can do. By the end of the hour I have spent with it so far I had all the mobility I was used to from the previous games. Maybe even a little more. The offensive powers are obviously still much weaker but that will change as I unlock new abilities.

I'm surprised so many people played Bioshock Infinite played on Easy. It's not THAT hard of a game. I think I died 3 times at the most, and I didn't even die on the last part (althougH I couldn't beat it on Hard but by then I felt like I Had nothing else to prove.) Also, I laugh at the idea that people were "afraid" to play Dead Island. I'm sure that many of them, like me, picked it up on the Deep Silver bundle and just wanted Saints Row games, and just picked them up since they were multipack games that you couldn't individually claim.

I'm surprised so many people played Bioshock Infinite played on Easy. It's not THAT hard of a game. I think I died 3 times at the most, and I didn't even die on the last part (althougH I couldn't beat it on Hard but by then I felt like I Had nothing else to prove.) Also, I laugh at the idea that people were "afraid" to play Dead Island. I'm sure that many of them, like me, picked it up on the Deep Silver bundle and just wanted Saints Row games, and just picked them up since they were multipack games that you couldn't individually claim.

Yep, the Dead Island games are both in my steam library and both have never been launched. I do intend to play Dead Island Riptide some day but I always have other games I want to play more. Of course, you could say that about 90% of my steam library.

So I finished "South Park: The Stick of Truth"...

It's hard to review a game like this objectively because South Park itself is so entrenched that it truly affects the experience. It is a game by the creators of South Park for the fans of South Park. It gives you NO background on the characters or give you any context to various references it makes. So if you know nothing of South Park you will not have as good of an experience. Still, if you are a fan of South Park style of humor (meaning crude yet brilliant at the same time) you can probably get a good number of laughs even if you don't get all the references. The game does poke fun at a number of gaming tropes, such as pointing out the fallacies of having a silent protagonist, how stupid turn based combat is in a real world scenario, and even one hilarious part where you are trying to escape from capture and you find audio logs of a guy complaining about all the stupid audio logs he found while trying to escape. If you DON'T like South Park or the type of humor, then this game is not going to change your mind and instead will reinforce what you hate about it.

Gameplay wise it's a rather simple RPG done like Paper Mario games, where it's turn-based combat but allows for timed button pressed to inflict more damage as well as take less damage. It is rather simple, as well as other RPG aspects. This isn't a deep RPG by any stretch of the imagination. You can level max quite easily, and when you do you get access to gear that makes combat quite one-sided. Also, there's little incentive to play this game more than once unless you want to hunt for achievements or want to experience combat differences between the 4 classes. I mean I'm a die-hard South Park fan but I didn't see the need to play this again after I beat it. Don't think you're playing Dragon Age or Oblivion here, even though this was made by Obsidian.

So in conclusion, SP:TSOT will likely go down as one of the greatest licensed video games ever made, and is a great example that licensed games do not all have to be sh*t as long as there is synergy between the developers and the creators of the license. Still, if you are not a fan of South Park or South Park style humor, you're probably better off playing ANYTHING else. Having said all that, for me as a big South Park fan this is a shoe-in for a spot in my GOTY list at the end of the year.

Also just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum for the third time, thereby beating the game on every available format. I beat it originally on the PS3, and then some months later I showed the demo on the 360 to my best friend and got so into it that I rented it again on 360 and beat it there on Hard. Most recently I was playing Arkham Origins and then WB had their Humble Bundle where they included AA and AC and I started playing AA again and thought, "Screw Origins, I'd rather just play Asylum again!" It really is such a great game, and anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, please do. It's probably one of the top 3 comic book video games ever made and is probably in my top 10 greatest of all time. You can get it for under $20 nowadays and it's well worth it. Many say that Arkham City is better, but I liked Asylum better from a story perspective as it allowed focus on a few villains and trying to navigate around Arkham City got rather tedious rather quickly. Still a great game, but if I had to pick 1 it would be Asylum.

