Where are the upgrades for Mitsu HD Sets?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
When I purchased my 65" Mitsubishi 65611 in 2002, one of the reasons was that it was marketed as being prepared for future technology...it could always be upgraded to "the next big thing". It could always be current (for a price, of course)...as the technology advanced in HD, the Mitsubishi tech/sales staff would alert you and offer you the opportunity to get current.
With the advent of 1080P, I've been thinking that I'd be hearing something....heck in three years, not a peep...but certainly this was major enough to consider getting upgraded. So I made the call, and wouldn't you know it?!...once the csr made sure she got all my marketable info current and correct address, e-mail,etc etc), and I'm waiting for the price bombshell....she says "Nope no current upgrades available on that model !"
I said but there's NEVER been anything in three years, you're in tech...are they working on it...will it be offered in the future?...She just kept repeating the script..."There are no upgrades available currently for that model."
So now I'm thinking this tv will be like the betamax in about two years. Any other Mitsu owners out there that can relate?

brooks said:
When I purchased my 65" Mitsubishi 65611 in 2002, one of the reasons was that it was marketed as being prepared for future technology...it could always be upgraded to "the next big thing". It could always be current (for a price, of course)...as the technology advanced in HD, the Mitsubishi tech/sales staff would alert you and offer you the opportunity to get current.
With the advent of 1080P, I've been thinking that I'd be hearing something....heck in three years, not a peep...but certainly this was major enough to consider getting upgraded. So I made the call, and wouldn't you know it?!...once the csr made sure she got all my marketable info current and correct address, e-mail,etc etc), and I'm waiting for the price bombshell....she says "Nope no current upgrades available on that model !"
I said but there's NEVER been anything in three years, you're in tech...are they working on it...will it be offered in the future?...She just kept repeating the script..."There are no upgrades available currently for that model."
So now I'm thinking this tv will be like the betamax in about two years. Any other Mitsu owners out there that can relate?

I think back then there were some of us thinking it was just Marketing Scam they were using? Looks like it worked for them?:eek:

I've applied a few (2) upgrades to my 2001 mits. added some devices to netcommand and fixed a problem where the set was locking up and then powering down requiring a reset to get going again. The sets that had the early DVI ports also could buy an external tuner that expande the number of input the set could handle. From what I understand they quit building the exteranal tuner, advertised it's existance very little and let it die away quietly.

If I remember correctly when I looked into this for my Mits the upgrade promised was bascially the ATSC tuner and firewire and they wanted about $900 for it. So I guess they kept their promise of having an upgrade, it just wasn't worth it for me.

It I remember it was 1000 dollars to add a external adapter that added a DVI port.
What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.