Still working through New Super Mario Bros U. Not sure what I'll play after that. Also going to delve back into Rapture in the Bioshock Infinite DLC.

I've been geeking out on Minecraft a lot lately. I know most people think of it as a kids game but it is pretty awesome. The fact that it is so simple yet so complex makes it great for all ages. Not only that but with all the user made mods you can find all kinds of awesome games. The one I haven't tried yet but would like to is the Hunger Games. You can dfind videos on YouTube of people playing it.

I've been geeking out on Minecraft a lot lately. I know most people think of it as a kids game but it is pretty awesome. The fact that it is so simple yet so complex makes it great for all ages. Not only that but with all the user made mods you can find all kinds of awesome games. The one I haven't tried yet but would like to is the Hunger Games. You can dfind videos on YouTube of people playing it.
I don't think of it as a kids game. I think it's cool that kids have latched on to it though. It's like a modern version of Legos, but without the horrific pieces that you step on. I know my cousin's kid is deep into it, and whenever I see his XBL account logged in I see that someone is playing MC. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of the game, but seeing as it's now the 3rd best selling game of all time, many others are.

I don't think of it as a kids game. I think it's cool that kids have latched on to it though. It's like a modern version of Legos, but without the horrific pieces that you step on. I know my cousin's kid is deep into it, and whenever I see his XBL account logged in I see that someone is playing MC. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of the game, but seeing as it's now the 3rd best selling game of all time, many others are.

I didn't think much of it either until I was watching YouTube videos of it with my boy. He's 4 and absolutely loves watching videos on games. What's so great about the game is that when in creative mode a player can just enjoy building things, which can be very simple yet enjoying. This is what my son loves to do. The game also has a survival mode which has monster and other things that can hurt you. This mode is very fun and the move you dive into the more in depth you find this game is. You can really have a great adventure with it. On top of all this you can even play with others online in the same world.

Also just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum for the third time, thereby beating the game on every available format. I beat it originally on the PS3, and then some months later I showed the demo on the 360 to my best friend and got so into it that I rented it again on 360 and beat it there on Hard. Most recently I was playing Arkham Origins and then WB had their Humble Bundle where they included AA and AC and I started playing AA again and thought, "Screw Origins, I'd rather just play Asylum again!" It really is such a great game, and anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, please do. It's probably one of the top 3 comic book video games ever made and is probably in my top 10 greatest of all time. You can get it for under $20 nowadays and it's well worth it. Many say that Arkham City is better, but I liked Asylum better from a story perspective as it allowed focus on a few villains and trying to navigate around Arkham City got rather tedious rather quickly. Still a great game, but if I had to pick 1 it would be Asylum.

Arkham Asylum is still the only game I've ever bought twice (day-one black label and GOTY on PS3). I beat it on all three difficulties and redid all the challenge rooms in the GOTY, since the GOTY version didn't recognize my progress from the original game save file. With that said, I liked Arkham City better when I first played it (though I've only completed it once). But now in retrospect, I see Arkham Asylum as a much tighter story and experience. Arkham City almost tried to do too much in being more massive and including so many villains, though I did really like the Catwoman parts. I also liked some of the gameplay improvements, new abilities, and gadgets. But like the first Uncharted game and Bioshock game, the first Batman game will always occupy a special place for me.

In other news, I've actually had very limited time for gaming this past month due to a new relationship. I guess at 46 it's never too late for ... well, we'll see ... lol. But I did manage to finish episode 2 of The Walking Dead season 2, which I enjoyed, though my complaints about season 2 being dumbed down from even season 1 still hold. But it's the perfect quick easy game for me right now when I have a spare moment or two. I'm also still working my way through LA Noire, though my infrequent playing is causing me to lose track of any bigger picture story arcs. And with said new relationship, we are about 1/3rd of the way through a co-op run of Beyond: Two Souls. As I learned, I'm trying to train her that at 40 something, it's never too late for enjoying video games.

I'm about 70% through New Super Mario Bros U, but I honestly don't see it changing much so I may as well give my thoughts now.

Of course, there's not much to say about the gameplay. This is basically Super Mario in HD, so I won't waste your time. If you've played any Mario game after Super Mario Bros 3 you've basically played this. Still, there's a reason that they keep making these games, and that's because they're good and they sell well. And this game is good. Doesn't deviate much from the formula, but that's good to keep working with a good thing.

The one thing I have to give Nintendo credit for is they finally brought back the challenge to Mario. When I played the last game (New Super Mario Bros Wii) nearly 5 years ago, I was disappointed because I felt the game was too easy. Well this time they really upped the difficulty. It's been a while since I've been so frustrated by a game, but like the recent Rayman games, it's a fun frustration, where you KNOW you can beat it if you just keep trying.

Still, Nintendo is once again committing the sin of just refusing to evolve with the times. As I said, the formula is an oldie but goodie, but it's still old. And sadly it's showing it's age compared to other modern games. We're still using the same power ups that we've used since 1985, and they're actually still using the same SOUND EFFECTS as 1985! There's more nostalgia on display than at a high school reunion from an 80's class.

Perhaps the biggest offender of "won't let go" is Mario's insistence on still using the goddamn lives system. What's most insulting is that even Nintendo doesn't seem to like it anymore but are bound to it, so they throw one ups at you like modern parents throw undeserved accolades on their children. I have over 70 lives right now on my save game, but that of course doesn't include all the lives I've lost so far (and believe me I've lost a lot of them.) So why not just abandon them already? Just give us infinite lives. I mean, if we can save the game progress, what point is there to the lives system?

The other complaint I have is with the revised inventory system. The last New Super Mario game let you carry an absurd amount of items, so I understand Nintendo deciding to limit to about 10 items. However, what I DON'T understand is why they force you to abandon an item if you get a new one and you're full. Why not just let me use an item to free up a spot? Don't make me play Sophie's choice with my items!

So in conclusion, New Super Mario Bros U is another winning entry in the classic Mario Series. However, with each release that wire it walks between "Nostalgia" and "Played Out" gets thinner and thinner, and competition from Rayman and the Indie scene is throwing projectiles and getting closer and closer to knocking him off. I hope Nintendo can mix things up similar to what they did with Mario Galaxy (which they then basically abandoned after SMG 2) but we'll see what happens. I give it a B+.

Is anyone even considering The Elder Scrolls Online? As insanely popular as Skyrim was it seems like there should be an audience for an online version of it. I just can't imagine plunking down $60 to buy a game and then paying $15 per month to play it. Then again, MMOs have never really been my thing and I've never played a game that required a subscription even when they were popular. Maybe I'm just not the target audience for something like this so I was curious to see if anyone here is playing it or plans to check it out.

To me it just seems like an outdated model. It seems like the actual game should be free if they are going to treat it as a service and require you to pay $15 per month to access it. Then less hardcore people could play for 4 months and still pay the same as they would have for a typical game. They would still make big bucks from their target audience who will keep an active subscription for 2+ years. Again, maybe it's just because an MMO has never had it's hooks in me but I wouldn't subscribe at $15 per month even if the game was free.

Also it should be noted that this isn't a Skyrim MMO, and people are already saying the game has a ton of growing pains. I got accepted into the beta, and even downloaded the game files, but I never got around to actually playing the game honestly. It is surprising to see companies STILL use the pay once and then pay monthly model. Hell even WoW has abandoned that by allowing free entry, and then free access up to level 20. And there's so many F2P MMOs out there now that you need more than name recognition to gain a good following. Not even Star Wars could thrive with the old WoW model, and that's STAR WARS. And how ironic that you CONSTANTLY see the headline, "MMO goes F2P, sees X% increase in revenue."

The only MMO I ever got into was WoW, but that lasted maybe 6 months, and that was back when you paid for entry AND paid monthly costs. And given my time constraints with having 2 (soon to be 3) kids and a full time job, I need an MMO like I need an infection.

Xbox One, issue with Ready to Install List & External Drive

Possible xbox Hard drive issues....is all lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)